Status
Not open for further replies.
All fit.

McLaughlin
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barišić
Davis Kamara
Roofe Hagi Kent
Morelos​

This is who I'd go with, biggest decision is goalkeeper for me. It's tough on McGregor as he's a fantastic keeper especially at shot-stopping but McLaughlin has done nothing wrong and is better equipped to play the ball out from the back.

McLaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Roofe
Hagi
Kent
Morelos

That should be the team, with who we have fit, that’s comfortably our best team

Speaking to a Hibs supporter earlier in the week and they were not impressed with they way they've been playing.

Not sure what they are expecting tbh, they have taken 16 points from 7 matches.

I watched them away to St. Johnstone and they should have been beaten. Didn't look too good that day although still got the win.
I watched them vs A'deen and Dundee Tesco. They lost one and won one but both games were crap. However, they have only conceded 3 goals in 7 matches so they are no mugs.

If we 'click' on Sunday we will win - but I expect a tight game.

As I say no problem with either playing but still think AM is the better keeper
That and he’s our no 1. Not injured he’s playing that’s how it works. The goalkeeping position is totally different to the rest as you can’t chop and change. Shagger is the goalie when fit simple as that

That and he’s our no 1. Not injured he’s playing that’s how it works. The goalkeeping position is totally different to the rest as you can’t chop and change. Shagger is the goalie when fit simple as that
I think you’ll be in for a shock when the team is announced on Sunday mate.

Arfield has certainly played himself well into contention for a start on Sunday for sure, but still think I would stick with Hagi starting.

That's with Roofe fit of course. If he is out then both start with Kent in the 10's behind Alfie.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara

Roofe Hagi Kent

Morelos

That's the team for me, if everyone is fit.

Arfield for Roofe, if he doesn't make it.

I actually think this will be one of our more comfortable away games.

I've watched Hibs against Motherwell, Aberdeen and St Johnstone.
They scored one goal in those games and should've lost every one of them.

They will also play more openly than other teams we've faced, which will suit us perfectly.

Assuming all the players are fit who played today

I go with this line up

McLaughlin

tav
Goldson
Balagon
Barasic

davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

thibk the game would pass hagi by big game no passengers no youngsters no projects

get out there and win
Surely Helander has to start he is our best defender Balogun has been good too but Helender is a top defender rest of team I agree with you but think the manager will pick Hagi in front of Arfield

That's the team for me, if everyone is fit.

Arfield for Roofe, if he doesn't make it.

I actually think this will be one of our more comfortable away games.

I've watched Hibs against Motherwell, Aberdeen and St Johnstone.
They scored one goal in those games and should've lost every one of them.

They will also play more openly than other teams we've faced, which will suit us perfectly.
I agree I watched they games too and came to same conclusion I thought they were very poor if we play our normal game we will crush them

I go with this line up

McLaughlin

tav
Goldson
Balagon
Barasic

davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

thibk the game would pass hagi by big game no passengers no youngsters no projects

get out there and win
Helander and Goldson are by a distance the best CH paring imo. Rest of the team is what I would go with.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Hagi
Arfield
Kent

Morelos

Cant see him risking Roofe if he has a history of calf troubles, would be ridiculous this early in the season with the matches coming up to take even a slight risk with our number 9.

Don't like playing Hagi off the right but looking at how light our subs bench will be already after a few weeks it shows the need for reinforcements.

Be curious to see if McGregor starts in these kind of games, we'll be alot more tested at the back and Mcgregor is still the best shot stopper by a mile

In your opinion it's as "simple as that" in my opinion it's not!

McLaughlin

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Kamara
Davis

Roofe (if not fit Arfield)
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

subs:
McGregor, Patterson, Balogun/Edmundson, Arfield/Stewart, Itten, Defoe, Bassey

The only big decision (out with the keeper) to be made is whether it's Hagi, Roofe or Arfield.

Full strength where possible with all the injuries for me:

McLaughlin

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Roofe
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

Fire Power from the bench with Itten and Defoe, we still look strong but remain quite light in the attacking roles behind the front man.

If Macgregor is fit he starts, McLaughlin has done well but he came here knowing shagger was the number 1

I go with this line up

McLaughlin

tav
Goldson
Balagon
Barasic

davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

get out there and win

Hagi offers far, far more in "big games" than people give him credit for. It's as if a players contribution is judged by how long they are on the bal.

not for me
McLaughlins been excellent in the league, dropping him now sends a message that performance is not important in keeping your place
we need to start rewarding performance over what is expected to be a starter player

completely agree.

He will be.

Agreed. Gerrard will be keen to reward him for getting his arse into gear. Make it clear that if he turns up for us he can still be our main man... And make it clear to our suitors that he is still a £20m+ player we are happy to keep!

You want him? Let's see the stupid money please.

not for me
McLaughlins been excellent in the league, dropping him now sends a message that performance is not important in keeping your place
we need to start rewarding performance over what is expected to be a starter player
Leaving aside the lack of loyalty to a player who has been injured, who do you see as the better keeper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back