Highlights on RTV.

I couldn’t see the highlights in RTV when I got up this morning so watched the whole game there. The quality was really bad.

Have just played the highlights clip on an iPhone using the RTV app. When I click on the ’cogs’ button, the listed available resolutions are 1080, 720, 360 and auto.

Playing the full match, the available resolutions are 360 and auto.

So really bad/blocky picture quality for the full match, but fine for the highlights.

Livvie full match has 1080 available. No idea why the the Dundee game can’t be 1080 as well.

Was at a family function during the day so watched the full game late last night and quality was atrocious for the whole of the game. Was it better watching it live?

There’s been a few games this season where the initial upload of the match has been a low resolution version. Usually ‘sorts itself’ next day.

Just had a look now and the highlights and 90 in 90 are available in 1080p. The full match replay, however, is still only available on Auto and is poor quality. If it’s like previous that will change in due course. No idea why, or what the logic is behind it.

Watched the whole game around 8pm last night. The quality was shite...no buffering or anything like that, just blurred. I was watching on laptop and had my glasses on and off thinking at first it was my eyes, but it was just just shite . Poor stuff.

Picture quality is beyond dreadful here.

Is it just mine or is everyone the same?
Same mate. Watched the full game back last night. 100mb broadband, unable to change the picture quality from the rtv player.. absolutely awful, genuinely like watching a recording of scotsport from 30years ago.... Not worth the 60quid a year.

Having watched it yesterday, I’m afraid to say, I wouldn’t want to put myself through that torture again, a game to be forgotten.
I managed the ‘highlights’, which are top notch in terms of picture quality, but there’s no way I’d want to subject myself to the full match again. Even if it was 1080p, as it will be later today I expect.

Three points in the bag in a poor performance. Still top of the League. Move on. Next…

Game was taken from Dunde tv so blame them. Will be good to see the Away Days video.
The game was provided by the SPFL outside broadcast partner - same as every other game in the League, including our own games at Ibrox. RTV have a couple of their own cameras and some GoPros that provide the different angles on the Inside Ibrox and Away Days footage but they aren’t used for the live coverage.

The picture quality was absolutely fine during the live stream but, not for the first time, RangersTV have decided to upload a low resolution version in the immediate aftermath of the game. It will ‘upgrade’ to 1080p later. No idea why they do it, maybe it saves some bandwidth costs, but it’s very poor.

The game was provided by the SPFL outside broadcast partner - same as every other game in the League, including our own games at Ibrox. RTV have a couple of their own cameras and some GoPros that provide the different angles on the Inside Ibrox and Away Days footage but they aren’t used for the live coverage.

The picture quality was absolutely fine during the live stream but, not for the first time, RangersTV have decided to upload a low resolution version in the immediate aftermath of the game. It will ‘upgrade’ to 1080p later. No idea why they do it, maybe it saves some bandwidth costs, but it’s very poor.
The highlights i just watched on RTV was the exact same as i watched yesterday.

The highlights i just watched on RTV was the exact same as i watched yesterday.
Yeah, as I posted earlier in the thread, the highlights are in 1080p. The full match replay, at least this morning, was still only at Auto and was very poor low res crap. It will upgrade to 1080p in due course today at some point but, as at 1220hrs, its still shit.

Live footage, and the subsequent highlights packages, are provided by the SPFL partner. RangersTV, however, 'own' the additional footage for the Inside Ibrox and Away Days. Basically that's two cameras - one at low level at Ibrox on the Govan Stand side of the area Rangers are attacking at the 18 yard line and the other at low level behind and to the left of the goal Rangers are attacking at roughly where the 6 yard line meets the goal line.

Last edited:
Back