Honeymoon Is Over For The Manger Next Season

Of course. But like I said, another 10 or 13 point gap and crumbling at January isn’t negotiable for me personally, if that happens again then it should be curtains for the gaffer. If he wins a cup and loses the league by a couple of points, then depending on how things have played out, it could be extremely harsh to sack him. But say we had a healthy lead and blew it at the end spilling points everywhere, again that changes the circumstances, maybe crumbling again will feel less than acceptable depending on a number of different variables.

But say he does narrowly miss out and a more experienced manager who’s won leagues becomes available, we should absolutely approach him, because remember it’s ultimately about Rangers and silverware, not Gerrard or having big names at the helm.
Completely agree with that, and would go as far as to say that if he had a 10 point lead and then lost the league by 1 or 2 points because of post winter form he should go.
Because points totals would again show a lack of progress.
But finishing on a good bit over 90 points and finishing second would be league progress, winning a cup along with that would for me, mean he should be given a forth year.

I don't think it is a historically acceptable scenario for Rangers on any average level over our history, but we are still in unprecedented times and as much as it may look to the outside that we are back, we are a good bit away from our potential, both on and off the park through no fault of anyone currently at the club.

"Can I ask" in the first paragraph, followed by "So why, when we" in the third paragraph gives you away as an agenda-driven group of like-minded people who pretty clearly want Gerrard gone. Why not just say it straight out?

To be honest having read a few of your posts you shouldn’t even be crossing streets on your own.

That's the way. Don't answer the question, attack the questioner.

That’s more or less all you’ve done in this entire thread. Any time I answered your previous questions you’d brazenly ignore the answer and go in a different, completely nonsensical tangent.

For you to (presumably) read all of the posts in this discussion and then offer up nothing better than “oh you said ‘we’, that means you’re just an agenda driven group who want the manager gone” doesn’t reflect well on you. I mean any one of my ‘agenda driven group’ could easily flip that and say you’re clearly an agenda driven group of happy clappers who think the manager is bigger than the club, but what’s the point?

And answer what question? Why not just say I want the manager gone? Because it’s a bare faced lie as explained in great detail in the preceding pages. But you’ve got to love when someone conjures up an unfounded accusation then goes into victim mode when they’re met with opposition, christ it’s right out of the tarriar book of debating. So you’re either taking the piss, or you’re missing something up top. Either way, don’t bother responding or crying wolf again because I’ll be glossing right over your posts from here on in. Cheers!

That’s more or less all you’ve done in this entire thread. Any time I answered your previous questions you’d brazenly ignore the answer and go in a different, completely nonsensical tangent.

For you to (presumably) read all of the posts in this discussion and then offer up nothing better than “oh you said ‘we’, that means you’re just an agenda driven group who want the manager gone” doesn’t reflect well on you. I mean any one of my ‘agenda driven group’ could easily flip that and say you’re clearly an agenda driven group of happy clappers who think the manager is bigger than the club, but what’s the point?

And answer what question? Why not just say I want the manager gone? Because it’s a bare faced lie as explained in great detail in the preceding pages. But you’ve got to love when someone conjures up an unfounded accusation then goes into victim mode when they’re met with opposition, christ it’s right out of the tarriar book of debating. So you’re either taking the piss, or you’re missing something up top. Either way, don’t bother responding or crying wolf again because I’ll be glossing right over your posts from here on in. Cheers!
Thanks for the advice on how I should proceed in dealing with a bully in denial mode. No doubt your pals will back you up. And throwing the victim shite in won't fly. Jog on.

I’m glad I’ve not read the entirety of this thread!

However in my humble opinion, and I’m a big fan of the gaffer, this next season is make or break, we absolutely have to win the league, letting them get 10IAR, having been here by then for 3 seasons would be extremely difficult to defend.

However I do believe we can do it. The gaffer isn’t stupid and will know the reasons why our arses collapsed after New Year. I just hope with the current crisis we are able to get the players in that we need to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Was absolutely sick of reading how 55 was going to destroy them. Not only is 10 going to destroy many on our side, it looks like it's already started.

