Home kit available from 24th of June

Thing is with Rangers fans, they will buy a whole range of branded stuff if available.

Issue is there isn't much apart from the odd mug or glass etc and the rest is Castore stuff.

It should be wall to wall products such as but not restricted to golf balls, ducks, decanters, jewellery and watches, bedding, curtains, rugs, signed memorabilia, decent quality footballs, a range of books, vodka,gin and whisky (some available elsewhere from the club), badges, flags, a range of scarves and hats, rucksacks, pens, note books, pencil cases etc for the kids ,basically any reasonable quality item that can be branded and sold for a profit making the club some income and a catalogue with all items listed where some bulkier items like beer fridges etc can be ordered from.

I don't understand why there is not a huge range unless castore are more interested in flogging their strips and clothing sort of stuff.
My guess is as none of that stuff is actually produced by Castore it would mean going out and finding a supplier, negotiating a deal etc etc. The likes of the Fat C*nt's empire are used to doing that sort of thing for the tat they sell in their shops but it will be alien to Castore.

I'm not suggesting the cannot do it if the will is there, simply offering a suggestion as to why it seems a struggle for them. The stuff would certainly sell, though for some of the obscure stuff maybe not in the numbers required to merit it. We should definitely have a wider range of non-kit stuff on offer though.

My guess is as none of that stuff is actually produced by Castore it would mean going out and finding a supplier, negotiating a deal etc etc. The likes of the Fat C*nt's empire are used to doing that sort of thing for the tat they sell in their shops but it will be alien to Castore.

I'm not suggesting the cannot do it if the will is there, simply offering a suggestion as to why it seems a struggle for them. The stuff would certainly sell, though for some of the obscure stuff maybe not in the numbers required to merit it. We should definitely have a wider range of non-kit stuff on offer though.
Not sure they actually make the shirts etc either unless the Chinese factories are exclusively theirs.

No matter, if it is solely down to Castore they could easily outsource and have any amount of products produced. Maybe the club should insist on it or perhaps the club have agreed to the small range that currently exists.

Either way, revenue is being missed re lack of products in my view.

Not sure they actually make the shirts etc either unless the Chinese factories are exclusively theirs.

No matter, if it is solely down to Castore they could easily outsource and have any amount of products produced. Maybe the club should insist on it or perhaps the club have agreed to the small range that currently exists.

They made a big thing of highlighting that the t-shirts for Sevilla were not Castore products. I wonder if Castore got them in from the third-party supplier - or if the Club did?

Correct. Or at least they aren't prioritising Rangers stuff.

They're here to build their brand and therefore will put their customers first.

More margin in their gear as well.
This is definitely the case in my opinion. It's almost like two separate departments, one for the football side and one for the day to day Castore side.

Trademark for Rangers related Tat only ran out in May as MASH held the ownership of that. It takes time to get products like that that made, and at the moment months to ship from the Far East to get them in store. If they are doing that stuff, expect it nearer Christmas.

Thing is with Rangers fans, they will buy a whole range of branded stuff if available.

Issue is there isn't much apart from the odd mug or glass etc and the rest is Castore stuff.

It should be wall to wall products such as but not restricted to golf balls, ducks, decanters, jewellery and watches, bedding, curtains, rugs, signed memorabilia, decent quality footballs, a range of books, vodka,gin and whisky (some available elsewhere from the club), badges, flags, a range of scarves and hats, rucksacks, pens, note books, pencil cases etc for the kids ,basically any reasonable quality item that can be branded and sold for a profit making the club some income and a catalogue with all items listed where some bulkier items like beer fridges etc can be ordered from.

I don't understand why there is not a huge range unless castore are more interested in flogging their strips and clothing sort of stuff.

Would it be down to castor to produce the other type of merchandise apart form clothing or would it be another external company that could supply all the other merchandise stuff? I would like to know the reason why we don’t offer anything anymore.

I came across one of the old catalogs a while ago in a box of old rangers stuff in the house and it had everything you could think of in it. I’ll have a look for it again. When I was a kid my bedroom was covered in rangers stuff, I had just about everything I think. It’s poor we offer nothing now.

