Honesly heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrathbungoLoyal

Just absolutely gutting. That today was one of the lowest points for me in the last eight years and that is saying something. It was fecking there for us and we blew it big time. All the headlines will now all be about them and their goalkeeper putting up the shutters but they didn't beat us today, we beat ourselves.

It's so, so heartbreaking to realise that this team just doesn't have what it takes to win when it really matters.

You'll all need to take it and support the team.

I remember Us struggling in the 80s. As hard as it is, what you going to do ? Follow yer local Juniors ? Shopping with the wife ? Online gaming ?

Eat it and support Rangers. It's who we are, it's what we are...Follow Follow !

Just absolutely gutting. That today was one of the lowest points for me in the last eight years and that is saying something. It was fecking there for us and we blew it big time. All the headlines will now all be about them and their goalkeeper putting up the shutters but they didn't beat us today, we beat ourselves.

It's so, so heartbreaking to realise that this team just doesn't have what it takes to win when it really matters.
Came on to post similar. Crushed.

No. Getting beaten 4-0 was a much lower point. Being the better team and losing out to an offside goal hurts, but it isn't as bad a reflection on this team. I'm fcking gutted but I'd rather play well and miss out than get hammered.
This is worse for me.

We are able to compete with them and today they were hopeless, we dominated them yet miss chance, after chance, after chance and lose to an offside goal. We will never get a better chance to end our trophy drought than that today.

Now we have to listen to those smug rhats celebrating yet another trophy win but this time it's a trophy that we have fecking gifted them.

10 page tabloid pull-outs tomorrow on Forster, comparisons with Gordon Banks, etc. We just shat it in front of goal today.

I knew we'd get beat and I turned it off as soon as those c8nts scored.
I give up.
I used to enjoy watching the football but not any more. Until we win the league I am not interested and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me, I'm done with it. Bye!

Absolutely gutted.

Starting to understand how the tims felt during our 9 in a row when they'd dominate these games only for Goram to play a blinder while we'd hit them with the sucker punch to the guts.

Very bad day but we move on.

Not heartbroken, just scunnered.

We effectively chucked it after missing a penalty and them going down to 10 men. We should have maintained our tempo and ran their 10 men ragged .... I bet they can hardly believe the easy ride they got in the final 20 mimutes.

It’s a game of football mate.

the club is making sure and steady progress.
Exactly. If the ball was a few cm left or right a few times we would have won comfortably but got zero luck.

The performance today was good and shows how far we have come.

Me too. Watched the game on RTV in Florida and still trying to understand how we lost when we were streets ahead of that rancid mob. And knowing that they scored a goal which should have been disallowed for offside makes me feel even worse. We need to get behind the team, they and the management will be heartbroken just like us. With our support, they can go on to achieve success.

No. Getting beaten 4-0 was a much lower point. Being the better team and losing out to an offside goal hurts, but it isn't as bad a reflection on this team. I'm fcking gutted but I'd rather play well and miss out than get hammered.

I would rather have got pumped 4-0 today

Having watched many games of football over the last 30 years, that match is without doubt the one where the word “spawn” could be most precisely used.

The filth were beasted; outplayed, in every department, from start to finish - and the only time the fuckers broke thru (prior to our all-out attack phase) was clearly offside and shouldn’t have stood.

Greegsy was a mere spectator

You take them the only way you can; with a wry grin and an acknowledgement that, sometimes, staggering randomly shit occurs and the cosmic dice roll double 6 for paedo-harbouring scumbags. It’s why Gary Glitter got away with it for 20-odd years and Jimmy Saville was buried a Knight of the Realm ;)

That league is 100% there to be won. And we are better than this mob.

You'll all need to take it and support the team.

I remember Us struggling in the 80s. As hard as it is, what you going to do ? Follow yer local Juniors ? Shopping with the wife ? Online gaming ?

Eat it and support Rangers. It's who we are, it's what we are...Follow Follow !
We will all just need to take it and continue to support them but even in the dark days of the early eighties we still managed to win a trophy or two. I can’t see us winning anything anytime soon.

I hope the players can now take that disappointment and turn it in to winning the league. That would be the best response!

Unlucky today, we go again!!!

WATP

This in spades.

Win #55 and watch them implode.

"But, but, but we won the League Cup...!"

No one'll give a shit.

We played better than I was expecting, if we had put even one chance away in the first half we would have went on to win that.

I'm just numb. I'm not angry or upset just becoming the norm v them
That was how I felt coming out of the game. Not even surprised, I thought at half time that we were going to end up regretting missed chances.
This team just doesn't seem to be able to get that bit of drive to get us over the line on the big occasion. Just getting to the stage where I'm expecting to be let down now.

We will all just need to take it and continue to support them but even in the dark days of the early eighties we still managed to win a trophy or two. I can’t see us winning anything anytime soon.

You make out like we got put out in the last 16 by Arbroath.

We've just lost a final 1-0 due to an offside goal in a game where their goalkeeper was man of the match.

We're not a million miles away from a trophy.

They can gloat all they want, but they don't get that we would rather be us than them every day of the week. No trophies or records will change what they are, and that is terrorist sympathising, paedophile harbouring scum.

I'm gutted, but felt a hell of a lot worse after the Hibs cup final and the hammerings we've taken when we haven't laid a finger on them.
We do need to come away from their midden with something at the end of the month though.

FFS it's a sore one, but we utterly dominated them, their goal shouldn't have stood & their keeper played an absolute blinder.

Stick your big boy pants on & use it as motivation for next time. I hope to f*ck that is what Gerrard is saying to the players....they shouldn't be feeling sorry for themselves & neither should we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back