Hoping Ross Wilson will come up with different signings

If the price is right, I’d love us to sign Stuart Armstrong.

I was delighted when he left the mentally challengeds.

If RW can secure us some goals from midfield in his next signings then we’ll be in a good place.
Agreed but we still need a few more leaders in that team and need to rid that weak mentality,which still riles me.

I think some may have to check their expectations somewhat. Unless we have a couple of big money sales lined up, I don't imagine our spending will match the amounts of the last couple of seasons.

I think we'll naturally improve with the squad we have as well. Loads are at a good age for that to be possible. We made improvements last season from the season before without too many differences in terms of regular starters, so I hope that continues.

Roofe would be the most expensive. Cost Brugge £5.4 million recently when he left Leeds.
Schrijvers cost Brugge £2.7 million. So maybe get him for around £3.5 million.
Deli joined Brugge recently for just over £2.5 million.

So not over the top prices. Decent value for quality in defence, wide forward and up front.
thanks

I think some may have to check their expectations somewhat. Unless we have a couple of big money sales lined up, I don't imagine our spending will match the amounts of the last couple of seasons.

I think we'll naturally improve with the squad we have as well. Loads are at a good age for that to be possible. We made improvements last season from the season before without too many differences in terms of regular starters, so I hope that continues.

last seasons first team simply was not good enough, after new year shows this

i reckon we need 3-4 starters to be challenging for the title next year

That isn't good enough. We need to win the league this year or it's all over.

Don’t disagree with the posts saying we need a goal scoring midfield player , clearly we do.
But would equally suggest we need a midfield enforcer.

If the club want to give the side a lick of paint and polish in the summer we’ll end up in trouble. Jan - March was a 6 or 7 week run that should end some players time at Ibrox. Some in the first team can’t be trusted nor handle the pressure of a title challenge. We’ve seen enough evidence of that over 2 seasons.

Almost all our title winning teams have had academy players regularly playing through the season something we are missing at present. Shagger don't count these days.

I suspect we will sign a keeper and left back and no more unless players are actually sold youth will be used more this season

He needs to deliver 4 or 5 quality first team players. The current crop of first players are not good enough. No one is interested anymore in squad players, we’ve had enough of them. It doesn’t improve us immediately. If quality isn’t delivered in the first team they’ll all be out of jobs next year anyway.

This is spot on

On top of Hagi we will still about 3-4 players to come into the starting 11 imo.

In my opinion the priority lies:

Right winger > Goal scoring midfielder > striker to compete for Morelos’ position > commanding defender

If the likes of Stewart, Jones, Barker, Docherty, Murphy etc aren’t going to get used then they should be moved on as well.

I don’t see Gerrard using these guys (even though I think some might be useful) when he stuck to a core of 15-16 players regularly last season.

Having the versatility to change up style of play and tactics would be nice as well. I am fed up of seeing the slow rigid build up play worked wide, Kent dropping deep to run into traffic, Davis and Kamara playing sideways passes, the centre halves receiving it from Greegsy and then play it to the full backs who have got someone right up their arse, it is so predictable.
We're like kindred spirits, couldn't say it any better.

Quality over quantity needs to be the case this summer, we paid the price for doing the opposite last season.

Dross like Ojo, and Barker aren't going to take us to a league title.

We need to go in hard this transfer window and sign some real quality.

Hopefully Hagi is a statement of intent to kick off a huge summer for us. I have faith that Ross Wilson will get it right.

Think we need to realise how much money we’ve lost as a result of the Covid crisis, and will continue to do so, lots of season tickets will probably go unsold, we can’t provide hospitality etc, our signing budget will be reduced, however I’d hope the transfer market will reflect that and decent deals can be done, like Hagi for instanc.

Think we need to realise how much money we’ve lost as a result of the Covid crisis, and will continue to do so, lots of season tickets will probably go unsold, we can’t provide hospitality etc, our signing budget will be reduced, however I’d hope the transfer market will reflect that and decent deals can be done, like Hagi for instanc.
I highly doubt season tickets will go unsold. I think loans with options to buy will be a common thing this summer

Reactions: cav
I highly doubt season tickets will go unsold. I think loans with options to buy will be a common thing this summer
Think your right on the ST. I read we are around 40,000 for ST sales already. With my gers on top of that, Castore money, European money and "investment coming" as stated by DP the other week. We will be fine.

He will be a step up from Mark Allen even in his interviews he has an air of confidence I don't think Allen had

Think your right on the ST. I read we are around 40,000 for ST sales already. With my gers on top of that, Castore money, European money and "investment coming" as stated by DP the other week. We will be fine.

No club will be immune from COVID-19 particularly as it will be a while before we see full stadiums. Rangers will be no different and we need to be very astute in the transfer market.