I dont think people have really acknowledged, just how close we came to being non existent. In 2 seasons the man has helped put us on the football map again, regained our pride in europe, matched celtic in face to face encounters. The difference is, they have a much more powerful squad than us, because they can afford it. This explains why we're losing more against teams below us, not that we've spent more than them.

I wish football wasnt so dependant on money as it is these days, but unfortunately it is and as it stands, we're cant lay a glove on them in that dept. It may need them to run out of steam for us to catch them, much the same as happened to us when we were chasing 10.

I'll tell you this much, if Rangers are going to keep chopping and changing every 2 seasons, then there will be more to worry about than 10iar.

There’s a certain nobility in the idea of holding onto Gerrard for another three or four years regardless of what next season brings and I’d probably applaud the board if they had the balls to confront the support and tell them that was their intention, but it won’t happen because football doesn’t really work like that, certainly not at a club like ours who are embroiled in an eternal two horse race with our most bitter rivals for silverware every season.

These are the harsh realities of managing a club like Rangers and both the board and Steven Gerrard know it.

We’ve made significant strides in each of his seasons to date, but we’re still some distance away from where we need to be.

Personally I can’t get away from just how badly it unravelled after Xmas.

Until then you’d struggle to find anyone who didn’t feel we had moved up a level from the previous season’s efforts, but after that we collapsed at such a rate of knots it felt like we were going backwards to the point where, remembering consecutive defeats to Hearts and Hamilton, we’d regressed to Pedro and Murty levels of performance.

Reaching a cup final and the knockout stages of Europe could be viewed as progress (the latter in particular was a great achievement), but they’re offset by a league display that saw us actually further adrift of the Beasts when the last ball was kicked than we finished the previous campaign.

In this respect I think we need to acknowledge that overall our progress from the preceding season was actually pretty modest and it really needs to improve considerably next term otherwise I think there’s an inevitability to his leaving.

Great progress under the manager but he needs a trophy this season, and we must come back from the winter break and not fall to fck.

There’s a certain nobility in the idea of holding onto Gerrard for another three or four years regardless of what next season brings and I’d probably applaud the board if they had the balls to confront the support and tell them that was their intention, but it won’t happen because football doesn’t really work like that, certainly not at a club like ours who are embroiled in an eternal two horse race with our most bitter rivals for silverware every season.

These are the harsh realities of managing a club like Rangers and both the board and Steven Gerrard know it.

We’ve made significant strides in each of his seasons to date, but we’re still some distance away from where we need to be.

Personally I can’t get away from just how badly it unravelled after Xmas.

Until then you’d struggle to find anyone who didn’t feel we had moved up a level from the previous season’s efforts, but after that we collapsed at such a rate of knots it felt like we were going backwards to the point where, remembering consecutive defeats to Hearts and Hamilton, we’d regressed to Pedro and Murty levels of performance.

Reaching a cup final and the knockout stages of Europe could be viewed as progress (the latter in particular was a great achievement), but they’re offset by a league display that saw us actually further adrift of the Beasts when the last ball was kicked than we finished the previous campaign.

In this respect I think we need to acknowledge that overall our progress from the preceding season was actually pretty modest and it really needs to improve considerably next term otherwise I think there’s an inevitability to his leaving.
And the incoming manager who's available, keen, affordable, with a resume of sustained success at huge clubs over a long career of proven, multiple trophy-winning performance and ready to step in is?

We haven't went to Dubai twice though.

We were in Tenerife in January 2019.

It's nothing to do with training camps. It's mentality. We crumbled twice.
Spot on mate, we crumbled again at the business end of the season, when the pressure mounts, when the prizes are won and lost.
Unfortunately the quality and mentality of our squad are in the loser category, the stark evidence of that were clearly stated in our captain’s infamous programme comments.

