Home top £15.99 on kit bag

Fair play mate I bought mine from the club too, as did most people on here. I do know a few guys that were going to buy it and then decided not to due to the cost. I totally appreciate we are trying to maximise profit, but they should have been a bit more sensible. People on here questioning loyalty? I think the club could maybe reward that loyalty now and again. 55 quid is a lot of money to families, and if they can’t afford it, I’d much rather we had more of our shirts on display than not at all.
That a pretty sensible post for you mate, great points and well put, did your Mrs write it for you ?:D

Our club is not in a position for other companies to leech off of us. We are trying to get back on our feet.

I get what you are saying, I can’t afford the top right now, but I will save up and buy it when I can.
It works both ways though mate.
Not everybody can justify 55 quid on a top that wasn't available for 4 months of the season.
The club have utterly ripped the piss with the pricing and I don't blame anyone who picks up a bargain.

Not everybody can justify 55 quid on a top that wasn't available for 4 months of the season.
The club have utterly ripped the piss with the pricing and I don't blame anyone who picks up a bargain.

I got mine the day the deal was sorted for £20. I got lucky.

I really don’t get the cluv’s Justification for the £55. If it’s because they cost the same to produce as they ever did... how come they cost £20 in the summer?

How come another retailer is selling them for?£16?

Folk would rather buy from the club direct, but that is a gargantuan price difference. If another vendor can do that price, especially after the whole lack of availability, so they’re not saying they have a shitload of extra stick kicking about in their warehouses, then why are the club pricing so many fans out of the kit?

Even selling the tops in the club shop for £30 would be more palatable, but a £40 price difference?

If there’s a simple explanation, fine, but this is another thing that just reflects badly and makes the club look disingenuous.

A family of 4 kids will have been able to get virtually 4 for the price of 1 , on the plus side it’s 4 more Rangers tops to be seen out on the streets a sight that’s been missing for nearly a decade. I hope many mums and dads were able to get their kids kitted out tonight, in the big schemes of the club it won’t make a single bit of difference as there weren’t even hundreds of them by the looks of it.

if the club charged those prices and marketed them properly they'd sell millions. Surely that's better than selling hundreds (or even thousands) at 55 quid a pop?

okay maybe "millions" is an exaggeration but I for one cannot justify 55 quid for a top I'll wear around the house on a weekend. If it was 15 quid then I could potentially justify that price to chuck a few quid into the bank for Rangers. Almost 100% many others will also be in that position.

Am I missing something really obvious?

FWIW I won't be buying from kitbag either because i can't justify the £15 if the money isn't going directly to Rangers.

Well it isn't half a change in attitude.

From "I can't wait to buy the top and make the club some money"

To "I can't wait to buy the top and make the club some money unless some other mob sells it much cheaper".

I've bought the top. I bought the £20 version and then proceeded to bend over and buy the £55 version

Feel the club or puma took the piss with it though.
£55 when the same shirt was £20 minus the utilita what was it? £5 a letter or something.

People need to look after their own interests. If someone wants a deal on the shirt when the club prices them out of it then who are you or anyone else to criticise them?
It's a tough time for a lot of people and a £30 saving is a big deal to some.

if the club charged those prices and marketed them properly they'd sell millions. Surely that's better than selling hundreds (or even thousands) at 55 quid a pop?

okay maybe "millions" is an exaggeration but I for one cannot justify 55 quid for a top I'll wear around the house on a weekend. If it was 15 quid then I could potentially justify that price to chuck a few quid into the bank for Rangers. Almost 100% many others will also be in that position.

Am I missing something really obvious?

FWIW I won't be buying from kitbag either because i can't justify the £15 if the money isn't going directly to Rangers.
It doesn't even have to be that price.
As someone posted above, 30quid for a top coming out almost halfway through the season is maybe a fair price.
55 is an absolute pisstake.
After all the fans have done and been through, that is a slap in the face.

Fair play mate I bought mine from the club too, as did most people on here. I do know a few guys that were going to buy it and then decided not to due to the cost. I totally appreciate we are trying to maximise profit, but they should have been a bit more sensible. People on here questioning loyalty? I think the club could maybe reward that loyalty now and again. 55 quid is a lot of money to families, and if they can’t afford it, I’d much rather we had more of our shirts on display than not at all.

I agree the club need to do more for us, I think the current board are trying hard, but lack experience in how to run a club properly.