I’d love to know for sure how many we have sold. I’d be genuinely stunned, in a good way of course, if we shifted 40,000 in the current circumstances.

It's a cracking market to get into considering the size and population of the country the amount of footballing talent Belguim produce is frightening and it's also a very competitive league Genk Gent Brugge Anderlecht and Standard Liege usually In with a good shot at the title
they raid the African market every year , and also have many people from African countrys with wonderful skillfull kids living in Belguim--They like , France , Holland, Spain, Portugal ,Germany have a colonial background , but theirs is not ridiculed or used against them , like the UK. ????

they raid the African market every year , and also have many people from African countrys with wonderful skillfull kids living in Belguim--They like , France , Holland, Spain, Portugal ,Germany have a colonial background , but theirs is not ridiculed or used against them , like the UK. ????
You can't have saw events in Belgium over the past couple days surrounding statues of King Leopold ?

why --like the kno
You can't have saw events in Belgium over the past couple days surrounding statues of King Leopold ?
Why, like the knobs here pulling down statues--I reported they have a colonial past and that is why their football at present is outstanding --not right not wrong --some of these kids in Belgium would never had a chance to be heroes or wealthy for life , outside their own country --Belgium, gave them a chance --Today I see Belguim a country with no go areas like Mouswald and other areas of the country --so sad

Doesn't matter who we sign if the corrupt cabal is not removed from running Scottish football we will not be allowed to win anything or even compete , if we don't speak up we are looking at 10*iar , the board has massively let us down ,

No club will be immune from COVID-19 particularly as it will be a while before we see full stadiums. Rangers will be no different and we need to be very astute in the transfer market.
Not once did I say we were immune all I pointed out that we will be fine.

We won't be spending big money in the current climate. Nobody in Scotland will.
No one in the world will with the exception of 2/3 clubs but even then, the market has been made redundant for the next 6-9 months.

It’s actually now more worth tacking the gamble IMO! Hagi we cheaper for example, if we are smart enough and gamble on 3 players who would have cost 5 million each but get for 3 each then we could be in a very different place to others

No one in the world will with the exception of 2/3 clubs but even then, the market has been made redundant for the next 6-9 months.

It’s actually now more worth tacking the gamble IMO! Hagi we cheaper for example, if we are smart enough and gamble on 3 players who would have cost 5 million each but get for 3 each then we could be in a very different place to others

The key word here is gambling, we should not be doing that. Remember that we still need loans from the directors to see us through. Hopefully though with better sponsorship deals, European money and better scouting, we will become more self sufficient.

It must be said that securing Ianis Hagi is a great start.
There’s a couple of his pals in the Romanian national team who might be worth a punt at a relatively low price.
And let’s also hope there is some talent in the Southampton Academy that Ross can help us get our hands on.

Would love Florian Coman at Steaua, can play on the left or up front. But i'd imagine he'll be going for good cash soon. Romanian and Serbian market always has some real top potential players in them.

Problem with our squad , too many are just that , a squad player , they dont shine

Spme of the first picks are shaky, Tav and all the CH get wobbly only Bona shines in our back 4.

Kent been disappointing generally , Arfield come and goes , Jack shine but injury prone , cause by way he plays !

Defoe looks his age sadly , and Alfie slumped , and still not scored in an OF

Ones out on loan , Hastie and Docherty both have pace , and Jones has a player in him .

Academy boys need be assessed for first team squad , Patterson for instance did not look out of place.

The key word here is gambling, we should not be doing that. Remember that we still need loans from the directors to see us through. Hopefully though with better sponsorship deals, European money and better scouting, we will become more self sufficient.
Ross Wilson has already made a good point the other week on expanding the scouting department. I think lots will go under the radar from now on and boom out of no where. Obviously there will be rumours that the business the club is in. But think there will be 2 or 3 big surprises coming our way. Not saying daft money on has been but just got that feeling its different both on Ross Wilson's side and commercially aswel under James Bisgrove

Ross Wilson has already made a good point the other week on expanding the scouting department. I think lots will go under the radar from now on and boom out of no where. Obviously there will be rumours that the business the club is in. But think there will be 2 or 3 big surprises coming our way. Not saying daft money on has been but just got that feeling its different both on Ross Wilson's side and commercially aswel under James Bisgrove

The situation now makes a mockery of spending £7m on Kent. Today you could get 3 X top players for that

Sadly nobody at the club is a clairvoyant :)) .

Just one of those things. You've just got to accept it. I thought £7 million was a lot at the time but I also thought we'll easily make that back on Kent and some, when clubs down south come sniffing round in the next couple of seasons. I still believe that to be the case.

Back