And the incoming manager who's available, keen, affordable, with a resume of sustained success at huge clubs over a long career of proven, multiple trophy-winning performance and ready to step in is?

I’m happy to forward this to Stewart Robertson if you like?

It is what he’s paid for.

You hit the nail on the head here. He fits the profile hugely but the measuring stick is domestic success and that’s something he’s been unable to do. There’s a chance he could nab a trophy next season but we need to find that winning mentality.

Too many Bears seduced by his image and reputation as a player to actually question his performance so far, which don’t make for good reading against previous incumbents.

His real badge of honour is the European campaign-which has been sensational-but the lack of bottle over a consistent period to take the Scottish title back has been alarming.

Too many Bears seduced by his image and reputation as a player to actually question his performance so far, which don’t make for good reading against previous incumbents.

His real badge of honour is the European campaign-which has been sensational-but the lack of bottle over a consistent period to take the Scottish title back has been alarming.

I mean, you are writing this post in a 23-page thread where people are questioning his performance so far...

Loyalty matters, but SG seems over reliant on system (though he does change) & certain players. A few of the loan players lacked consistency/commitment. Barker made no sense either. Refs are still an issue too.
Hate seeing them win anything, but we're improving, viz Europe. That closes the ££gap. I'll support our manager for another full season. Swapping mid-term rarely works. And I do value loyalty. WATP.

You've played the man, not the ball. When a winger skinned me, that's what I did. Best get back to the debate.

I already answered all of his questions and articulated every point I made as clearly as I could have; in fact throughout the thread I’ve shared every viewpoint I have on the matter. Essentially he’s just in a cream puff because he’s decided it’s SG or no one and doesn’t want to accept anything else. To be honest I think he might be confusing real football for Aussie rules.

I already answered all of his questions and articulated every point I made as clearly as I could have; in fact throughout the thread I’ve shared every viewpoint I have on the matter. Essentially he’s just in a cream puff because he’s decided it’s SG or no one and doesn’t want to accept anything else. To be honest I think he might be confusing real football for Aussie rules.
As you say, this topic polarises views. >8wks without fitba' isn't helping our mood!

It's all about progression for me, and there undoubtedly has been , and it must continue. I dont jump on this 55 bandwagon as yet because I dont think we are quite there to do it. They have had a massive advantage for years now financially wise, but too many on here dont seem to recognise that I say on here because I see a completely different outlook to the Gers supporter on the street, family,friends , aquantances, workmates, who don't come anywhere near this forum and take a different outlook. Basically saying we are still not good enough and 55 maybe a wee while away yet. Personally I would rather not even have it mentioned, sick of reading how it has been coming for the last 2 seasons by all the experts., and add 10 in a row to that as well.

All I’ll say, is replace the name Gerrard with McInnes and see how everyone would react

Imagine being one of you cùnts... perpetually feeling inferior in every moment of your life...
Well the facts to me are they have been handed this title when they shouldn't have been - what can we do about it, absolute wee-haw on a football forum. Businesses are going down the pan left right and centre just now, throughout the world. Scottish football isn't bringing in any money, we have a corrupt governing body for Scottish football. Their 9 or if they get 10 was not won on merit. Our 9 was. Still got next season to win the league. But for me, give us some decent runs in Europe, decent money, attract players like Hagi, then, dominance will happen in Scotland, and rightly so.
10 in a row will mean nothing to them the day we win the league. The day we are back. But that's just my opinion.

Genuinely one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on here. The desperation to put Gerrard on a pedestal is truly pathetic.

You’re defending Gerrard by saying it’s better to come second and do well in Europe - sorry, what the %^*& are you talking about?

