Hibs Offside goal was a foul on Hellander also.

It was clear live at the time it was offside and a clear 2 hands on Helander. The goal would have been chopped off it was anybody other than us.

The manager and the club say nothing.

Is there an offside on the Hibs first goal when the guy headers it out to Boyle? The BBC replays don’t show it from a great angle.

So initially I was of the opinion he was just stronger than Helander, but watching it again he clearly puts both hands on him and uses Helander as leverage and at the same time stops him from challenging fairly for the ball. The goal should never have stood imo, and that rhat linesman has a clear view.

Thanks for that. On initial watching I didn't think his hands went on Helander until after he touched the ball so the header was fine imo, just left raging at the offside. Turns out there were actually 2 chances for the officials to do there job within seconds of each other and they failed/succeeded miserably/perfectly from our and their perspectives.

Helander being too honest as soon as he felt the contact he should have folded he wasn’t getting off the deck anyway with that big donkey on his back

It wasn’t a foul for me, I won’t claim to be an expert on the rules. Morelos was also a goal, I suppose I just like a more physical game where you get to fight your corner. Old school bear is my only excuse, it’s what I was brought up on.

You maybe old school, but it isn't old school rules they play these days.

Times have changed only we have different rules applied in our games.

And I'm no jestin.

Looked a clear foul to me at the time. However, complete lack of complaining by Helander or any Rangers player made me think it wasn't actually a problem. but I think that's just the way we roll, spineless on the pitch, but ignore people off it.

Looked a clear foul to me at the time. However, complete lack of complaining by Helander or any Rangers player made me think it wasn't actually a problem. but I think that's just the way we roll, spineless on the pitch, but ignore people off it.
Been a pet hate of mine for a while. I was brought up to claim for everything and never accept anything. If you want to fight, we’ll fight, if you want to play football, we can do that too but most of all we have each other’s back no matter who where or when.

Our players are too nice and too honest don’t want us to cheat but we really need to play the game, you feel someone using you as a climbing frame go down like a ton of bricks screaming and 9 times out of 10 you’ll get the foul!!

Our players are too nice and too honest don’t want us to cheat but we really need to play the game, you feel someone using you as a climbing frame go down like a ton of bricks screaming and 9 times out of 10 you’ll get the foul!!

He did go down, he did scream, he didn't get the foul.

Foul all day long.

You might have got away with that in the 1980s not anymore.

Any contact in the box is a foul these days.

I just posted this on another thread ref the refereeing:

Daily record - according to Jonathan Mcfarlane:

1. offside decision - yes it’s offside, but you can understand why it’s not given.
2. Red cards - nah, both incidents are yellow.
3. Hibs deserves a penalty.

Who says there is no agenda?

I said prior to the photos that I wasn't sure if it was. Seeing the photos, there's no doubt now that he has used Helander to climb, and it is indeed a foul. So, twice fucked by the officials in the same goal that should never have stood.

I said prior to the photos that I wasn't sure if it was. Seeing the photos, there's no doubt now that he has used Helander to climb, and it is indeed a foul. So, twice fucked by the officials in the same goal that should never have stood.
Can you imagine TLB and his hordes if they had been on the receiving end of those decisions , the fact they have been very mute tells you all you need to know about how they are being officiated compared to Rangers .

"Defenders always get the benefit of the doubt"...

That's usually the commentator's comment when a foul is given against the attacker 99.9% of the time in those instances.

We all said at the time it wasn't a foul by Morelos so I'm unsure if it's 'blatent' but the inconsistency is the problem.

Would a smart person be able to put up the incidents one after the other.

Offside and then both hands pushing.

How Hanlon and Porteous weren't straight reds is unreal.

I missed the game as we were away for the weekend and the near 8 minute official highlights don't have out disallowed goal.

Can you imagine TLB and his hordes if they had been on the receiving end of those decisions , the fact they have been very mute tells you all you need to know about how they are being officiated compared to Rangers .
Exactly.