After this season we aren’t hamstrung at all by SD. It’s a unique situation we’re which hopefully won’t happen again going forward.

And it’s a year and a half old.

Aye! Rangers will be thrilled at you pointing this out.
At this time of year, that's another £40 on presents for the kids. Good Christmas memories stay with them all of their days, so the better their christmas is , the better their childhood memories are.

I agree the club need to do more for us, I think the current board are trying hard, but lack experience in how to run a club properly.

After this season we aren’t hamstrung at all by SD. It’s a unique situation we’re which hopefully won’t happen again going forward.

Completely agree. I wasn’t having a go at the board, but there is room for improvement. Tbh this is the sort of thing I’d expect the SLO to be all over.

Club missed a trick.
A full price shirt for half a season?
It should have been the £20 it was when the kit deal ending was announced.
They would have sold loads.
Took advantage of the fact nobody could buy a strip for years and try to rip the arse out of it!
No way is a family getting kitted out at full price only to have to do it again in 6 months.
Sheer stupidity.

At this time of year, that's another £40 on presents for the kids. Good Christmas memories stay with them all of their days, so the better their christmas is , the better their childhood memories are.
I think they only had a handful of fat bastard tops, which are now gone.

Let's be honest the kit will be reduced in price after Xmas as that normally happens.

The strip is a ridiculous price considering the price at the start of the season. For the difference in price I can understand why people would buy from this retailer. It's expensive enough at Xmas.

And it’s a year and a half old.
I don't mind it being an extra year old.
The all strips are new every season phenomenon only came along in the Nike years.
I wouldn't have had a problem with full price at the start of the season.
It was 20 quid then though, so to have them unavailable for four months then ask 55 quid, is just not on.

A wee suggestion for anyone pulling bears up for buying a discounted shirt, spend a tenner on food each game. Let's see how long your superior loyalty stretches then....

Going by the amount of home tops in the megastore at the weekend I dont think many are buying them at £55 and rightly so. Its a season and a half old and was on sale for £20 a few months ago when thankfully I got one! Should be getting flogged at around £30 in my opinion.

I don't mind it being an extra year old.
The all strips are new every season phenomenon only came along in the Nike years.
I wouldn't have had a problem with full price at the start of the season.
It was 20 quid then though, so to have them unavailable for four months then ask 55 quid, is just not on.

A wee suggestion for anyone pulling bears up for buying a discounted shirt, spend a tenner on food each game. Let's see how long your superior loyalty stretches then....
£10 worth of Ibrox food would kill them! lol

It's an Ashley company is it not, wait until Christmas and get it in the mega store for the same price.

It costs between £10- £12 per jersey to manufacture. Adidas is a wee bit more. Clearly the club need to justify the price.

People making excuses left and right of not giving the club money after crying that they couldn't spend money on shirts because the boycott. Just comes across as an easy get out when you had no real intention of spending money in the first place. If it was 100+ extra i'd get it but if you can't muster up an extra 39 pound it's comes across as having more problems than simply worrying about the price of a kit.

People making excuses left and right of not giving the club money after crying that they couldn't spend money on shirts because the boycott. Just comes across as an easy get out when you had no real intention of spending money in the first place. If it was 100+ extra i'd get it but if you can't muster up an extra 39 pound it's comes across as having more problems than simply worrying about the price of a kit.

This is not the point mate. It's actively avoiding the actual point.

I bought the kit at £20 for myself. Since the new stock came in, I have spent a further £80 on two kids kits for the weans.

I have no issue with putting money into the club and as long as I can afford to, I will continue to do so.

The point remains that the club will lose out if other retailers are selling the kit at not just a bit of a discount (which is not unusual in itself) but where the club is charging more than three times the price of another retailer for a kit and saying that they have to charge £55 because of the cost of making the strips.

Some folk simply can't afford to buy kits at £55, especially if they have a few kids to buy for. It's a big ask of people. It's not that they don't want to buy it. However, if they can get the exact same kit for £16 elsewhere, then they can and will.

The club has two main issues here as far as I'm concerned. One is that by failing to offer a sensibly competitive price for the kit, they will drive down sales as folk shop elsewhere. Two is that the message they have put out to justify the cost seems to be blown apart by the fact that it is on sale elsewhere so cheap. That raises questions about whether the club is being honest in the first place at a time when the support is growing ever frustrated and asking questions of the board. It's a drip-drip effect.