Honestly beyond belief. A grown man star struck by Steven Gerrard, I’m actually laughing at this.
I think he is a great manager and will do brilliant for us. I'm star struck by how well we are doing in Europe, the European nights I have been fortunate to be at Ibrox for when home.
Just now, financially, Europe is keeping us alive. It will take him a long time to be a success at Rangers domestically, but he is on the right road. What's the option, start all over again, new manager, give that one 6 months, bin him.
Or, get some decent millions in European money coming in, building up some good finance, build up Gerrard as a decent manager in Scotland too.
Scottish football is corrupt, aye Gerrard has made many mistakes, especially second parts of the seasons. But things won't happen over night, unless you still believe in Santa. I've got full faith in him, and from a business point of view, to keep us financially stable and secure for years, then he is the man.
Just my personal opinion.

Was absolutely sick of reading how 55 was going to destroy them. Not only is 10 going to destroy many on our side, it looks like it's already started.

I dont think people have really acknowledged, just how close we came to being non existent. In 2 seasons the man has helped put us on the football map again, regained our pride in europe, matched celtic in face to face encounters. The difference is, they have a much more powerful squad than us, because they can afford it. This explains why we're losing more against teams below us, not that we've spent more than them.

I wish football wasnt so dependant on money as it is these days, but unfortunately it is and as it stands, we're cant lay a glove on them in that dept. It may need them to run out of steam for us to catch them, much the same as happened to us when we were chasing 10.

I'll tell you this much, if Rangers are going to keep chopping and changing every 2 seasons, then there will be more to worry about than 10iar.

How many of us are willing to accept being 2nd best to celtic? If we can’t stop them getting 10, then we won’t be able to stop them overtaking our league title hail. Most we could hope to do is delay it by winning an odd title.

Our fanbase will slowly dwindle as the years go by if we end up perpetual losers to them, and we might never fully recover. Those of us who grew up in the 90s may be the last generation of bears to remember when Rangers were great.

Another thing I’ve noticed bears here mention that shows that the rot has already started: I’ve heard bears saying that celtics run doesn’t count because it’s too easy for them. Is this supposed to make our disgrace any less shameful? What we sweat blood for in 1997 to get 9 with players like Gazza and Laudrup, celtic have done with a team of nobody’s without even breaking a sweat.

The great catastrophe of 2012 crippled us. It may still technically be the same club, but in every other sense it feels different. I’m at the stage where the only thing that gives me joy is watching celtic continuing failures in Europe.

John Greig done well in Europe, still lost his job because the bottom line is the league. If Our Gaffer wins nothing next year he should be gone.

a lot are getting itchy and worrying far too much about that lot.
need to remember where we have come from at such a low starting point.
we are only just getting the club back into shape with the right quality of player,the stadium getting the works ,our commercial arm getting clear of the fat man ,scouting being put in place,training ground is the biz and youth teams working well .
we are a club again and probably in better shape and better run than at any time under murray .
it s telling that TLB is having a pop at our manager .despite having a fee run at the CL money since 2012 they have failed to shake us off and nothing more he'd love than to see us change the whole thing again ,just when he knows we have mauled them on the pitch in our last 2 meetings .
keep the faith .

You probably don’t loose sleep over

Yip , you’re a Tim , hopefully you know it tbf , can’t tell with you cùnts these days.. Good luck in your future life of denial and misery, maybe you will get to kiss the holy ones ring and it’ll all be better at some point...
Not many Tims I know carry a Bible with them, brought up in a presbyterian church, supported Rangers all their life and all their family also. I've got my opinions and views and will respect other Rangers fans opinions and views, even if different to mine. But I don't respect being called a Tim or a cùnt. But I suppose, each and all to their own.

a lot are getting itchy and worrying far too much about that lot.
need to remember where we have come from at such a low starting point.
we are only just getting the club back into shape with the right quality of player,the stadium getting the works ,our commercial arm getting clear of the fat man ,scouting being put in place,training ground is the biz and youth teams working well .
we are a club again and probably in better shape and better run than at any time under murray .
it s telling that TLB is having a pop at our manager .despite having a fee run at the CL money since 2012 they have failed to shake us off and nothing more he'd love than to see us change the whole thing again ,just when he knows we have mauled them on the pitch in our last 2 meetings .
keep the faith .