Offside and then both hands pushing.

How Hanlon and Porteous weren't straight reds is unreal.

I missed the game as we were away for the weekend and the near 8 minute official highlights don't have out disallowed goal.
I've still not seena good view of the Porteous one, but Hanlon he clearly puts his elbow up over Hagi's shoulder and smashes him in the face. That's a potential jaw breaker.
These thugs know they can get away with excessive force against us, and the fact they go unpunished, or at best not fully punished is fucking despicable.
These cunts are actually allowing people to cause our players harm.
Just as an aside, does anyone know how many off the ball knocks Alfredo has had over the years?
Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking McKenna at least twice with the rescinded red at Pittodrie 2 years ago, Jullien at Christmas time there, Porteous the other day. I'm sure there are others.
What has Morelos doen to any of them to be deserving of this treatment? He's clearly targeted and it's deemed as ok.
And why the %^*& aren't we highlighting this? No other player is subjected to this treatment. It's a fucking disgrace in all honesty. From them, and from us in not highlighting it.

SG needs his team to hound the refs. Me and my family where all shouting at the TV. OFFSIDE, then Foul, then the AMAZEMENT at why we as a team accept these blatant corrupt multiple decisions.

Yes we wont change his mind, yes we know he is corrupt, but raise the awareness. Until our team, manager, club do so, us fans will have to sit at home and boo. Pathetic.

Is it a mental thing? here we go again more corrupt actions, whats the point?

Last edited:
I said it yesterday and have watched it again this morning.
Yes his hands are definitely on him, but he’s up and above Helander before Helander is even looking at jumping.
Normally I’m the first to say it is a clear cut decision for us, but I’m still a wee bit unsure on this one.
Strong forward play for me

I said it yesterday and have watched it again this morning.
Yes his hands are definitely on him, but he’s up and above Helander before Helander is even looking at jumping.
Normally I’m the first to say it is a clear cut decision for us, but I’m still a wee bit unsure on this one.

for me the boy wanted it more and bullied helenader

balogun doesn’t lose that header

I dont have the game recorded but the first goal was 2yrds offside for Hibs as well. Not sure if it was Doidge or Nisbet that challenged for the header before it broke to Boyle wide right. As the ball is played they started 2yrds offside and came back on to jump for header.

Hands were all over him, Helendar couldn't get off the ground - was a clear foul. That we get illegit goals scored against us for two not one offences is moving the bar up, even for this shower.

If it was Morelos it wouldny only have been a foul, but probably a yellow card also. Still I think Helander was too weak in front of the goal. You can see him marking the Hibs player a second before, just to lose him the moment after that. Foul -> yes. Bad defending -> also.

Clear as day in every challenge against us and as usual minimal reaction from the ref or none at all.

100% off-side. Officials do their job, the rest is irrelevant.

Foul? I’m not so sure. Could’ve gone either way imo. But if that was a foul at other end of the pitch - I’d be livid!

what bit are you not sure about? Was Helander’s shoulder impeding the guys hands?

It wasn’t a foul for me, I won’t claim to be an expert on the rules. Morelos was also a goal, I suppose I just like a more physical game where you get to fight your corner. Old school bear is my only excuse, it’s what I was brought up on.
Your no expert. Plucking hell some on here are worse than the officials.

Both hands on his shoulders,preventing Helander from jumping. Clear foul but remember the goal Hately scored against aberdeen, I always thought that was a foul too!
WATP

Helander defended the goal in the same manner as his compatriot Karl Svensson. Managed to get smaller by jumping.

for me the boy wanted it more and bullied helenader

balogun doesn’t lose that header

There is not a defender in the world winning that header with someone with both hands on their shoulders.

The laws of gravity defy your logic. Despite how old school you are or how tough you think someone is. The pressure going down is greater than going up.

Whether you like it or not it is a blatant foul.

Back