Home Strip

Late October/early November, is the last I remember hearing about it.

Happy to be corrected, though!

This whole situation is a farce, well done to King and the board getting the deal sorted of course, but why is it taking so long to get them back in stock? (I am not blaming the board here before anyone starts).

I'm sure the RO said 'prior to Christmas' – which sounds more like late November early December

Got the home for 20 sheets back in June when announcement was made.

Roll on the release of the away....even though it is a Puma training top

Sometime in October mate for home and away and I think the third kit is a little bit longer..

This whole situation is a farce, well done to King and the board getting the deal sorted of course, but why is it taking so long to get them back in stock? (I am not blaming the board here before anyone starts).
Probably something to do with the oaf with the Puma rights.

It's taking long as they've had to produce them from scratch essentially, and yes we know it's generic templates they've used but still.

Probably something to do with the oaf with the Puma rights.
That guys a dick. You would have thought it would have benefitted him to get these out asap. He would have made more money with this deal in the last few months than he has made with his shite deal over the last few years.

It's not a farce at all. I work in consumer goods.

The support weren't buying the tops. They were sitting on shelves gathering dust.

Therefore you don't make any more. Not only do you not make any more, you don't buy in any more material. Not only do you not buy in any more matieral, but you probably cut your losses on the raw materials you do have by utilising it for other products you make, or selling it off in bulk to other customers.

There's a supply chain of multiple companies, probably across multiple countries, that all have lead times before strips can be supplied again. 3 - 4 months is not at all uncommon and indeed is actually quicker than normal in consumer goods.

That guys a dick. You would have thought it would have benefitted him to get these out asap. He would have made more money with this deal in the last few months than he has made with his shite deal over the last few years.
Sadly I fear he is involved in a war of attrition with us and he's the only one who can lose. Time and time again we've proven we won't be beaten.

There was a thread on this yesterday and based on the feedback there yesterday and the message sent from the Rangers Observer last week, the only commitment is before Christmas.

The support weren't buying the tops. They were sitting on shelves gathering dust.

Therefore you don't make any more. Not only do you not make any more, you don't buy in any more material. Not only do you not buy in any more matieral, but you probably cut your losses on the raw materials you do have by utilising it for other products you make, or selling it off in bulk to other customers.

There's a supply chain of multiple companies, probably across multiple countries, that all have lead times before strips can be supplied again. 3 - 4 months is not at all uncommon and indeed is actually quicker than normal in consumer goods.
About time someone spoke sense on this. But hey let's not let logic get in the way of moaning.

There was a press release last week I'm sure saying "before Christmas". That to me says we won't see anything until early November.

Aye but they can create a whole new away top and start producing that and schedule that in before a home top that has been out for more than a year?

I assume the whole model of making a top like you explained before would need to be followed for the away top and more so with the design etc.

But surely it's the same raw materials that they already use for millions of other strips? And why did they say 6 to 8 weeks back in June?

Aye but they can create a whole new away top and start producing that and schedule that in before a home top that has been out for more than a year?

I assume the whole model of making a top like you explained before would need to be followed for the away top and more so with the design etc.
The away top is a generic template - it wouldn't surprise me at all if they've taken an allocation (for example) of the Chelsea training top and reworked it to get an away top out asap.

The home top will require to be made from scratch.

Interesting to hear from someone in the business. I appreciate that they may not have been stocking Kits because we weren't buying them, but I was surprised it takes 3-4 months to run the production. I didn't really think of the raw material side of things.

Interesting to hear from someone in the business. I appreciate that they may not have been stocking Kits because we weren't buying them, but I was surprised it takes 3-4 months to run the production. I didn't really think of the raw material side of things.
The production side will be next to nothing mate.

I won't go into the industry I'm in but we can be 6 months waiting for materials - and that's if they're air freighted to us (which is costly).

A lot of people also don't realise that due to cost, most things are generally still sent by boat. So that 10 hour flight people take to America becomes 3 weeks across the ocean.

The strips will come when they come. But if you're Puma and know you have an active market ready to splash the cash, you're going as fast as you can.

The away top is a generic template - it wouldn't surprise me at all if they've taken an allocation (for example) of the Chelsea training top and reworked it to get an away top out asap.

The home top will require to be made from scratch.
Fair enough mate. Good insight into that side of things. I suppose ignorancevis shown by many, including myself, with these type of things.

They usually start preparing the new strips in December to be ready from a summer release. No surprise to me to see it starting in June and ending closer to December.

Im guessing simply due to manufacturing lead times, they will have had no previous plans for anything until the day the deal was done

What other 'millions of strips' are in the same blue as ours with the same background pattern?
I said the same raw materials mate. And again why were we told 6 to 8 weeks?

One things for sure we were certainly successful with our boycott, Newcastle fans should take note...

I said the same raw materials mate. And again why were we told 6 to 8 weeks?
I know you did. One of the raw materials that Puma will buy in from a supplier - probably in China - will be royal blue fabric with a check pattern in the background.

If you can show me another club that uses it then I'd be amazed - so it needs to be ordered in from a supplier.

Hence the away top on sale first. They're simply taking an existing template and putting the badge and sponsor on.

As for the 6 to 8 weeks changing - shit happens and deadlines move. I had a product launch in Canada last week that was meant to launch last YEAR. Suppliers fell through causing a delay and our back up supplier had an order for someone else they had to fulfil first.

Good post

Good response. I was away when the strips were being sold so will be purchasing when they are available again.

Situation regarding the strips is a complete farce, and no sign of any training wear.

Back