10iar is dead, they killed it themselves by demanding they were handed a league in the midst of a pandemic.

Our problem is when you look at the games that we have dropped points in, our old friends Clancy, McLean, Beaton x 2 & Collum have all been involved. We dropped pointed in 8 games this year, they dropped points in 4. They kept themselves a game in front as well by gerrymandering fixtures. We need to call out the cheating next season because it will be ramped up.

We are at a stage where we can't keep hitting the reset button every summer or we'll end up like Hibs in having a new manager every year. We don't have a mediocre sqaud or we wouldn't have got result against the European sides that we have over the last two years.

Rapid Vienna
Spartak Moscow
Porto
Feyenoord
Braga
Villareal
Legai Warsaw

All of those clubs are equal to or better than the filth. If we were as crap as people make us out out to be then we wouldn't have got results against these clubs over the last 2 seasons and because we drop points against SPFL dross then it's get rid of the lot. Even Barcelona & Real Madrid don't beat everybody in their league given their advantage and they don't meet in every Spanish Cup Final.

We want to beat the filth but when you're playing against a loaded die then there's not much you can do until you can get rid of the people who are doing the loading.

10iar is dead, they killed it themselves by demanding they were handed a league in the midst of a pandemic.

Our problem is when you look at the games that we have dropped points in, our old friends Clancy, McLean, Beaton x 2 & Collum have all been involved. We dropped pointed in 8 games this year, they dropped points in 4. They kept themselves a game in front as well by gerrymandering fixtures. We need to call out the cheating next season because it will be ramped up.

We are at a stage where we can't keep hitting the reset button every summer or we'll end up like Hibs in having a new manager every year. We don't have a mediocre sqaud or we wouldn't have got result against the European sides that we have over the last two years.

Rapid Vienna
Spartak Moscow
Porto
Feyenoord
Braga
Villareal
Legai Warsaw

All of those clubs are equal to or better than the filth. If we were as crap as people make us out out to be then we wouldn't have got results against these clubs over the last 2 seasons and because we drop points against SPFL dross then it's get rid of the lot. Even Barcelona & Real Madrid don't beat everybody in their league given their advantage and they don't meet in every Spanish Cup Final.

We want to beat the filth but when you're playing against a loaded die then there's not much you can do until you can get rid of the people who are doing the loading.
The thing is mate that the league and cup games are our bread and butter so to speak.we have done well I,d actually say exceeded expectations. But our domestic forum is good for the first half of the season,.but not good enough for the second half two seasons in a row.

The thing is mate that the league and cup games are our bread and butter so to speak.we have done well I,d actually say exceeded expectations. But our domestic forum is good for the first half of the season,.but not good enough for the second half two seasons in a row.

The problem we have Tuarabear is that the diddy clubs done care about playing them or whether they get beat or not.

Every game we have dropped points in this season, our old ref pals have been at the forefront of it.

We are at the point where us droping points is seen as a defeat because most other teams in the SFPL don't care if they lose to them or not. But their players want to run through walls to beat us.

Go back 20/30 years and Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd all gave it a good go to try and compete with the Old Firm.

In 2020 3 of those clubs voted to allow the SPFL to hand the filth the league. 3 of those clubs along with ourselves have found themselves out of the SPFL to be replaced with Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren & ICT. Yet we are to give credece to this "9iar" bollocks

The problem we have Tuarabear is that the diddy clubs done care about playing them or whether they get beat or not.

Every game we have dropped points in this season, our old ref pals have been at the forefront of it.

We are at the point where us droping points is seen as a defeat because most other teams in the SFPL don't care if they lose to them or not. But their players want to run through walls to beat us.

Go back 20/30 years and Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd all gave it a good go to try and compete with the Old Firm.

In 2020 3 of those clubs voted to allow the SPFL to hand the filth the league. 3 of those clubs along with ourselves have found themselves out of the SPFL to be replaced with Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren & ICT. Yet we are to give credece to this "9iar" bollocks
Interesting point mate .personally I,d put it down to a few things. One of the them being refs two poor tactics at times from our manager three especially in the second half of the season lack of motivation from the team.

