Home kit available from 24th of June

I agree. I’m up from down south and made a point of going to the store. No way will I ever order anything online again as it’s complete shambles.
Passing that ticket office is another embarrassment. You wouldn’t mind so much if they were efficient but that’s for another thread.
[/QUOTE

I’ve ordered once online but wouldn’t do it again, if I’m ever needing anything then I’ll get it in store. The supply of strips and merchandise has been poor for years. Hopefully when this new shop opens it has a complete overhaul with supply of strips and merchandise.

Just back from the shop. The kit launch is a mess.

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.
Hardly any of the new training gear in stock.

Place is a midden, boxes, coat hangers and rubbish all over the place. 1 person on the till for a queue of about 10 customers. Apart from home and third kits, all they’ve got is some reduced club ties, bucket hats (which weren’t available when we needed them for the EL final) and some random hand wash which isn’t rangers branded.

It’s quite embarrassing really. I always try and talk rangers up as a big club to friends and colleagues down south, tell them they should get along to games etc but if they saw the nick of our retail they’d think it was a joke.

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.

Place is a midden, boxes, coat hangers and rubbish all over the place. 1 person on the till for a queue of about 10 customers. Apart from home and third kits, all they’ve got is some reduced club ties, bucket hats (which weren’t available when we needed them for the EL final) and some random hand wash which isn’t rangers branded.

It’s quite embarrassing really. I always try and talk rangers up as a big club to friends and colleagues down south, tell them they should get along to games etc but if they saw the nick of our retail they’d think it was a joke.
I agree with the training gear i went in yesterday hoping they had training gear for adults no it was just for kids

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.

There is no excuse for that.

Absolute amateur hour.

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.

That’s just unacceptable.

Totally unprofessional and not a good look at all. We can moan about kits etc but to have a club shop run in such a shambolic way is simply not good enough. I feel sorry for the one person having to work there and to explain to punters they lack of kit and boxes strewn all over the shop

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.

This is sadly true. There was also a family of Americans in looking to buy shit loads of stuff but couldn't take home full kits for family friends as we simply didn't stock it.

Question, is there actual shops as garbage as our club shop?

Went to the shop about 8.45am this morning.

I have never had a complaint with Castore but they had no adult small - asked the boy who said there is a "problem" with the size small tops and they got less than 10 delivered for the launch. How can it just be a problem with one size?

Bought a medium as felt it was still OK.

Was also trying to get navy shorts for orange kit, the ones I ordered on release day were too small but have never been in stock to swap and I wanted the white shorts for home top but had neither.

Staff member I spoke to said the launches have been a riot. Said they only got about 10 pairs of navy shorts on release day and none since, have no white shorts at all for home top (I bought blue) and have no socks for any age.

How can you not get the launch of your home kit right?
I went in at 4pm and there was plenty of adult small. My boy is in between child and men sizes.
He wanted the full kit obviously but all they had was 1 pair of black shorts in the whole shop.
When we walked in it was like walking into a market stall. Coat hangers on the floor and different sizes all mixed together. The only socks that were there were last seasons.
I personally didn’t want to go near the shop after the nightmare of living down south and receiving shite quality online. Try telling that to a 12 year old though that wants everything Rangers.
I hate Castore with a passion and would personally like to see the back of them.

I went in at 4pm and there was plenty of adult small. My boy is in between child and men sizes.
He wanted the full kit obviously but all they had was 1 pair of black shorts in the whole shop.
When we walked in it was like walking into a market stall. Coat hangers on the floor and different sizes all mixed together. The only socks that were there were last seasons.
I personally didn’t want to go near the shop after the nightmare of living down south and receiving shite quality online. Try telling that to a 12 year old though that wants everything Rangers.
I hate Castore with a passion and would personally like to see the back of them.
There was a very early tipping point for me when they insulted our entire support by advising we didn't wash the tops right. Decade after decade of tops but only when they came on board and their quality gear fell apart did it turn out we hadn't been doing the laundry right.

I've got a 26 year old top in better nick than my sons 6 month old one.

