Honest Opinions how do think the Group will pan out?

We'll probably end up with five points. A win over Young Boys at home, and a draw in the home tie with Porto. If we cant take anything from Young Boys in Bern, I cant see us taking anything in Rotterdam or Oporto.

Feyenoord will be YBB in both legs, and Porto will do the same, therefore Porto & Feyenoord will qualify.

I think your spot on with your points total for us.

To be fair when the group got drawn it was clear how difficult it was, a real step up from last seasons group. 2 wins and a draw from it isn’t horrendous.

My opinion has not changed since the draw.
It is a hard group and any of the four could qualify.
We need to be at the top of our game 100% of the time in every game.

There is always a moment when you realise you have just thrown away a winning chance in a match, a chance to get to the next round of a cup competition, a league title, a group qualification chance or whatever.

For me, that moment came in the 94th minute last night.

I think we will struggle to qualify now , we had 4 points at this stage last season and never made it , last night will come back to haunt us IMO

4th

Tactical naivety and defenders prone to making terrible mistakes in big games will cost us. Thursday was only a surprise in that people were surprised. None of the culprits on or off the pitch seem to be learning.

Beat Young boys and Porto at home. Draw the 2 away and qualify Young’s boys game was an individual mistake can see the team being happy about that so will come
Back fighting

Gerrard has our players right up for the European games, and when we play at Ibrox we are seem right up for it, so 6 points at home is very possible, and we are very capable of taking points away from home as-well.
It’s a tight group, and I think it’ll come down to being in our own hands to qualify come match day 6, against YB at Ibrox, which I would have accepted when the draw against StJoesphs was made back in June.

I reckon we won’t qualify. Our objective this season is to win the league and a couple less games in Europe might not be a bad thing.

Can see us drawing at home to Porto and losing away. We could sneak a point in Feyenoord, but then we will likely go into the last game level on 5 points with Young Boys and Feyenoord and Porto already through on 8 each.

We need Young Boys to win another home game, or we need to beat Feyenoord/take 4 from Porto.
If you've got us sneaking a point in Feyenoord making it 5 points and Feyenoord are are through on 8, we've got 5 with YB to play at home where a win makes 8 how the Fu©k do Feyenoord go through against us when we've beat them on head to head?

I think we will finish third and it will be Thursday nights result that fucked it for us, usual story of close but not quite.

Losing on Thursday and Feyenoord winning was the worst case scenario for us and of course it happened.

I think we will finish third and it will be Thursday nights result that fucked it for us, usual story of close but not quite.

Losing on Thursday and Feyenoord winning was the worst case scenario for us and of course it happened.
Or, Porto not winning and 2 places potential being up for grabs might be better than Us, YB and Fey all fighting for 2nd?

1 point against Porto.
1 more point against Feyenoord
3 points against YB.

don’t know if that will get us through.

Glorious failure just like last season, we get ourselves in a great position and throw it away.
Same. Some elaborate set up for last game which doesn't quite come off. Thursday was easiest away game, let's not pretend otherwise.

1 point against Porto.
1 more point against Feyenoord
3 points against YB.

don’t know if that will get us through.
After unexpectedly getting knocked outta the champ league, I don’t think Porto will view this competition as, as important at the rest of us.
We looked great in the first half against Feyenoord and Feyenoord beat Porto. I know it doesn’t work like that, but who knows.

If you've got us sneaking a point in Feyenoord making it 5 points and Feyenoord are are through on 8, we've got 5 with YB to play at home where a win makes 8 how the Fu©k do Feyenoord go through against us when we've beat them on head to head?

Because they’ll just play out a draw.

I think it will go right down to the last game again this year. I dont get too bothered over the Europa League results and not fussed if we go through or not.

Not read any of ths other comments. However that's us out imo. Our head to head will scupper us against feyenoord and we wont beat porto enough to swing a better head to head against porto. I think we will end up with 6 points in the group. I hope I'm wrong though and we manage to surprise myself and I expect others.

We may well beat YB at Ibrox but I just don’t see us getting anything from the rest of the games.Maybe a point from Porto at Ibrox at a push.