Sorry a fourth point would be our inability to kill the game off especially. in the second half of the season.

The question still needs to be asked as to why for two seasons in a row we have collapsed at at a time when it looked as though we were in the driving seat on both occasions. We can even accurately pinpoint the very moments: Worral against Killie last season, and this season, Kamara at Hearts. It was the lack of guile and belief in those games that saw us crash to self-inflicted defeats. We couldn’t raise our game to make a come back. Why the mental breakdown? SG has to address this key issue. When we win next season on their turf, and I believe we can do it, we need to simply walk off into the dressing room as though it is just another day. Not make a big deal of it, then dig in and rack up the points that creates a winning streak that goes on right through the season. Build momentum. Only that way can SG see light at the end of tunnel and see us champions. He’s going to be under immense pressure next season. We have to stick with him until he gets it right.

As far as I’m concerned, if he doesn’t win something this season, it’s over for him.

If we collapse after the winter break again, assuming we’re doing well beforehand, it’s over for him.

He’ll have had at least 6 transfer windows, and 3 full seasons of winning nothing. That’s more than many get to prove themselves.

As far as I’m concerned, if he doesn’t win something this season, it’s over for him.

If we collapse after the winter break again, assuming we’re doing well beforehand, it’s over for him.

He’ll have had at least 6 transfer windows, and 3 full seasons of winning nothing. That’s more than many get to prove themselves.
Good thing is I doubt there will be a winter break this year by the time football returns.

I’m a big fan of the gaffer and I don’t hide it.

I do think next season is huge for him and the club and all of us.

What I will say is that history shows that there has always been dominant periods from us or them and I think that it will turn again.

Who would’ve thought that we wouldn’t achieve 10 after we equalled their 9.??

It was a mirror of what’s happening now but it was us that were laughing at them.

We have had a tough time since 2012 but believe me we will laugh at them again and soon.

The question still needs to be asked as to why for two seasons in a row we have collapsed at at a time when it looked as though we were in the driving seat on both occasions. We can even accurately pinpoint the very moments: Worral against Killie last season, and this season, Kamara at Hearts. It was the lack of guile and belief in those games that saw us crash to self-inflicted defeats. We couldn’t raise our game to make a come back. Why the mental breakdown? SG has to address this key issue. When we win next season on their turf, and I believe we can do it, we need to simply walk off into the dressing room as though it is just another day. Not make a big deal of it, then dig in and rack up the points that creates a winning streak that goes on right through the season. Build momentum. Only that way can SG see light at the end of tunnel and see us champions. He’s going to be under immense pressure next season. We have to stick with him until he gets it right.

People have it in their heads that we’ve collapsed two years on the trot after the winter break, but this year was much, much worse than the season before.

The 2-1 defeat at Rugby Park in January 2019 was a big blow, but then we beat Livingston 3-0 away, St. Mirren 4-0 at Ibrox and Aberdeen 4-2 at Pittodrie.

That was then followed by a dreadful goalless draw at Ibrox against St. Johnstone, but succeeded by a 5-0 drubbing of Hamilton at New Douglas Park and a 4-0 win against Dundee at Ibrox.

That’s an infinitely more impressive run of results throughout January and February than we saw this year.

It was actually March that saw our title challenge more or less ended with three games in a row where we drew at Easter Road, drew at home with Kilmarnock then lost at the Chamber of Secrets.

This season we had no impressive wins in between the dropped points - it was all just one long miserable struggle, and that’s the really concerning bit - that Gerrard was unable for two months to rouse his players out of a catastrophic slump.

So it was the refs fault we capitulated after the winter break for the second consecutive season?

For the majority on here its easier to look elsewhere for a scapegoat, it's been happening for a while now.

Sure we were on the wrong end of some bad decisions but 80% of our %^*& ups came from the manager and players.

Back