Hodgson gets the job.

Bigeye

Roy Hodgson believes he has returned home after sealing his return to football management with Crystal Palace.

The 70-year-old will take his first training session at the club’s Beckenham HQ on Wednesday after signing a two-year contract worth £2.5million a year.

Hodgson will also net a bonus of at least £1m if he manages to keep Palace in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4877476/Crystal-Palace-appoint-Roy-Hodgson-manager.html#ixzz4sVekIHlY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mental that they're relying on a 70 year old to get them out of shite, he has experience no doubt but he should be enjoying retirement, he certainly doesn't need the money, FDB should have been given the chance, i think he would have done well at Palace despite a terrible start.

Roy Hodgson believes he has returned home after sealing his return to football management with Crystal Palace.

The 70-year-old will take his first training session at the club’s Beckenham HQ on Wednesday after signing a two-year contract worth £2.5million a year.

Hodgson will also net a bonus of at least £1m if he manages to keep Palace in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4877476/Crystal-Palace-appoint-Roy-Hodgson-manager.html#ixzz4sVekIHlY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Only a matter of time.

just a couple of questions:

1. why the fook would they want him
and
2. why the fook would a minted 70yo want the hassle.

Why is it that young qualified managers cant get these gigs? Returning to a guy that is 70 is complete desperation.

I like Hodgson but that is a bit of a f*ck up of a club he's been given to manage. He'll no doubt be back at home with his feet up before long with them.

He doesn't look great in the photo's. Palace better hope for a mild winter or they could be on the look out for another new manager.

Hardly an inspired appointment. Would be very underwhelmed by his appointment if I was a palace fan, what has he done in club football for the last 10 years to suggest he would do any better than fdb

Surely has to be better options out there??

FDB deserved more time. Palace were very unlucky against Burnley.

Panic measures by Palace owner IMO

Wishing no harm on Palace but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Hodgson loses his first four games. And badly.

It was crazy to sack Frank after just 4 games.

Appointing the 70-year-old Hodgson might not be crazy but it's highly dubious. We'll see how it goes.

Not a manager who would be inspiring optimism for me. Too negative and by sacking De Boer and appointing him, Palace have just downsized their ambitions. Palace to spend the season boring their fans to death now with the dullest defensive football imaginable.

Million pound bonus for keeping them up!

FFS its only 4 games into season, its not like theres only 6 games to go and they are 6 points adrift!

Palace fan I know told me he was the first choice in the summer.

An absolutely bonkers choice at 70 years old.

And to think some fans on here want Smith back after every defeat

I thought his attitude stank with England in Brazil. He seemed genuinely annoyed that he was expected to turn up at a press conference and explain England's dismal performance.

I thought his attitude stank with England in Brazil. He seemed genuinely annoyed that he was expected to turn up at a press conference and explain England's dismal performance.
Was just going to say the same - flounced off like an old woman rather than confront the absolute clusterf88k he had presided over.

I'll bet he doesn't see the end of the season there.

Looking at their fixtures, I'm not sure where points are coming from in the next four games. I have no I'll feeling towards Hodson, but Palace go through managers for fun and it's a shambles.

I thought fair play to palace for giving FdB the job and trying something different from the shite football they endured under Pardew and Fat Sam, albeit it got results.

Now, hell mend them giving Woy the gig. What a boring, revert to type appointment this is.

Why do managers down south constantly get rewarded after repeated failure?

Listening to him on Sky, his ego made him take it, The Sky reporter said to him "Roy you will not want to be remembered for the disappointment of the Euros with England". Roy replies not at all I was very successful as England manager only 7 defeat in blah blah games and I only lost in a knockout game at the Euros, (Roy Iceland). He believes hes the man.

Mental that they're relying on a 70 year old to get them out of shite, he has experience no doubt but he should be enjoying retirement, he certainly doesn't need the money, FDB should have been given the chance, i think he would have done well at Palace despite a terrible start.
Most of his success (with the exception of Fulham) has been overseas.

He seems like a reasonable guy and can obviously manage but it just adds to the managerial merry go round in England where you have a pool of experienced guys waiting in the wings on every opportunity.

Back