Hoping Ross Wilson will come up with different signings

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
I’m really hoping that Ross Wilson’s contact book means that when we announce players it will be no one the press have been speculating about.
Some very underwhelming names being bandied about but there does not seem to be credence to any of them thank God.
I think that if Alfredo stays, and it may make economic sense to hold onto him for this season coming, then we are probably looking at no more than three or four hopefully good quality signings who will be first picks.
We desperately need a midfield powerhouse who scores 10 goals a season.
We could do with a real leader at center back and a good, intelligent front man.

He needs to deliver 4 or 5 quality first team players. The current crop of first players are not good enough. No one is interested anymore in squad players, we’ve had enough of them. It doesn’t improve us immediately. If quality isn’t delivered in the first team they’ll all be out of jobs next year anyway.

It must be said that securing Ianis Hagi is a great start.
There’s a couple of his pals in the Romanian national team who might be worth a punt at a relatively low price.
And let’s also hope there is some talent in the Southampton Academy that Ross can help us get our hands on.

The centre half we were apparently after Deli plays for Club Brugge in Belgium. Schrijvers seems a highly rated striker at Brugge too. Kemar Roofe is over there at Anderlecht too, maybe still an interest, who knows?
I like Roofe, just the sort of striker that would suit the hustle and bustle of this league. Leeds look weaker upfront relying on Bamford since he left.

Armstrong would be a very good addition and would offer more going forward than our current three midfielders. He is also comfortable on the ball.

If we got him and Vydra then this would be tremendous business by the club. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but have a feeling the club are going all in this year.

Armstrong would be a very good addition and would offer more going forward than our current three midfielders. He is also comfortable on the ball.

If we got him and Vydra then this would be tremendous business by the club. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but have a feeling the club are going all in this year.
Vydra is too much of a risk now imo.

The loan with an option to buy made a lot of sense, buying him outright now in the current climate is too big of a gamble when you consider his age.

He's someone that hasn't had a good season in a while and would command a huge wage.

When we spend big it needs to be extremely calculated, if Hagi for example doesn't hit the ground running next season he's still got years of development ahead of him. If Vydra doesn't then it's an instant empty wage until he does.

Someone like Grbic is a much better target.

Armstrong would be a ridiculously good signing but I can't see it happening

Where has the Stuart Armstrong one came from? Can’t see that happening. Wages for a start would be a stumbling block surely.

The centre half we were apparently after Deli plays for Club Brugge in Belgium. Schrijvers seems a highly rated striker at Brugge too. Kemar Roofe is over there at Anderlecht too, maybe still an interest, who knows?
Are we in for schrijvers?

""We desperately need a midfield powerhouse who scores 10 goals a season.
We could do with a real leader at center back and a good, intelligent front man."

Have 100 million lying around?
If your wise and smart enough then we could get these players for 15-20 million but it’s making sure they are the correct ones.

Ryan Kent also needs to step up!

Someone like vydra should be the standard of our second choice striker if we are to win the league next year. The risk is the big transfer money he would cost but with him being in his last year of his contract(going by a few people mentioning it on here) we could hopefully get him on a cut price.

Going by Southampton’s transfers when Wilson was there he likes Belgian markets or similar smaller markets. Need to try and get a few players from these types of markets.

I like the shape of the Ianis Hagi deal. We won’t lose on that one.

if he can find 2 or 3 more deals like that for young talented players with potential like Hagi then another 3 more experienced heads with the kind of grit and leadership that this league requires then he’s onto a winner.

Equally he will be judged on what money he brings in for players who are outbound. Too many bad deals in previous years in this respect. Albeit we don’t have many players worth all that much right now.

how much would these players cost out of interest ?
Roofe would be the most expensive. Cost Brugge £5.4 million recently when he left Leeds.
Schrijvers cost Brugge £2.7 million. So maybe get him for around £3.5 million.
Deli joined Brugge recently for just over £2.5 million.

So not over the top prices. Decent value for quality in defence, wide forward and up front.

Hopefully we are looking at signing people in their prime years and not 20 year old Liverpool loanees that are inconsistent as they are learning the game or past it EPL players that have barely kicked a ball in years.

We need people that are ready to win titles now. Not in 5 years and not 5 years ago.

I’m guessing it’s just a lazy connection based on Ross Wilsons links.

Probaby.

But also if you pointed out what we need in the middle of the park he fits that bill too. Loads of energy, goes beyond the ball and is a good player.

Had he not played for them and was still frozen out at Southampton I think he would potentially already be here.

Southampton are a Premier League club with Premier League money, I think in the past 2 seasons there hasn't been a single gem uncovered or a modest signing who has excelled for them.
Looking at last season they spent £35m on Ings and Che Adams £4m on a loan fee, almost £20m on a defender and £14m on a winger I've never heard of all last season. Season before £10m on a reserve GK and £16m on that shite winger the beasts took on loan. Just because we have Wilson doesn't mean we suddenly inherit the same scouting network and millions to spend. Folk thinking he'll unearth the next Mane for peanuts are as deluded as those who thought because best in the business signed Sterling he'd do the same here. There is a reason why we signed 3 players from Croatian football and not German football. You can only hope these £10m+ valued players have had a fallout of sorts like Hagi and we can get lucky.

