Hibs tried to sign Robby McCrorie on a permanent deal

Bonnyloyal

Rangers goalkeeper Robby McCrorie is set to go straight into the Livingston side for their home encounter with St Johnstone tonight after the Ibrox club brought an early end to his loan deal with Queen of the South to allow him to make a temporary move to West Lothian.

Hibernian are understood to have sought to acquire the 
Scotland under-21 international, right, on a permanent basis following earlier interest from city rivals Hearts, but Rangers would not entertain any bids for McCrorie, who is expected to be given first pick status during his loan stint with Livingston.

That proved a major attraction for Rangers with the player considered to have the potential to be a future challenger for the Ibrox No 1 role currently occupied by Allan McGregor.

"I wouldn't sell them a virus"- SAF (about R Madrid)
I would not deal with Hibs. Horrible club.
SG it seems has hopes for Robbie.

I think it is very clear now the plans the club have for this lad. Obviously it can change dependant on his development and performances for Livingston. I fully expect him to do as well as Kelly did at Livingston and become our no1 in the future.

Why on earth would we have sold McCrorie? Especially for the almost certain pittance Hibs would be offering

We should never be selling any of our players to that lot. Glad we told them no. Hopefully McCrorie impresses at Livi as I reckon he will be our 2nd choice next season

Back