High-quality video from Helicopter Sunday?

SB·

Does anyone happen to have or know of a source for a higher quality version of the Helicopter Sunday "believe" video? I think it was originally put together by a poster called lex_akimbo.

It's from 2005 so I'm not expecting HD quality but hoping there's something better than the version I can find on YouTube.

Also, the grainy crowd footage from Easter Road of the celebrations as the news of the second goal comes is still utterly magic. I'll never tire of watching that. :D

5Zb0pkc.png

Grind this up and inject it into ma veins

I always thought that when the bears exploded with joy at Motherwell’s second goal, mcleish is thinking that was actually full time at their game.

Undoubtedly 55 will be the sweetest but I can't see how we'll ever top Helicopter Sunday for drama. In any of the highlights, the roar when the two goals go in is just unbelievable.

Also, a wee bump for the thread in case anyone happens to have a higher-quality version of the clip. :D

Undoubtedly 55 will be the sweetest but I can't see how we'll ever top Helicopter Sunday for drama. In any of the highlights, the roar when the two goals go in is just unbelievable.

Also, a wee bump for the thread in case anyone happens to have a higher-quality version of the clip. :D

I was lucky enough to be in our end that day and I never knew there was a second goal until I was walking back to the bus. It was just constant elation all around from the first until full time.

I actually remember stoping and being hit with the fear in case it had been disallowed or if it was a penalty but they missed it.

A day never to be equalled domestically , amazing !! ...this was the day liewell started putting the wheels in motion to start running/ ruining the game in scotland, intimidation, cancelled old firm game, sacking officials who wont toe the party line, complience officers , plus endless bullying hacks etc etc

That third video is pure sex. When Mcdonald scores the 2nd and Barry runs up behind Alex Rae, battle fever stuff.

My wee mate Stu is on it running down the stairs at Easter road looks like he his heading for the toilet pronto:D

I was flying to Majorca, left house around 3 and when my mother dropped me, then wife and wee man off it was 1-nil in both games. Checked in, through security and the wee man (who was 2 then and now a near 16 year old ST holder) went to the soft play at the departure corridor. I assumed it was over and kept my head down. I then noticed some green and grey sitting with a radio and heads in hands, they looked haunted.
I wandered over and asked the score, one each at Fir Park, then bedlam, these clowns thought they had scored and it was Motherwell had got the 2nd. I took my self off to the bog and had a wee moment in cubicle (no I never had gear), pulled myself together and went back to family. Wife knew by then and sent wee man running in to my arms shouting as much as a 2 year old could "Champions" I howled, proper howled.
That wee boy fell out of love with football between 8 and maybe 12, now he plays and as I said has his own ST next to his auld dad, when 55 arrives he will be held tighter than he ever has been and that moment may well be the best we share as a dad and son.
Greeting again.

Does anyone happen to have or know of a source for a higher quality version of the Helicopter Sunday "believe" video? I think it was originally put together by a poster called lex_akimbo.

It's from 2005 so I'm not expecting HD quality but hoping there's something better than the version I can find on YouTube.

Also, the grainy crowd footage from Easter Road of the celebrations as the news of the second goal comes is still utterly magic. I'll never tire of watching that. :D

I have the video of Lex Akimbo, made a DVD with it!

If you want I can upload it to youtube?

is it Mark Hately co commentating on scotsport , the Motherwell Celtic game ? Sure I recognise the voice.

Helicopter Sunday. What a day.

Paid attention to it all until they went 1-0 up and then never really listened to much more and went for lunch with my missus. But did check in on the scores after lunch when back down in my flat in leith.

It was just pre smart phones although some existed I think. So it’s the last time I used teletext properly for a football score. Knew the score was 1-0 in both games and then at pretty much full time in both games my phone starts to ring from someone who wasn’t calling for any reason other than something big in the football - answered it and ran through to the teletext. My mates blabbering and shouting on the other end about “I can’t find the score or a radio but I think they (Motherwell) have scored” (should have added originally he was in ear shot of Easter road). Then two seconds later the teletext page goes that way when there was another goal to update I tell my mate and being a teletext guru like me he knew the score and we are both panicking they have snatched a late winner - screen frefrshes and at the same time my mates now got his screen up and we both see at the same time it’s 2-1 to Motherwell. Cue absolute bedlam on the phone.

Jumped in the car and drove to Easter road we sneaked into the home end to see the celebrations. A few bitter hibs fans still hanging around but mainly undercover bears in the home end pretending to be just standing watching as not sure it was still safe to be openly supporting us with the maniacs of theirs still hanging about.

Last edited:
I was too young to fully appreciate all this.
I have never properly celebrated a league title and hearing this kind of stuff does make you emotional when you contrast the current times of today. If I could do anything, is to show the players this footage and get them to listen to the audio to show them just how much it means to us. I want this kind of stuff again, the temporary joys of beating them this season will be nothing compared to a title.
For any time that we need to bring 55 home it's next season, more than ever.

I always thought that when the bears exploded with joy at Motherwell’s second goal, mcleish is thinking that was actually full time at their game.

I was in The Hibs main stand undercover :eek:

We didn't realise until after Hibs had done their lap of honour that they'd scored again :D

Being up the other end, in complete disbelief and ready to explode, it was the most incredible visual sight too.

Like someone had dipped red, white & blue paintbrushes into water, a swirling mess of delirium.

Absolutely love that video. Had never heard that tune before and will never ever tire of hearing it now.

Minor claim to fame, I even feature in the crowd celebration part in the stand.

What a day.

Another personal side point of the day and something that’s confused me to this day.

On the dvd you see a guy with a baseball cap celebrating with our players at full time on the pitch. He has clearly ran on from the away fans section.

Very same guy played fives in the portobello leagues in Edinburgh and once spat at me and called me a weegie bastard during a game presumably because of my accent and my rangers shorts. The ref sent him off and marched him off the pitch before I had realised he spat on my back. Imagine supporting a football team but slagging people from said place. I have Never been able to square that circle.

I remember watching the last couple of minutes of the bheast game with my old man, on Setanta.

We went crazy after each McDonald goal, an amazing day that i'll remember for the rest of my life.

A special mention for Scott McDonald he'll never be forgotten by Rangers supporters (especially in Melbourne) .
His Granda was a good Rangers man and a member of our club and he'll be remembered even more so by ra Shellic Supporters everywhere.:)) Thanks Scott.;)

A special mention for Scott McDonald he'll never be forgotten by Rangers supporters (especially in Melbourne) .
His Granda was a good Rangers man and a member of our club and he'll be remembered even more so by ra Shellic Supporters everywhere.:)) Thanks Scott.;)

Was his Granda about on Helicopter Sunday? Can’t imagine anyone would have felt better than him.

Back