As I said earlier in the thread, there may actually be a simple answer as to the whys, but the reality is that people will buy the cheaper option if the price difference is as big as that.

I feel the same, I contacted the SLO about it but he said the cost to make the shirt is the same as the start of the season hence the price. Still wouldn't buy it off another retailer. I might just wait till next season to get a top.
It would be helpful if gave the cost price of the shirt.

An extra 39 quid X family members.

An extra 39 quid X family members.

We boycotted for ages because Rangers received a paltry amount for each kit sold.
It could have been bought for £20 but still the bears stood defiant.

Now you can get it for £4 cheaper whereby Rangers get not one penny.
All principles have flown out the window as far as I can see.

We boycotted for ages because Rangers received a paltry amount for each kit sold.
It could have been bought for £20 but still the bears stood defiant.

Now you can get it for £4 cheaper whereby Rangers get not one penny.
All principles have flown out the window as far as I can see.
Rangers are selling the tops for £19.99 are they?

Rangers are selling the tops for £19.99 are they?
That's not the point I made.
The same folk who've bought the £16 top and given Rangers nothing could have bought it for £20(Rangers only getting buttons)through Ashley but didn't do so on a point of principle.

Now they're buying it £4 cheaper and giving Rangers the square route of hee haw.

That's not the point I made.
The same folk who've bought the £16 top and given Rangers nothing could have bought it for £20(Rangers only getting buttons)through Ashley but didn't do so on a point of principle.

Now they're buying it and giving Rangers the square route of hee haw.
You are talking rubbish mate. Did you miss all the threads with people pissed off that the kit had sold out when it was £20 and nobody could buy it for months?

Everyone who could bought the top when it was £20. The club made an arse of it by 1) not having enough stock, 2) taking an age to get more in, 3) pricing it ridiculously high (almost £40 more than this offer) when they did get stock.

Did you also miss the loads of fans desperate to buy the top for their kids etc but maintaining a boycott until the club would give them the go ahead to buy things again. Fans were arranging fucking supporters buses to the store the day after the boycott was lifted. Posters giving the support a hard time for not supporting the club really make me laugh.

What if you have 2 kids and you couldn't afford tops direct from the club but could cover the price from this website?

This time of year especially is difficult for families so folk will go for the cheaper option, every time.

With the greatest respect in the world to our club, I was READY to buy this existing top for £20 then pay full price for next seasons, but I'm not paying the full whack for a top with half a season left.

Saying that I ain't paying for kit bags £15 odd price either.

What I'll do is if the current top is available in our superstore at a proper £20 price in the closed season....I'll buy it along with the new top.

Bought my grandson a West Ham top for his Christmas last year £60 getting him a N.I. one this year £60 so it seems to be the going rate for tops,Very expensive for an item that is basically a glorified T shirt.

You are talking rubbish mate. Did you miss all the threads with people pissed off that the kit had sold out when it was £20 and nobody could buy it for months?

Everyone who could bought the top when it was £20. The club made an arse of it by 1) not having enough stock, 2) taking an age to get more in, 3) pricing it ridiculously high (almost £40 more than this offer) when they did get stock.

Did you also miss the loads of fans desperate to buy the top for their kids etc but maintaining a boycott until the club would give them the go ahead to buy things again. Fans were arranging fucking supporters buses to the store the day after the boycott was lifted. Posters giving the support a hard time for not supporting the club really make me laugh.

Talking rubbish?
Did you actually read my post, you know the bit where it was £20 under "ASHLEY", the bears stayed defiant on a point of principle.

All I'm saying is for the sake of 4 quid, principles have flown out the window.

Talking rubbish?
Did you actually read my post, you know the bit where it was £20 under "ASHLEY", the bears stayed defiant on a point of principle.

All I'm saying is for the sake of 4 quid, principles have flown out the window.
You're a crank, its not over £4 but you knew that already.

You're a crank, its not over £4 but you knew that already.
As far as I can make out here, it's okay to buy a £16 top and give Rangers nothing.
The same people could have bought them for £20 under Ashley.

So give kitbag £16 and Rangers nil.
Give Ashley £19 and Rangers £1.
So, yes it is about £4 to me.
Two cheeks of the same arse as far as I'm concerned.

You're cheating on a loved one.

Back