I doubt very much Armstrong is happening, I recall reading an interview with him a while back, it was his dream to play in the Premiership, now that he had joined an EPL club and he was finally making the breakthrough, he was/is loving life at Southampton. There is little hope of him leaving that to come and join a club who are still a good bit behind the club he has not long left, it would make little sense.

The Armstrong rumour was on another thread
Can’t remember which 1

That Ross did enquire about him ,as he wasn’t playing many games
Since wee enquired Southampton changed formation to 442
An he is part of the team now
So out of our reach an wont be coming

This is what was said by 1 of the admin

But his name is in most threads now ,as if we’re still trying

Roofe would be the most expensive. Cost Brugge £5.4 million recently when he left Leeds.

So not over the top prices. Decent value for quality in defence, wide forward and up front.

Bit pedantic but Roofe went to Anderlecht, not Brugge. Brugge have a few forwards in Openda, Okereke & Bonaventure worth looking at.

Armstrong isn't really the goal scoring midfielder FF claims he is.

28 goals in all competitions over four seasons at the piggery when they had no challenge what so ever.

I just don't get the excitement over an ex bheggar player?

Armstrong very much broke into the Southampton team last season and will be on a fortune.

He was being offered to clubs last season (including us apparently) but I highly doubt there's a chance of it happening now.

It's good to know we at least had eyes on players like Guirassy from France who looks set for a big move, that's the market that will serve us well short term and hopefully make us big profits on.

that Adrian Grbic looks decent, big lad, knows where the goal and is prone to bang in a few long range free kicks

Brighton are rumoured to be interested .

he scored 17 in ligue2 with clermont last season , but he’s never been prolific during his career . Lots of promise . Bit of a risk , but maybe he’s a late bloomer

Brighton are rumoured to be interested .

he scored 17 in ligue2 with clermont last season , but he’s never been prolific during his career . Lots of promise . Bit of a risk , but maybe he’s a late bloomer
Ligue 2 is somewhere we should be extensively searching, and Bundesliga 2 to a lesser extent.

The amount of talent that comes out the former each season is unreal.

He needs to deliver 4 or 5 quality first team players. The current crop of first players are not good enough. No one is interested anymore in squad players, we’ve had enough of them. It doesn’t improve us immediately. If quality isn’t delivered in the first team they’ll all be out of jobs next year anyway.
Best reply in this thread.

On top of Hagi we will still about 3-4 players to come into the starting 11 imo.

In my opinion the priority lies:

Right winger > Goal scoring midfielder > striker to compete for Morelos’ position > commanding defender

If the likes of Stewart, Jones, Barker, Docherty, Murphy etc aren’t going to get used then they should be moved on as well.

I don’t see Gerrard using these guys (even though I think some might be useful) when he stuck to a core of 15-16 players regularly last season.

Having the versatility to change up style of play and tactics would be nice as well. I am fed up of seeing the slow rigid build up play worked wide, Kent dropping deep to run into traffic, Davis and Kamara playing sideways passes, the centre halves receiving it from Greegsy and then play it to the full backs who have got someone right up their arse, it is so predictable.

If the price is right, I’d love us to sign Stuart Armstrong.

I was delighted when he left the mentally challengeds.

If RW can secure us some goals from midfield in his next signings then we’ll be in a good place.

But the price won't be right. It will be wrong to the tune of about 15 million quid. There is no way we are buying players in the prime of their career who start for EPL sides. Those days are gone.

If the price is right, I’d love us to sign Stuart Armstrong.

I was delighted when he left the mentally challengeds.

If RW can secure us some goals from midfield in his next signings then we’ll be in a good place.
I highly doubt this would happen. The guy seems fairly sensible. He knows how much hassle they will make his families daily life.

He also said not long after joining Southampton the SPFL was a massive step down in quality and fitness and he didnt miss it.

Ligue 2 is somewhere we should be extensively searching, and Bundesliga 2 to a lesser extent.

The amount of talent that comes out the former each season is unreal.

Some absolute crackers in 2. Bundesliga. Some players out of our price range, we were linked with Dorsch who was highly rated as a youngster at Bayern Munich. Ingvarsten (Union Berlin), Holstein Kiel, Lucoqui (Biefield), Honsak (Darmstadt), M'boussy (Bochum), Wanitzek (Karlsruher), Soares (Bochum), Ochs, Humber.

Belgian market is struggling, they are cashing in if they can

Ross Wilson needs to be Taylor to Gerrard’s Clough. Not necessarily marquee signings but players who’ll compliment each other and fit into the jigsaw. Next season will depend on him as much as the manager. Whoever comes in though I’d like to have a bit of the bastard about them with an utter refusal to accept defeat. Whilst we have problems with inconsistency and over cautious tactics, I sometimes think the main problem is we’re too ph::::n nice!

The names being banded about are probably by the likes of Keith Jackson who are trying to sell papers or get clicks.

Wilson is a proven professional with a good record at previous clubs. I have confidence in him.

Belgian market is struggling, they are cashing in if they can
It's a cracking market to get into considering the size and population of the country the amount of footballing talent Belguim produce is frightening and it's also a very competitive league Genk Gent Brugge Anderlecht and Standard Liege usually In with a good shot at the title

Back