Article Hibs Preview - Heading East to put down a marker

Hibs will be right up for this and rightly so!

If we can keep it tight at the back and get the first goal I fancy our chances.

I must say I detest the phrase 'put down a marker', it only seems to be used in Scotland. Im not sure exactly what its suppose to mean or why Rangers need to do whatever it does mean. We are the Champions, we have the best Manager, we have the best Players and We Are The People. Let everyone else worry about us - as they should.

Victory tonight at Easter Road will see the Giovanni van Bronckhurst era firmly bursting into life.

Id say that happened in his first game with a superb result against a quality team, on the biggest stage we are competing on this season. I sort of take the point in the sense that we want the team to really cut loose and mangle some opponents as is within our range and firepower. That said given the stuttering and often faltering points of the season so far Id be more than happy for the small, incremental improvements we have seen in Gio's first couple of games.

I suspect we will see more of that gradual progression and in the long run it will serve us better than a burst of form which could bubble.

I must say I detest the phrase 'put down a marker', it only seems to be used in Scotland. Im not sure exactly what its suppose to mean or why Rangers need to do whatever it does mean. We are the Champions, we have the best Manager, we have the best Players and We Are The People. Let everyone else worry about us - as they should.

Victory tonight at Easter Road will see the Giovanni van Bronckhurst era firmly bursting into life.

Id say that happened in his first game with a superb result against a quality team, on the biggest stage we are competing on this season. I sort of take the point in the sense that we want the team to really cut loose and mangle some opponents as is within our range and firepower. That said given the stuttering and often faltering points of the season so far Id be more than happy for the small, incremental improvements we have seen in Gio's first couple of games.

I suspect we will see more of that gradual progression and in the long run it will serve us better than a burst of form which could bubble.
Thank you Mr Logic.

Think you meant a bubble of form that could burst.....haha

Back