Used to love going into JJB sports years ago. I’m sure most of them used to have its own Rangers section which sold a whole range of different products & were better stocked than the main shop is now

I remember the stuff in jjb had a section of rangers stuff but that was after I think Murray done the deal with them, I think thats when the rangers shops closed and all the stuff was sold in jjb shops, then they eventually closed down and I don’t know what happens after that but it’s been poor ever since the actually rangers shops closed.

I don't imagine Nike or Adidas ever made our branded mugs / pens / bed sheets in the past so not sure why Castore would.

Easy to have another go at then though...

I don't imagine Nike or Adidas ever made our branded mugs / pens / bed sheets in the past so not sure why Castore would.

Easy to have another go at then though...
I'm stating a fact that the shop doesn't have a great selection of products.

Whether that is down to Rangers, Castore or legacy issues with the fat spiv remains to be seen.

Someone made them. The club shop sold them and money was made.

I'm stating a fact that the shop doesn't have a great selection of products.

Whether that is down to Rangers, Castore or legacy issues with the fat spiv remains to be seen.

Someone made them. The club shop sold them and money was made.

No one is disagreeing about the merchandise.

Clearly the rights of licensing is in at least, still, part down to the Ashley stuff.

It's got nothing to do with Castore though for sure.

Anyone know what the sizing is like for the new training top? Blue one

Waa planning on taking kids into shop tomorrow, anyone have any idea what stock levels were like for kids kits?

I usually kill some time in the Ibrox store before home matches and the non Castore souvenir stuff never seems to be popular but that also might be due to the fact that there is a fairly limited amount and the stuff is not great. If they don’t get the range right and it doesn’t sell then they will be less inclined to invest in more stock they might struggle to sell. Common sense is you get the range right and the sales will follow.

I was in a shop in Leipzig before our game just having a browse and they had souvenirs for Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, and Dortmund and the selection was light years away from what we have at the moment.

Very refreshing to see the players training gear plastered in Unibet but the fan purchase ones are not this season.

Fans don't need smart training gear spoiled with unnecessary sponsor logos.

Positive move, for a change.

I usually kill some time in the Ibrox store before home matches and the non Castore souvenir stuff never seems to be popular but that also might be due to the fact that there is a fairly limited amount and the stuff is not great. If they don’t get the range right and it doesn’t sell then they will be less inclined to invest in more stock they might struggle to sell. Common sense is you get the range right and the sales will follow.

I was in a shop in Leipzig before our game just having a browse and they had souvenirs for Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, and Dortmund and the selection was light years away from what we have at the moment.
Our retail, merch and distribution offering and set up is generally very poor.

Ordered it Friday, dispatched Saturday, arrived Monday.

That's like amazon prime for castore :eek:
Your avater pic delivered it eh

Incredibile for Castore - I ordered for the kids Friday morning and already worried won’t arrive on time for our summer holiday on the 11th July.

Waa planning on taking kids into shop tomorrow, anyone have any idea what stock levels were like for kids kits?
What size?
Both stores only had 5/6 year sizes for the kids kit yesterday, that's all they recieved.
They had plenty of the junior sizes though (shirt only)
Maybe they got a fresh delivery yesterday or this morning.

Noticed Castore have a Klarna option. Great if money is tight but you want the kit now and pay it off interest free with 3 monthly payments of £22.

Screenshot-20220628-095003-Facebook.jpg

Against my better judgement, I ordered it on Friday for the wee man’s birthday this coming Saturday. Not looking promising!

To be fair my last three Castore orders have either been delayed or cancelled because of lack of stock, so my expectations were pretty low.

Edit: just went on the website and see the banner now says 7-10 working days delivery due to high demand.

What size?
Both stores only had 5/6 year sizes for the kids kit yesterday, that's all they recieved.
They had plenty of the junior sizes though (shirt only)
Maybe they got a fresh delivery yesterday or this morning.
Needing a 7-8 and a JL

Anyone know if they have adult small home tops in stock now at the Ibrox store, need to swap sizes as the medium is too big for my son.

Still waiting to hear my order has been despatched,usually only takes a couple of days.
On a more posiitive note Castore got their £141 this morning.

Anyone still waiting for stuff to be delivered, that they ordered before the kit was released? Order last Saturday, nothing from them, chased them up yesterday and got a tracking number. Number hasn't been updated since 19th June and all that says is that Evri are waiting for the parcel details.

Back