Hibs - Paul Heckingbottom appointed as head coach

top_cat

Official Ticketer
No idea who he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47225844

Former Barnsley and Leeds United manager Paul Heckingbottom has been appointed Hibernian's new head coach.
The 41-year-old Englishman has agreed a three-and-a-half-year contract and will be assisted by former Scotland international Robbie Stockdale.

Was highly rated at Barnsley, went to Leeds and lasted about 15 matches then got the sack.

* not that getting the sack at Leeds counts for any thing.

What happened to Appleton?

Was highly rated at Barnsley, went to Leeds and lasted about 15 matches then got the sack.

His talks fell through then theycouldn’t agree what his potential severance package would be.

Wonder what his demands were?

At least it's outside the box and not Rangers hating bastards.
Reported he wanted a year's wages if he was sacked and a relocation allowance to move to Edinburgh. Hibs offered him 4 months wages if they sacked him and no relocation allowance.

Didn't get much of a chance at Leeds, but he done well at Barnsley & reckon he will make a decent manager at this level.

Sure I've heard him speaking highly of Rangers in the past too. Good appointment for Hibs IMO.

Was highly rated at Barnsley.
Leeds have been a basket case for clubs when it comes to managers, so hard to
Judge anyone on that.

Reactions: TQ3
His talks fell through then theycouldn’t agree what his potential severance package would be.
He wanted a year and Hibs to pay for a relocation package.
Hibs offered 4 months and told he pays for his own relocation.

Heard he was well thought of a Barnsley and a bit of a local hero - Could work for Hibs, being a shower of backward tramps.

Did well at Barnsley then flopped at Leeds, didn't last long there at all iirc.

Anyway, f*ck him and hivs.

A good appointment for them. The guy was very highly rated and seen as a coup for Leeds.

I hope they lift there game as you often see when a new manager is appointed, they won't finish in the top 6 so will be of no importance to us but in the cup game against them would be nice.

Dickheads like Gray, Whittaker, Allen, Stevenson, Horgan and their spoonburning support along with Petrie will soon have it drumed into them.

Stevenson is ok. Met him a couple of times through friends of the Mrs. He's no Rangers hater either, supported us growing up.

Before you say it I know Allen was too but he falls naturally into the term dickhead!

2nd Choice too.

Appleton knocked them back because he wanted 12 months compo if he was sacked and Hibs said it would be 4, and he wanted relocation money to move his family up and get a place up here and Hibs said no.

Surprised at the appointment if I am honest, thought they might go for a bigger name

Local Barnsley lad. Took over from Lee Johnson who left for Bristol City.
We were bottom of league 1 at Christmas but he got us promoted to the Championship in the same season, albeit with Lee Johnson's signings.
Barnsley were in the middle of a takeover and the club lost it's way a bit on the park when he left for Leeds, resulting in relegation.
I would normally wish him well, but can't bring myself to do so now with the club he's gone to.
He was still attending Barnsley matches while out of work.

Appleton turned them down after being refused a severance package, and a refusal to assist with accommodation in Scotland.

Couple of mates are big Leeds fans and they absolutely hated him as manager, said he was appalling. The games I watched with Heckingbottom in charge there, they looked a shambles. Mind you, Leeds haven't exactly been straight forward to manage the last few years.

Can't comment on how he was with Barnsley etc as I didn't watch him there.

Back