Hibs players diving

XabGer

How much time goes into this at training do you think. Seemed to be every time a Rangers player came within 2 feet of a Hibs player he fell over then several got in the refs face calling for a booking. Time referees clamped down on this obvious cheating and not be conned so easily. Seems to be happening with all teams we play against at the moment. Don´t see it so much with our team.

I actually think it impacted on Porteous game. He seemed more intent on either getting Rangers players booked or trying to injure them. If you want to make a name for yourself as a hard defender don’t be rolling about holding your head when someone touches the middle of your back.

Porteous tries it every game with Morelos. The guys a proper embarrassment.
The free kick they got where their player just dived to head the ball missed and fell over with Bassey laying a single finger on him was mind boggling.

Two of three of them like to hit the deck when there is absolutely minimal contact.
In fairness to Beaton he didn’t fall for it on several occasions.
He even took the time to go over to the class idiot,Porteuos and point out that twice he had gone done for no reason just because Alfie was close to him.

Two of three of them like to hit the deck when there is absolutely minimal contact.
In fairness to Beaton he didn’t fall for it on several occasions.
He even took the time to go over to the class idiot,Porteuos and point out that twice he had gone done for no reason just because Alfie was close to him.
Not surprised they tried this given it worked in the semi-final!

The ref actually did well last night i thought and didn't get taken in by the antics.

Not always something to be said for Mr Beaton.
A good point and it was something of a surprise but then the comparative standards of measurement are lower than a snake's belly.

Id also suggest whatever is going on, if a player continually remonstrates to the Official that action should be taken there should be a warning to zip it and any further occurrence he himself gets the card.

You see it plenty with real referees when they make a cut it out gesture and sometimes a bit of grandstanding like that does have its place.

Not surprised they tried this given it worked in the semi-final!
Yeah defo worked for them in the SF.
Last night not so much.
I think they watch a John McGinn DVD every day in training.

Last edited:
How much time goes into this at training do you think. Seemed to be every time a Rangers player came within 2 feet of a Hibs player he fell over then several got in the refs face calling for a booking. Time referees clamped down on this obvious cheating and not be conned so easily. Seems to be happening with all teams we play against at the moment. Don´t see it so much with our team.
Ryan Porteous dived 3 times in the first 21 minutes.

The 2nd was so egregious the ref stopped the game to have a word with him.

Have you ever heard anything so embarrassing? A centreback! Who fancies himself as a hardman. Diving 3 times in a match. And Porteous managed that in just the first 21 minutes.

Unsportsmanlike conduct, several Hivs players should be charged by the compliance officer. But we know they won't be.
The authorities could stop this almost overnight if they were at all interested in the product that pays their salaries. Review the TV evidence, pull the culprits in and give them a yellow card. Same for surrounding and shouting at the ref.
If a club were shown to be persistent offenders they and the manager should be fined, too.

I actually think it impacted on Porteous game. He seemed more intent on either getting Rangers players booked or trying to injure them. If you want to make a name for yourself as a hard defender don’t be rolling about holding your head when someone touches the middle of your back.

He tried it at Hampden too, with his manager also embarrassingly in the 4th officials face.

And it was for a nothing then too.

The ref actually did well last night i thought and didn't get taken in by the antics.

Not always something to be said for Mr Beaton.
the one where he booked Porteous for going of his nut for Morelos' putting his hand on his back was poetic... about 5 mins after he went down in a crumpled heap holding his head as him and morelos went hip to hip in a challenge.

How Newell wasn’t booked I’ll never know. Constantly fouling.
In addition to the general totting up process, he had 2 fouls that were individually both worthy of a booking in the space of about a minute 2nd half. One just a poor tackle, one a professional foul.

Within the same little spell one of his teams, possibly Campbell?, should have seen yellow for a professional foul too.

No cards at all for this persistent fouls, some worthy of a yellow irrespective if the rotting up process.

He could probably be a half decent player but too interested in the opposition. Especially when it is us.

It was an embarrassment when he went down holding his head. Probably should have had a card.

Was embarrassing really for them. Up until the penalty going down was definitely part of their game plan whether that was to get a draw or score late on so we couldn't get back in to it. Who knows? We got the 3 points in the end.

The Ref pointed out to Happy where he had done it 3 times with Morelos
The irony being the next time he passed it and Morelos kind of closed him down he made the most contact he made all game and porteous didn’t go down. He was clearly trying to get Morelos off.

Can’t expect much else from their players when you have a manager of the mentality to say of the penalty “I would have claimed for it, although it wasn’t a penalty”
Demonstrates the mindset of the wide boy antics he has clearly passed on to his players, even copying the Kyogo sore head dive to break up play.

the one where he booked Porteous for going of his nut for Morelos' putting his hand on his back was poetic... about 5 mins after he went down in a crumpled heap holding his head as him and morelos went hip to hip in a challenge.
the first one was absolutely laughable (btw, he didn't book, just had a word).
a nothing touch by morelos, he still got a decent pass away, and he's thumping the turf in frustration. even if it was a foul, wtf is he expecting the ref to do? Break down a hibs attack to give them a free-kick at the halfway line?

It's not just a Hibs problem, theatrics are sadly just part of the modern game, especially from teams up against us if things are level, pointless timewasting and breaking up the play.

There was one in the first half where Bassey was tracking one of their players out towards the touchline and the Hibs guy just collapsed in a heap. It looked soft on first viewing and a replay proved Bassey didn't even make contact with him. Walker commented on how Rangers should not be making such needless fouls. He never even corrected himself.

I'm all for trying to gain an advantage in the game, going down under contact is just one of those shite parts of modern football, but Hibs are divers and cheats.

Our management should use all available platforms to call out these ridiculous clubs trying every trick in the book to get players sent off

I notice that Porteous is always grinning. It's like he relishes going up against Alfie.... He loves the duel. The fact he is not in the same league as Morelos seems lost on him.

I notice that Porteous is always grinning. It's like he relishes going up against Alfie.... He loves the duel. The fact he is not in the same league as Morelos seems lost on him.
fN2gBx3.jpg

Was waiting on a Martin Boyle special after we scored if he got a sniff inside or close to the box. Porteous should have been booked for the 2nd one when Beaton pulled him up he done it in the semi as well feigning an elbow to the face

Back