Hibs forward offside, but move on a frame and hes not offside

pelem

This is the verdict of sportscenes top expert Stewart on the equaliser today.

Says yes the hibs player is offside but the next frame he's onside so it's not the linos fault that the flag didn't go up.

I say if the lino was in the Correct position to see it then he should have flagged but didn't because he wasn't in the right position to look across his line.

The case today is the same as I have seen at Ibrox when we are defending the Copland goal. The lino is rarely in line with the defence.

It involves us so he’s doing his best to downplay the incident. Trying to tell the Rangers fans to shut up and stop complaining.

Likewise when Halliday suggested Porteous should’ve been sent off, he scoffed at him.

Lots of ‘50/50’ incidents (ie sending offs, offsides, fouls etc which folk argue about) involving us, has he ever argued our side of the fence on any of them? For a ‘neutral’ I don’t recall SNP member Stewart ever doing so.

I haven’t seen sport scene so not sure if they mentioned it but no one did on sky

Why has no one mentioned that Nesbit looked about 3 yards offside when he flicked the ball on for Boyle before first goal?

Porteous smashing Morelos off the ball was a red - sportscene was the first time I saw it as was on the golf course earlier.

We really need to be better with our lines. We know an ex player and rangers fan is going on sportscene tonight. Could someone from the club not dropped him a message saying “Stewart said Morelos red at parkhead was a red as it was ‘off the ball and a raised arm’. I haven’t checked but I’m almost certain that was the line all pundits took so Halliday can make Stewart look like an agenda driven fanny but again we are too nice as a club. Don’t think for a second Celtic wouldn’t have briefed one of their cheerleaders a line in similar circumstances.

This no mark should be ignored at all times.

Total failure of a man.

Strange how Walker and Stewart and all the other Yahoos stand up for the yahoo linesman and it being a difficult decision??

Player was offside, linesman had a perfect view and chose not to raise his flag.

Regardless, we couldn't finish chances and Goldson caused the build up leading to that goal with that inexcusable mistake.

Porteous smashing Morelos off the ball was a red - sportscene was the first time I saw it as was on the golf course earlier.

We really need to be better with our lines. We know an ex player and Rangers fan is going on sportscene tonight. Could someone from the club not dropped him a message saying “Stewart said Morelos red at parkhead was a red as it was ‘off the ball and a raised arm’. I haven’t checked but I’m almost certain that was the line all pundits took so Halliday can make Stewart look like an agenda driven fanny but again we are too nice as a club. Don’t think for a second Celtic wouldn’t have briefed one of their cheerleaders a line in similar circumstances.

m8 that is too much work for our media and pr team.

but hey if they did, they would be at least acknowledging a fight. A fight celtic have being doing with hartson and sutton for a long time.

There's no in-between or argument to make against an offside call.

You're either offside onside or not interfering with play when the ball is played.

There's no other argument.

The linesman got it wring simple as that

Definite offside, refs and linesmen told to play advantage to the striker in close call situations like that, but I guarantee if Alfredo had stuck it away the flag would be up before the net ruffled.

I haven’t seen sport scene so not sure if they mentioned it but no one did on sky

Why has no one mentioned that Nesbit looked about 3 yards offside when he flicked the ball on for Boyle before first goal?

I've been trying to get another look at that, at first glance he looked offside.

What the fu*k is Kamara doing at that goal? I was working yesterday and only seen it when I finished last night.He is absolutely nowhere left his man to cover nothing.Dreadful positioning.

What the fu*k is Kamara doing at that goal? I was working yesterday and only seen it when I finished last night.He is absolutely nowhere left his man to cover nothing.Dreadful positioning.
It wasn't kamara, it was Davis that runs to near post with nobody there leaving his man on penalty spot for a free shot at goal

It wasn't kamara, it was Davis that runs to near post with nobody there leaving his man on penalty spot for a free shot at goal
If you get a chance to watch it again mate watch Kamara again just him.He drifts from the edge of the box where the lad is towards Barisic but stops halfway instead of pressing Boyle with Barisic and cutting off any chance of crossing the ball.I agree Davis does nothing either but for me Kamara is doing absolutely nothing of worth there.

Says yes the hibs player is offside but the next frame he's onside so it's not the linos fault that the flag didn't go up.

I say if the lino was in the Correct position to see it then he should have flagged but didn't because he wasn't in the right position to look across his line.

The case today is the same as I have seen at Ibrox when we are defending the Copland goal. The lino is rarely in line with the defence.
I think the rule is " When the ball is played is he offside"

I might not be seeing it correctly but I think the Porteous incident was a yellow. Looked to me like he barged into him without lifting his arms. Hanlon on the other hand deliberately elbowed Hagi in the face and should have walked. McCoist pandering and saying otherwise was absolutely tragic.

On the offside, the finger gimp is bending over backwards in an attempt to downplay its significance.

I might not be seeing it correctly but I think the Porteous incident was a yellow. Looked to me like he barged into him without lifting his arms. Hanlon on the other hand deliberately elbowed Hagi in the face and should have walked. McCoist pandering and saying otherwise was absolutely tragic.

On the offside, the finger gimp is bending over backwards in an attempt to downplay its significance.
I laughed out loud when the ginger mentally challenged said that unbelievable

I thought that with the in game coverage and replays but afterwards when discussing it they done a magnifying glass look while discussing it and it looked like porteous raising his arm and smashes Morelos.

To be fair to Stewart I thought the same with the Ajer penalty incident, if you move the film one frame back his arm isn’t hitting the ball and it’s not a penalty. These referees are arseholes.

I thought that with the in game coverage and replays but afterwards when discussing it they done a magnifying glass look while discussing it and it looked like porteous raising his arm and smashes Morelos.
Fair enough mate. I switched off as soon as the final whistle went.

Well it is difficult to look at the ball and the line at the same time unless you are Ben Turpin, but assistant refs practice all the time, and it is really no excuse.

So it is a "maybe aye, maybe naw" incident in Stewart''s eyes. What a lot of shit, offside can only be yes or no, nothing else.

TV stills clearly show the Hibs player was offside but as the incident goes against Rangers the Rangers hating scumbag wants to muddy the waters.

Personally I thought it was a hard call for the linesman to make and it is one of those very close calls that you just have to accept will go for you and against you many times a season until VAR is introduced in our penniless backwater.

It involves us so he’s doing his best to downplay the incident. Trying to tell the Rangers fans to shut up and stop complaining.

Likewise when Halliday suggested Porteous should’ve been sent off, he scoffed at him.

Lots of ‘50/50’ incidents (ie sending offs, offsides, fouls etc which folk argue about) involving us, has he ever argued our side of the fence on any of them? For a ‘neutral’ I don’t recall SNP member Stewart ever doing so.
Not only that they showed that incident for seconds but showed the Hagi incident which wasn't a red card 3 or 4 times

This is what we are listening to on telly from a so called tv pundit.

This is the country where a ball can go into the net and rebound into the penalty area and the ref hasn’t seen a goal. One frame the ball is in the net, next frame it’s not, answer = no goal.

Anyone any clips of the first goal ? I want to see where Nesbit was before he won the knock on. I’m pretty certain he is about 2/3 yards offside

Back