There was a very early tipping point for me when they insulted our entire support by advising we didn't wash the tops right. Decade after decade of tops but only when they came on board and their quality gear fell apart did it turn out we hadn't been doing the laundry right.

I've got a 26 year old top in better nick than my sons 6 month old one.
I agree mate. I’ve got an Umbro top from years ago that’s still in excellent condition. The truth is we were far too big for them from the start. They’re more suited to the diddy clubs with small fan bases down south.
I said to my boy today before we went in that if the Castore or Rangers crest isn’t stitched then I’m sorry wee man we’re not buying it. We shouldn’t have to worry about shit like that.

Must have just come in today then. Boy told me he had no idea when the small would be in.

Noticed last seasons socks, it is a disgrace kids can't even get the full kit day after launch.

Last edited:
Must have just come in today then. Boy told me he had no idea when the snall would be in.

Noticed last seasons socks, it is a disgrace kids can't even get the full kit day after launch.
I said earlier in the thread that I think we were lucky mate. When we arrived there was a Castore van parked outside.

I have plenty of Castore stuff and it's all in great condition. I genuinely love their stuff.
I think there was a lot of problems at the start and that’s when I bought a lot for my son. It was devastating watching him in tears with one of the tops I bought him.
I could post the picture mate but I think there’s another thread somewhere where I posted it. And I can’t be arsed with being accused of Castore bashing on this thread.

I have plenty of Castore stuff and it's all in great condition. I genuinely love their stuff.
I am the same. I have a lot of their golf clothing and think the quality is fantastic.

I am just disappointed with the launch of this kit, it just seems amateurish to have no long-sleeve available in store, no adult small in store, no white shorts at all and no socks at all.

Hardly a shock/groundbreaking but there are people in relevant departments at the club who know how negatively the BOXT logo has been viewed.

Wish I could say I had any confidence in them rectifying it.
How could they rectify it? They’ve already made and sold thousands of shirts with it on them.

That’s the deal you do when you sell shirt space, it’s giving the power to the company paying for it. We’ll have zero say in the logo they choose.

Hardly a shock/groundbreaking but there are people in relevant departments at the club who know how negatively the BOXT logo has been viewed.

Wish I could say I had any confidence in them rectifying it.

I really don’t have an issue with it.

It is a bazillion times better than ‘tomket tyres’ in a naff font.

Pains me to say it but just by walking by that lots shop in Clydebank shopping centre you can see the difference in how the retail is run, the shop itself is small but it is well stocked in strips, training gear and other gift items its night and day.

Pains me to say it but just by walking by that lots shop in Clydebank shopping centre you can see the difference in how the retail is run, the shop itself is small but it is well stocked in strips, training gear and other gift items its night and day.
Similar story when you compare recruitment departments

Nike and Adidas would use the same templates they use for the majority of clubs they supply kits for and people would still find something to moan about.
I don’t agree. If we had Nike or adidas our club shop wouldn’t be the total shambles it was in yesterday. Template or not it would be far superior an operation.

Are we ever going to see a good choice of polo shirts and t-shirts? We must be losing a fortune, it can't cost much to source good quality t-shirts and put a nice rangers design on them and sell them for £35.

How could they rectify it? They’ve already made and sold thousands of shirts with it on them.

That’s the deal you do when you sell shirt space, it’s giving the power to the company paying for it. We’ll have zero say in the logo they choose.
Leeds managed it.

No pro tops.
No shorts.
No socks.

What’s the point in launching a kit if they don’t have the supplies. It’s Rangers ffs not some wee diddy club selling a couple of hundred jerseys. As a kid everytime we brought out a new kit I always got it on the first day. Can’t ever remember their being a problem with no socks or shorts. I’m annoyed the wee Tim along the road from us in running about in his full Celtic away kit and I can only get my boy the top. I hope we don’t renew our contract with Castore, they are out of their depth with us.

Yes smaller made. Need to go a size up.

