Honest Opinions how do think the Group will pan out?

We’ll get at least one win from the next two, and if we go out with 10 points then what the %^*& are you meant to do.

Have to be thinking let’s win the group now.

Winning in Rotterdam is very possible given we can play with a freedom over there after tonight’s win.

After both results tonight and how we are set up to play away from home plus the amount of pressure now on Feyenoord, I'll say it now. We'll win in Rotterdam.

We'll get at least 11 points I'd say.

Difficult to call the Feyenoord game, but if we take even one point we are in a great position. I think we'll win the home game against YB. Feyenoord and Porto can only get a maximum of ten points. I fancy Porto to beat YB even though they are the away side. It's a must win if they want to have any chance of qualifying, plus they'll be looking to restore some pride. And remember, the last match for Porto in the group is Feyenoord. We have a very good chance of qualifying now.

I think we're still just a wee bit short of the quality needed to get out of the group, too many lapses at the back and too wasteful in front of goal at the big moments. We'll put up good solid performances but those things will hinder us getting the results we need.

State of this prick :))

I think I posted that after Young Boys away. It could still turn out that way but the 2 Porto games have given me huge confidence that it won't.

I actually think we'll win both our remaining games now and top the group.

Still think Feyenoord away will be far tougher than the Ibrox game was. Fancy us to beat YB at Ibrox.

Will be interesting to see if Advocaat manages to get them in good shape for our visit, but honestly, I think we can only fck this up now. There's no team in this group we have any reason to fear. We've gone toe-to-toe with them all and, bar a couple of absolute cock-ups, we've looked every bit capable of taking points from every match.

I reckon it will come down to the last game, but we should have enough to beat Young Boys and go through.

Ideally we head to Rotterdam and do the business. Then we come to Ibrox and beat young boys and finish on top spot.

Think we’ll finish on 11 points. Point away in Rotterdam and beat YB at home. Think at our best we’re the best team in the group and failing to qualify now would be a huge disappointment

I think I posted that after Young Boys away. It could still turn out that way but the 2 Porto games have given me huge confidence that it won't.

That TN8 guy you quoted was a fud :)

Reactions: TN8
Possible scenario.

MD5
We lose to feyenoord by more than 1 goal putting them level on 7 points but ahead on head to head.

Young Boys beat Porto putting them onto 10 points.

MD6
Feyenoord beat porto to go onto 10 points.

We beat Young Boys 3-2 to go onto 10 points.

We finish 3rd with 10 points, it's the sort of thing that would happen to us.

Early in the thread I posted we’d finish third. The thread was started in the aftermath of the defeat to Young Boys for those who haven’t noticed. 4 points from the head to head with Porto is beyond my expectations since I thought we’d do well to get 2 points from those matches.

Looking good now. A solid performance in Rotterdam and it may be enough.

I think we'll just pip Feynoord to 2nd. Porto to win the group and YB to finish bottom. I suspect last night might be the only win YB will pick up.

Anything still possible I suppose. I Got YB a bit wrong though. Even a draw against Feyenoord should be enough to leave it in our own hands going into the last game, which I think any of us would have taken at the outset.

Possible scenario.

MD5
We lose to feyenoord by more than 1 goal putting them level on 7 points but ahead on head to head.

Young Boys beat Porto putting them onto 10 points.

MD6
Feyenoord beat porto to go onto 10 points.

We beat Young Boys 3-2 to go onto 10 points.

We finish 3rd with 10 points, it's the sort of thing that would happen to us.
Porto will beat feyenoord and possible young boys as well for them to finish on ten but will finish 3rd due to our head to head

I just hope we go hard for the win against Feyenoord, it's more or less a free hit. Always think that Walter fücked up against Marseille years ago when we should have pushed hard for the winner after Durrant's equaliser. A win then would have put us in the driving seat for the final.

The doom and gloom at the start of this seems to have lifted. :D

There is a scenario where we could get through with one draw. And any win puts us through And could put us top of the group.

There is other scenarios that could see us out and I really hope that last goal in Switzerland doesn’t prove to be our downfall.

I think we're still just a wee bit short of the quality needed to get out of the group, too many lapses at the back and too wasteful in front of goal at the big moments. We'll put up good solid performances but those things will hinder us getting the results we need.

Football bloody hell :))

Back