History of the Compliance officers

SFraser3

Quite well known that Clare Whyte worked with Harper MacLeod who have extremely close links with separate entity FC and is a supporter of them but does anyone else know the connection Tony McGlennan had before being employed through Nolan Partners outwith being a supporter? Vincent Lunny was a known Motherwell fan from a Celtic supporting family, any other links through work before he was employed? I’m sure I have seen a few tweets or blog articles saying every officer so far has had links with them before being employed but then nothing in writing to back it up?

Last edited:
Quite well known that Claire Whyte worked with Harper MacLeod who have extremely close links with separate entity FC and is a supporter of them but does anyone else know the connection Tony McGlennan had before being employed through Nolan Partners outwith being a supporter? Vincent Lunny was a known Motherwell fan from a Celtic supporting family, any other links through work before he was employed? I’m sure I have seen a few tweets or blog articles saying every officer so far has had links with them before being employed but then nothing in writing to back it up?

Lunny was a PF. I don’t know any more about his professional background than that.

He was a Motherwell fan who nonetheless decided to go to Seville to see Porto v Penn State.

Last edited:
We know she supports Celtic but where is the evidence she worked for Harper Macleod?

Another woman (Claire Martin) was confused with her and threads about this were locked last summer because of the amount of misinformation floating about.

My mate knows Vincent Lunny. He is a fair weather Motherwell fan who has more interest in cycling than football

The Compliance Officer role or personality really isn’t the problem.

By whom, or by what method, are matters brought to their attention for processing?

Vincent Lunny and Clare Whyte were Fiscal Deputes for at least a decade before becoming the CO. Well respected and impartial prosecutors. Tony McGlennan was a successful Defence Solicitor and although I am not a fan of his abrasive style he also was brutally honest in all matters legal.

The system of reporting should be open and clear.

Why not a statement, when someone is or is not cited saying:-

“...footballer X has been cited / not cited after initial investigation for violent conduct after a report from Y”

Even our manager doesn’t know who is reporting these things!

Remember too that the scum put in crucial line that the outgoing CO had to approve the appointment of the new CO
UNBELIEVABLE

My mate knows Vincent Lunny. He is a fair weather Motherwell fan who has more interest in cycling than football
I can verify that. I was at uni with him in his year. Was never even close to being a Celtic fan. A decent guy actually.

We know she supports Celtic but where is the evidence she worked for Harper Macleod?

Another woman (Claire Martin) was confused with her and threads about this were locked last summer because of the amount of misinformation floating about.

I have just had a genuinely surreal moment on follow follow. I used to go out with this Claire Martin and categorically she had no. Interest in football.. I remember her dad was a Bear. I had no idea she was now a procurator fiscal

Why is it a female with no football experiance and not an ex ref

It all changed when Lennon was at Torbett Towers and NoShame FC started turning up for Disciplinary Hearings with a solicitor to challenge any charges.

The SFA were getting torn to pieces and decided that they needed a lawyer, rather than a football person to present cases.

Unfortunately, around the same time, we got punted down the leagues and Lieswell took over control of Scottish football, so used the new C.O. role, like everything else, to the advantage of one club.

By whom, or by what method, are matters brought to their attention for processing?

Vincent Lunny and Clare Whyte were Fiscal Deputes for at least a decade before becoming the CO. Well respected and impartial prosecutors. Tony McGlennan was a successful Defence Solicitor and although I am not a fan of his abrasive style he also was brutally honest in all matters legal.

“...footballer X has been cited / not cited after initial investigation for violent conduct after a report from Y”

the legal system in this country is a disaster area so god knows where you get this opinion from

Why is anyone surprised? Lawwell runs Scottish football and the Scottish football media - until his grip is removed it wull be eat, sleep, be a bigot, repeat
That's what we need to target is his removal from the SFA along with Doncaster who he has in his pocket. Until that happens nothing will change. It's crazy that those two haven't been hounded out,far too much of a conflict of interests in one sense and Doncaster's letter to Lawwell over title stripping and apologizing to him,he should've went after that.

A very helpful post, rare in a thread full of moon-howling.

We know 2/3 CO's were Tims and Whyte's predecessor is a Well fan who went to Seville to see Mourinho's magnificent victory against O'Neill's serial cheats.

The odds against that happening from any random selection of Scottish society are high, but let's focus on the real problem, which is that the CO has no public accountability, doesn't explain or have to explain her decisions and the process by which she decides on likely cases, and which she ignores, is completely opaque.

I'm sure we're not the only ones wondering how any objective person could look at Brown's two footed scissors tackle, Simunovic's deliberate elbow and Burke's Tom Daley impression and deem all of them acceptable and not one worthy of sanction.

We need transparency and honesty. Right now we have neither.

If he/she explained the rationale and process for decision-making then we could agree or disagree.

Instead, we have trial by Sportscene, BT and Sky where she appears to be worked from the back by arbitrary and subjective editorial decisions, made too often by Rangers-haters.

He hates protestants and his family are rhabid. But your mate might not see it. They have 2 faces.

714_BE078-_AAA3-421_F-_B00_E-_D51_CD6624011.png

And Motherwell you say? They are everywhere my fellow Bear. I smell shite - from your friend -is he trustworthy? I doubt it because....

6_D4_A3776_AC94_4932_BE58_5_EEB8_D1_AB238.png

So someone with little interest in football apparently was considered to be ideally qualified for this post :eek:

Sadly 90% of mhankies fall in to this category mate. Only about 10% .... being generous.... don't live there lives around hating Rangers. :)

A very helpful post, rare in a thread full of moon-howling.

We know 2/3 CO's were Tims and Whyte's predecessor is a Well fan who went to Seville to see Mourinho's magnificent victory against O'Neill's serial cheats.

The odds against that happening from any random selection of Scottish society are high, but let's focus on the real problem, which is that the CO has no public accountability, doesn't explain or have to explain her decisions and the process by which she decides on likely cases, and which she ignores, is completely opaque.

I'm sure we're not the only ones wondering how any objective person could look at Brown's two footed scissors tackle, Simunovic's deliberate elbow and Burke's Tom Daley impression and deem all of them acceptable and not one worthy of sanction.

We need transparency and honesty. Right now we have neither.

If he/she explained the rationale and process for decision-making then we could agree or disagree.

Instead, we have trial by Sportscene, BT and Sky where she appears to be worked from the back by arbitrary and subjective editorial decisions, made too often by Rangers-haters.
Spot on.

It would be good if we had a list of the COs and their links to Celtic or Celtic-minded people with a few sources per person.

It'll be even worse when VAR comes to Scotland.

How exactly?

Right now referees can get away with all sorts because the system in place allows it.

If we have VAR, there's no way they can watch a replay of certain situations and come to the same decisions because if they do, it's blatant cheating. Right now they can just say they didn't see it properly.

I’m more concerned about the identity of the 3 supposedly ex-referees who have the final say. If Khenny Clark is one of them, it’s no surprise at some of their decisions.

Back