7. Manchester United
Average spent per player: £6.12m

8. Liverpool
Average spent per player: £5.51m

9. Atletico Madrid
Average spent per player: £5.37m

10. Arsenal
Average spent per player: £4.78m

Surprised seeing Juve has third highest.

https://www.givemesport.com/1591188...hich-team-has-the-highest-wage-bill-in-europe

Juve’s wage bill has increased dramatically over the past 2-3 years. From the sounds of things, their transfer strategy under Pirlo is going to be totally different i.e. targeting the top young Italian talent rather than superstars.

Aaron Ramsey is on over £250k a week at Juve according to Talksport yesterday as they were mentioning that Pirlo doesn’t fancy him.

Depressingly puts our immeadiate ambitions in context. We need the champions league money to even start attracting & affording reserve players from some of those clubs.

Everyone goes on about Juve being smart in the transfer market with their picking up of free agents like Ramsey/Rabiot/Khedira but the flip side is that they have to pay through the nose on wages for those players.

Dare say having Ronaldo on their books inflates the figure significantly also.

Messi being on 1m a week isn't outrageous at all tbh. Not for what Barca get back in lieu of shirts merch etc. Not to mention on field achievements. Question is what do Barca make off him.

Footballers always in this country are target of obscene money shouts. In line with a top level boxer..basketball American footballer etc it's not THAT obscene

It’s quite simply disgusting.

To put it into context, 45k season ticket at circa £600 a go is £27m.

That pays for THREE Barcelona players.

If it’s true that Messi earns £1m per week, that’s 85,000 season tickets.

I know that ST cash is only a fraction of the income nowadays for the big leagues, but these earnings make me sick.

It’s quite simply disgusting.

To put it into context, 45k season ticket at circa £600 a go is £27m.

That pays for THREE Barcelona players.

If it’s true that Messi earns £1m per week, that’s 85,000 season tickets.

I know that ST cash is only a fraction of the income nowadays for the big leagues, but these earnings make me sick.
Yes, totally crazy.

It would be interesting to know what sort of money Messi generates for Barcelona in terms of commercial revenue?

Back