Hibs Last season on the Friday night also had people trapped at the front of the queue

remembertheepoch

I was at the Hibs game last season that was on the Friday night. Ended up missing 10mins of the game and there was folk trapped trying to get into turnstiles. Hibs is another disaster waiting to happen.

Correct, that was a disaster waiting to happen.

There was another similar incident at Fir Hill the season before. Not crushing to the extent of Hibs and Killie but many Bears missed up to 25mins of the first half due to turnstyle failure.

There was another similar incident at Fir Hill the season before. Not crushing to the extent of Hibs and Killie but many Bears missed up to 25mins of the first half due to turnstyle failure.
Yeah, the Firhill game was a league game on a Friday night and it was an absolute fiasco.Plenty missed much of the first half due to the crush caused by little or no organisation.
We returned there to play them again,in the league cup,the following week and the organisation was much improved.
Shows what can be achieved if those who’s job it is to get fans in safely actually have a plan.

Was sitting in the top tier that night. Entire top of the stand was expected to exit through one set of tiny double doors at FT.

Absolute disgrace, won't be setting foot back in that deathtrap. Genuine fear for safety at that dump.

Yeah, the Firhill game was a league game on a Friday night and it was an absolute fiasco.Plenty missed much of the first half due to the crush caused by little or no organisation.
We returned there to play them again,in the league cup,the following week and the organisation was much improved.
Shows what can be achieved if those who’s job it is to get fans in safely actually have a plan.

The 2-2 game. The section around us was empty until about half an hour in. Didn’t have all of their turnstiles Open. Iirc all the talk after the game was about some flag that got pinched from the Thistle end.

Same at the St Johnstone midweek match (won 4-0 I think). Fuming parents coming in 25 late with hysterical children after crushing outside.

It’s an utter farce.

I had no issues at Hibs as we were the first to get into our end but there was a much heavier Police presence outside with extra checks going on. Think we were searched twice and ticket inspected 4 times before getting into the stand.

The 2-2 game. The section around us was empty until about half an hour in. Didn’t have all of their turnstiles Open. Iirc all the talk after the game was about some flag that got pinched from the Thistle end.

Same at the St Johnstone midweek match (won 4-0 I think). Fuming parents coming in 25 late with hysterical children after crushing outside.

It’s an utter farce.
Been at all these games mentioned, and totally back up the points made.

In recent years, the worse that comes to mind is Sunday, Hibs, St Johnstone and I recall bad crushing at Dens......I genuinely believe one day soneones going to be seriously hurt.

And for me, Police Scotland are ultimately responsible. Stewards steward and safety officers prepare but if and when there is hundreds of folk being crushed, the role of the police is to protect life and property....its for them to take control.

They police by public consent. Given the real life experience at every away match I goto is that of officers more intent at snarling and choking to jail fans, they would do well to remember that.

[
I was at the Hibs game last season that was on the Friday night. Ended up missing 10mins of the game and there was folk trapped trying to get into turnstiles. Hibs is another disaster waiting to happen.
it was bad that night,but the next visit to Easter Road was better as they had more staff and were checking tickets and doing searches well away from the turnstiles.

Why so many failings? Is this unique to us or does it involve the soapdodgers and hearts at Easter road too?

[

it was bad that night,but the next visit to Easter Road was better as they had more staff and were checking tickets and doing searches well away from the turnstiles.

We havent been back to Easter Road since that friday night game in early march.

I geniunely was scared for mine and my wifes safety getting into Easter road that night it was horrendous

I don't recall any of these crush incidents in the lower leagues, there's many an old ground I travelled to those 5 seasons, with old brickwork and old school rip the ticket turnstile with no problems. Maybe those who went to every game had different experiences.
Not at the same level but I remember getting into Tynecastle at the end of the MW phase a nightmare! Turnstile broken, crowds swelling as it was a midweek kick off all the buses arriving the same time...of course we got the blame for having forgeries and causing the surge

Back