Honest Opinions how do think the Group will pan out?

Europe is a strange one for me. Qualification would be great and I always want us to win when we play but nothing can get in the way of us winning trophies this season. So qualifying would be nice but not at the price of re-gaining a trophy.

Won't qualify. Missed a massive opportunity last night. We'll need to beat Feyenoord at the Kuip or something like that. That's if we're still in it at that stage.

We'll finish third.

I'm thinking win both remaining home games qualify via a better head to head than someone

Thoughts?
IMO the group is a diversion we’re in and will earn about the same cash as last year,still want to do well, but not raging about last nights freak loss, go on and hammer the accies I’ll be content

Draw at home v porto, 2 away defeats then another draw at Ibrox v the swiss (although we should really pump them as they are awful).

Cloggers to win their next 3 and qualify before facing porto in a shoot out for top spot / meaningless game as Porto will be on 10 points by then also.

3rd for us.

Young boys finish last

Hearts saying
Porto away- loss
Porto home- win
Fyernoord away- draw
Young boys home - win

10 points - qualify

Heads saying
Porto away- loss
Porto home- draw
Feyenoord away- loss
Young boys home - win

7 points- out

6 points for me.

Can't see us taking anything from Porto over there, nor at home to them, unless they play some kids/resevers. Same for Feyenoord, think the atmosphere over there will get to us and we'll beat Young Boys at home possibly.

Yesterday was the ideal game to solidify our qualification. You'd only be looking at 1 more win and you'd probably be through.

I think it's more than there for the taking, as I don't think anyone will run away with it and we are more likely to get decent results against the perceived harder teams going on historical experience.

That said, there's also historical experience that suggests we'll probably make a rip-roaring James Hunt of it too...

I don’t think we will qualify. Too slack at the back, not clinical enough up front. Third maybe.

Think we are looking at 5 - 6 points now. Can't see us winning away at Porto or Feyenoord. If we can win our home games we are obviously in with a shout but I'm not confident.

In Europe, we don't do Groundhog Days, we do Groundhog fc_uk ups, and last night's two step was as spectacular as any in recent memory.

So for me, it's going to be the same old scene.

If however, we can get over that shambles from last night and instead come through qualifying, then maybe the footballing Gods are giving us the semblance of a smile.

Said at the start we would get 7 & after last night I stand by that. But I doubt it will be enough for qualification. I’d be shocked if Feyenood and Porto don’t take 6 points from YB.

Porto and Feyenoord will win the double headers against us and young boys which pretty much sees them through.

Only hope is we can draw v Porto or draw 2 draw v Feyenoord tht would maybe have a us a slight chance.

If someone offered me right now last game of the group beat young boys to go through I would bite there hand off for it

You need to win games in the groups to qualify, draws are no use, that’s why I think we continued to go for it last night.
If any of the others draw it will help.

Many strangely seem to think beating Porto is a foregone conclusion.

Many strangely seem to think Porto will wipe the floor with Us and are World Beaters too.

Are they fck.

They are NOWHERE near the team We faced when McLeish was in charge.

Some amount of Panty Wetting on here re them.

Many strangely seem to think Porto will wipe the floor with Us and are World Beaters too.

Are they fck.

They are NOWHERE near the team We faced when McLeish was in charge.

Some amount of Panty Wetting on here re them.

The same Porto who've made the knockout stages of the Champions League the last 2 seasons?

Kindly stick that wank phrase up your arse.

I think we're still just a wee bit short of the quality needed to get out of the group, too many lapses at the back and too wasteful in front of goal at the big moments. We'll put up good solid performances but those things will hinder us getting the results we need.

Want to be wrong, but I can't see this side picking up anything in Porto or Rotterdam.

Last night was the best chance of away points and we f.ucked it.

Point in Porto..from what I've seen nothing to fear.
3 points at home Porto.
Feyenoord away could be a defeat but hopefully a point.
3 points against YB.
Qualify in 2nd to Feyrnoord.

We will regret that late goal last night when it means we finish 3rd rather than 2nd I fear.

Can't see us getting anything in Porto.

Really need to win two remaining home games which won't be easy.

Need other fixtures to go our way, group is wide open though

No idea.

Everyone has played twice and is level on points, yet had it not been for that injury time error we would have been top of the group.

I think it'll be tight, but we have every reason to be confident of progressing - there are no obvious stand out teams in the group from what I've seen.

I see us taking another 4 points.
A win at home against young boys (we know they are gash from last night) and a point from either Porto at home or feyenoord away.
7 points total and turfed out.

Hope I'm wrong though, but happy we made it to the groups and I'm 100% more focused on the league.

We will regret that late goal last night when it means we finish 3rd rather than 2nd I fear.

Can't see us getting anything in Porto.

Need other fixtures to go our way, group is wide open though

In the last twenty seven years it has proved to be impossible.

We really do need to smash the shackles and non achievements of the past to smithereens to have any chance of qualifying.

I think it's up in the air,we competed well with Young Boys and Feynoord.Time will tell against Porto.At EUFA level i don't think any team will give us a going over.For me disappointing as last night was I believe we are still well in it.

We will finish third. Which, if I'm honest, is what I expected on the day the group was drawn. Last night hasn't changed that though, result aside, it was a decent away performance at this level. You wouldn't think so given the hysteria it has generated though.

2 home draws and 2 away defeats.

Maybe we turn YB at home into a win.

5 points, possibly 7.

We are up against better quality than last year.

Back