That plastic pitch is a leveler and Porto and Feyonoord will have difficult games there .
After watching the Swiss very confident of beating them at Ibrox , We must beat Porto at home and in my view a point in Holland or Portugal could see us going through in a very tight group . The head to head home and away aggregate against the dutch or Porto might well see us through .
But as I said we must win our home games which we defo can

Currently ours is the most even group of all points wise. I can't see this changing too much over Match days 3, 4 & 5.
The teams will all take points of each other. I see it going to the last, Match day 6 and the home teams will qualify with wins that is us and Porto.

Surprised to see he negativity here. I thought we were far better than Feyenoord and feel we can beat/draw with them away.
I watched the Porto game on reply Thursday and was not impressed at all. We beat them at Ibrox, as well as YB and we are through.

We need to be careful with the head to heads - if we at least draw in Rotterdam then we beat Feyenoord in the head to head which might be how we end up qualifying. We might be better playing defensively in Rotterdam than going for broke for a win because we could easily lose that by a couple.

I'm thinking win both remaining home games qualify via a better head to head than someone

Thoughts?

I'm inclined to agree.

We should have beaten Bern but so be it, we will however likely win at home (imo) and then get a win against Porto either away or at home (they're very average these days).

We have the quality to qualify and with the sublime Morelos we have real potency, however, we lack maturity, intellect, nous and street-wiseness.

The continual self-inflicted wounds are exasperating, getting beaten by a better team is one thing, losing through (continual) stupidity, arrogance and naivety is infuriating.

The lack of game management in the injury was simply staggering: players should have been fully briefed that a draw away from home is a great result, once into the last 5 mins (so min 85) that match should have been killed, fake injuries, substitutions, f.ucking around in the corner especially from set pieces, etc etc.

At 1-1 there was more to be lost than gained, as stated, a draw would have been fantastic.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Porto,Feyenoord,away,zero,
YBs 3
Porto 1, although a performance like Feyenoord at home could get us 3

We have good players, there are some of our players who are very good players, but very few of our players have actually won things; which is a highly unusual thing for a Rangers team. In my opinion, at crucial times, I think this had made us poor front runners at times; we've had a couple of chances to perhaps win the league in recent sessons, and we had a real chance to get very much ahead in this group, and could have got through the one last season. I think if we win the League Cup we may get through the group, because that would perhaps give this squad the self belief to go that bit further.

We should win both our home games so that would put us in with a decent shout if qualifying. Would not be surprised if we lost both remaining away ties though.

I think YB are the worst team in group and will finish bottom.
It's going to be real tight after that and I think we will just miss out.

Honestly I think it will come down to the last game as these things normally do for us.

Then it’s in the lap of the gods but I have a good feeling we will qualify out it.

I'm thinking win both remaining home games qualify via a better head to head than someone

Thoughts?

Before a ball was kicked I thought Porto and Young Boys would qualify. This was mainly down to them having just missed out on CL qualification.

After matchday one I thought it was between them two and us.

After matchday two I don't have a clue to be honest.

I'd say we now have as much chance as any of them as qualifying.

The two games against Porto will be crucial, we need to take a minimum of 3 points from them, if we do then we should go through. If we don't I think we are out.

We will definitely beat Young Boys at Ibrox. They weren't impressive at all. A win v Porto at Ibrox would be huge, and it is achievable, and if we can grab anything from the away games then I think we'll get through. I can't quite get my head around the reaction to Thursday night. It will be very difficult to progress but it's not impossible.

I laid when the groups were drawn that somebody would qualify with quite low points. Possibly 8 points taking 2nd place.

For that I was assuming Porto would win the group comfortably and the other 3 teams would take points from each other.

If we lose both away games like folk suggest, then there is a very decent chance that all teams end up on 9 points, which would be remarkable.

I think we will get through on 8 or 9 points in 2nd place, potentially on a head to head v feyenoord.

We will definitely beat Young Boys at Ibrox. They weren't impressive at all. A win v Porto at Ibrox would be huge, and it is achievable, and if we can grab anything from the away games then I think we'll get through. I can't quite get my head around the reaction to Thursday night. It will be very difficult to progress but it's not impossible.

Its mainly the manner of defeat, especially since YBs were pretty poor on the night.

However the "we are Rangers" brigade don't do perspective.

We were also being told not to underestimate Young Boys, 20 points, great side yadda yadda yadda, and now a loss to them is the end of the world? Feyenoord of course were shite once we beat them but now they're in the driving seat? It's almost like people are just revelling in the negativity.

Back