Davies if fit
Yillmaz

Lundstrum
Jack
Lawrence

Tillman
Colak
Kent

I think this mob even though they have had poor results will try the high press against us and will flood the midfield, this will be a tricky game .gio might go back to our tried and tested players tomorrow and leave young tilman and the likes out the starting 11

I think this mob even though they have had poor results will try the high press against us and will flood the midfield, this will be a tricky game .gio might go back to our tried and tested players tomorrow and leave young tilman and the likes out the starting 11
Tillman needs to sharpen up especially on shots at goal , i would play him no danger and alfie if fit

Tough game though I think we will utilise the squad

I’d go

McLaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Davies if fit
Yillmaz

Lundstrum
Jack
Lawrence

Tillman
Colak
Kent
Good team my only concern is playing Kent again so soon after being out
I’d go with that team plus Matondo minus Kent

Tillman needs to sharpen up especially on shots at goal , i would play him no danger and alfie if fit
Cannot understand why so many folks think Alfie is ready to start a game yet.
He’s not managed 30 minutes in recent weeks.
Alfie clearly needs to build up his fitness levels but I’d look to bring him on with 35 minutes to go against Hibs at the very earliest.
His body shape tells us all we need to know about his current fitness levels.
I don’t imagine Gio is overly impressed with his current Mr Blobby look

I don't see Yilmaz starting at easter Road.
Would like to see Arfield starting and either Jack or Kamara.

Morelos also needs game time, don't think he will start though.

Hibs are rank rotten but I have no doubt they’ll redouble their efforts tomorrow. Potential banana skin so pick strongest available and put the game to bed early.

Hibs cup final.

Despite how pish they are they will give absolutely everything just to spoil our season, would be nice to just destroy them like we did in the 3-0 away game a couple of years ago.
Aribo scored? Xmas time? That was a sweet result

Rest Kent. Play through them. No point crossing continuously v this lot.

Yilmaz and Davies should play too if fit.

Cannot understand why so many folks think Alfie is ready to start a game yet.
He’s not managed 30 minutes in recent weeks.
Alfie clearly needs to build up his fitness levels but I’d look to bring him on with 35 minutes to go against Hibs at the very earliest.
His body shape tells us all we need to know about his current fitness levels.
I don’t imagine Gio is overly impressed with his current Mr Blobby look

I think QotS will be when he starts.

His "body shape" will be muscle due to all the gym time he had

Tillman is 20 years old, I'm sure he's fit enough to play 2 games a week. I can't understand people's obsession with leaving arguably our best player at the moment out of a very difficult away game which we need to win. He plays every game for me if he's fit.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Sands Barisic
Lundstram
Arfield Tillman
Lawrence Colak Kent

Colak should play as he’s scoring. Why drop a goal scorer.

They’ll play Boyle right up against our defence and hope to get in behind. They’ll no doubt find an extra level tomorrow and take it to us

Yep, Defoe with an absolute beauty and that big diddy Porteous sent off as well, a pleasant evening.
The only game of ours I have missed in many years due to being absolutely steaming at my office Xmas lunch.

With Celtic as our next away game after this in the league we cannot afford to drop points.

Hibs are rotten, they will raise their game but big deal. Go out and beat them.

Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell are our next 5 away league matches.

Another of those frustrating games against a poor team that for 90 mins will give a league winning performance. I will be happy with a safe 2-0.

I wouldn't change too much for Hibs away. Jack for Davis and Matondo for Kent if he's struggling for fitness.

I don’t see Kent starting. He looks like he’s still injured to me.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Sands Barisic
Jack Lundstram
Wright Lawrence Matondo
Colak

Hibs will play the usual 100% effort and hammer throwing tactics. As. Long as we prepare ourselves properly and commit fully then 3pts will be coming back to Glasgow.

If I was Hibs or any other team I'd be working on set pieces after our showing midweek. A lot of good work by us can be undone by 1 bread and butter ball into the box. Needs sorted.

Hibs cup final.

Despite how pish they are they will give absolutely everything just to spoil our season, would be nice to just destroy them like we did in the 3-0 away game a couple of years ago.
They will be possessed, going in hard, running around. This is the only game you will see effort from their players.

Are we getting a presser today or ?

If so can someone ask what the thoughts behind going zonal marking is and if he thinks it will work long term

cant keep changing the centre backs we need a settled back four if davis plays tomorrow he should play in holland ,if gvb intends playing sands in holland he must play him against hibs ,cant keep changing the centre backs every week in major games

Alfie has looked good in his brief appearances. He needs games and is vital to us being successful this season.

Yilmaz next game to start will be the league cup game IMO.

Kent if fit should play, another one who needs games to up his match sharpness. Wright for me is simply not good enough.

Jack, Arfield and Matondo in for Davis, Tillman and Kent for me.

Hivs away is a game played at a hundred miles an hour and will require some guts, guile and experience. Matondos speed could really hurt them on the counter though.

Back