Hope Barasic is ok

I thought it was his lower back and he’s had lower back problems. Fkin shocking challenge. Don’t know why “the manager wasn’t impressed” according to some.

Same listened to the interview and the gaffer says they'll evaluate in the morning.

He didn't look fully fit at all tonight. Hopefully the kick in the back hasn't done any more damage to him.

Barisic has been one of our best and most consistent players this season. Turned in massive performances in some of the biggest games of our season so far. Yet folk on here are still looking for any excuse to lay into him for going off after taking studs to the back? I mean seriously? The guy just came back from an injury.

This place is a fucking joke at times. Full of a bunch of sad bitter arseholes who couldn't kick their own arse, nevermind play an actual game of football. Embarrassing stuff. Regurgitating the same shite from last season, all over what most agreed at the time was a nasty challenge. If he'd stayed on and cost us a goal, folk on here would be greeting about how shite it was that Gerrard didn't take him off.

To all the posters saying he doesn't like the "rough and tumble" how would you feel if you got booted in the ribs at your work?
If I was a professional footballer - probably see it as part of the game.
If I was a lolly pop woman - probably be a bit weary of whoever was doing it and consider pressing charges of assault.

Poor comments. Almost looked winded or a seizure. He’s toughened up significantly this season, hasn’t missed many games at all.

Certainly looked like a sore one

MKxq4dq.jpg
The follow through was what did the damage. Players knee into the kidneys

Hope he’s ok, but Aribo introduction changed the game.

Aribo for left back if borna is out for a week or two

Remember Stevie G not sounding impressed with Barisic last year when we went off injured. Hopefully this one is also not too serious.

What's the point in VAR if the referee isn't looking at that. Should have been a red. Think Borna could have played on though
VAR only looks at it if it's a red card offence. I don't think it was a Red. Braga player was rightly booked and it looked like he caught barisic in the ribs or back

Might have been a kick to the kidney. And from experience, that’s not the sort of injury you can play on with if you take a bad one. For all you kind hearted souls saying ‘heart of a mouse’, etc. Let’s hope it’s not a bad one because he’d be a huge loss to the team. Goldfish have longer memories than some of us.

Poor comments. Almost looked winded or a seizure. He’s toughened up significantly this season, hasn’t missed many games at all.

Winded or a seizure? My medical knowledge tells me their vastly different things.

If a younger man has seizure - it tends to be a brain tumour, epilepsy or withdrawal from alcohol - any which way not what you would want for your best full back. Let’s hope he was winded eh?

Bruised kidneys would be quite dangerous I suspect, and bruised ribs would be extremely painful and if its ribs he would be in extreme pain especially when breathing hard, I hope its not as we need him to be a starter at least.

Last edited:
Sometimes as a player you do have to show the opposition you are up for the fight. Ask yourselves this would John Greig, John Brown, Richard Gough have come off for what was an impact injury - not a chance. I am not saying he shat it, that is totally disrespectful. Perhaps his previous knock played a part in where his mind was at. He is a top player that we need.

Hopefully nothing serious as I we play better with him in the team however he wasn’t at his best last night perhaps with being out and not up to pace. His delivery wasn’t great and caught out of position a few times whilst failing to put Morelos through when he had the opportunity and played the ball back to Davis instead.

Any of those areas, lower back, ribs or kidneys and that’s going to hurt bad. It’s just the degrees of pain that’s the difference between them.

It was a shocking challenge just in front of me. At the time i thought it was easily a red card. Not seen any replays but at the time i thought it was studs in to his lower back.

Happened right infront of me. Was a sore one but didn't look anywhere near his kidneys, looked like he took it on the thigh thought it was a dead leg at the time.

I took a knee in the kidneys a few years back playing football and the pain was level 10, had convinced myself that something was going to burst inside of me at the time. Ended up in the old Southern that night and they says was only bruising. Thought I had done some permanent damage.

There's no chance he will make St J away and very unlikely to make Braga now.

Happened right infront of me. Was a sore one but didn't look anywhere near his kidneys, looked like he took it on the thigh thought it was a dead leg at the time.

I took a knee in the kidneys a few years back playing football and the pain was level 10, had convinced myself that something was going to burst inside of me at the time. Ended up in the old Southern that night and they says was only bruising. Thought I had done some permanent damage.

There's no chance he will make St J away and very unlikely to make Braga now.
Have you seen the picture above? Clearly studs right into the kidney area.

So clearly last night's would have been a painful one for Borna.

But what I will say in defence of those who are now being shot down, there clearly is a lingering suspicion with Borna that innocuous challenges can result in him writhing around in agony and getting subbed.

That originated after the HJK friendly a year ago, when the manager pretty much alluded to it in his comments after the game. Thats where this suspicion amongst the fans comes from.

It looked like a full on 'mawashi geri' (round house - or spin kick) to me
Struck the pelvis, lower back & ribs
I got someting similar in a game a long time ago & apart from being 'winded' at the time - I had lower back & pelvic pain for a month afterwards - hope Borna has a quicker recovery

Anyway imo that was a red all day long - because he raised his leg to waist height just before getting near the ball & had clattering the player in mind long before the actual contact imo

It looked like a full on 'mawashi geri' (round house or spin kick) to me
Struck the pelvis, lower back & ribs
I got someting similar in a game a long time ago & apart from being 'winded' at the time - I had lower back & pelvic pain for a month afterwards - hope Borna has a quicker recovery

Anyway imo that was a red all day long - because he raised his leg to waist height just before getting near the ball & had clattering the player in mind long before the actual contact as far as I could see

Back