Also the infant kit 7-8 is bigger than the first junior kit size which is meant for 8-9. Work that out.
The infant kit sizing was the same with last seasons kits as well, Last seasons the badges are embroidered though and this season they've took the cheap option and printed them on instead

Are we ever going to see a good choice of polo shirts and t-shirts? We must be losing a fortune, it can't cost much to source good quality t-shirts and put a nice rangers design on them and sell them for £35.
There’s loads in the Ibrox shop to the left . That range came out ages ago

Can anyone who got the pro top say if it’s more slim fitting this year? Not really rocking the body for a close fitting top anymore

What’s the point in launching a kit if they don’t have the supplies. It’s Rangers ffs not some wee diddy club selling a couple of hundred jerseys. As a kid everytime we brought out a new kit I always got it on the first day. Can’t ever remember their being a problem with no socks or shorts. I’m annoyed the wee Tim along the road from us in running about in his full Celtic away kit and I can only get my boy the top. I hope we don’t renew our contract with Castore, they are out of their depth with us.
I can’t remember a season in recent memory where a kit launch wasn’t plagued with either supply or quality issues.

Under SD there were factors that understandably affected it (boycotts and also the fact it was Mike Ashley’s tat shop running things), then we had the issues with Hummel after the whole JD Sports fiasco and jumping suppliers back and forth during legal battles.

We’ve now had Castore for a few seasons and we’re flip-flopping between having to have the SportemonGo logo because “the kits have been ready for months” and a lack of supply of sizes, shorts and socks.

There’s always a number of folk determined to defend anything and everything Rangers/Castore, but there’s no realism in denying it’s a very poor show and they simply don’t appear to have what it takes to fulfil a big club kit launch effectively.

Can anyone who got the pro top say if it’s more slim fitting this year? Not really rocking the body for a close fitting top anymore
I bought a pro and it felt tighter on than last years that I bought in may. Put last years on and it is probably similar in size, still pretty tight fitting but the bigger 32 red font makes it looks more stretched. If you want relaxed, size up

I don’t agree. If we had Nike or adidas our club shop wouldn’t be the total shambles it was in yesterday. Template or not it would be far superior an operation.
Nike or Adidas would not run the club Shop though mate. They'd provide the kit and that's it. If we switch we would need to take the Shops back under Rangers control, pay the staff, pay pension contributions, lease/rent costs, energy costs and negotiate with third parties to provide the non-kit stuff etc etc. Its an expensive operation. We'd also need some sort of distribution setup. I think the Dhims run their own shops then have a tie-in with JD Sports - we'd need something similar. Not impossible but its a big cost and not as simple as many on here think. Nike/Adidas are kit producers, they are not retail partners in the sense that we have had for a while now.

We'd certainly not have kit shortages, that's for sure.

Nike or Adidas would not run the club Shop though mate. They'd provide the kit and that's it. If we switch we would need to take the Shops back under Rangers control, pay the staff, pay pension contributions, lease/rent costs, energy costs and negotiate with third parties to provide the non-kit stuff etc etc. Its an expensive operation. We'd also need some sort of distribution setup. I think the Dhims run their own shops then have a tie-in with JD Sports - we'd need something similar. Not impossible but its a big cost and not as simple as many on here think. Nike/Adidas are kit producers, they are not retail partners in the sense that we have had for a while now.

We'd certainly not have kit shortages, that's for sure.
The JD Sports deal that was scuppered by the SD legal battle would’ve likely been the ideal scenario and given us a proper retail operation.

I bought a pro and it felt tighter on than last years that I bought in may. Put last years on and it is probably similar in size, still pretty tight fitting but the bigger 32 red font makes it looks more stretched. If you want relaxed, size up
I went a size up last season as I like a relaxed feel so hopefully it’ll be okay with the same size this year, finding one at the moment might be trickier though

I went a size up last season as I like a relaxed feel so hopefully it’ll be okay with the same size this year, finding one at the moment might be trickier though
When I was in the shop Friday they weren’t marked as pro on the signage. I asked for a pro and was told by staff on the floor they didn’t have any. Picked up what I thought was a normal XL and then at the counter they said this is a pro shirt is that ok. I was fine as was what I wanted, but the organisation is poor

Guessing there’s still no way of getting names on the back of kids kits online like most other clubs do?

Back