House of Fraser joins the banned list

Once one of the classiest retail outlets on the High Street.

Now to be run by the most classless kvnt ever to sell from a barra!!!

Jabba has his slimy fingers in everything and if you were to completely boycott every tainted business you would need to stop shopping.

Pants,
I worked in HOF on Buchanan Street from 1996 to 2003, I went from a quiet 16 year old school boy from Airdrie, through University and I even flew home from working in Banking in Frankfurt when 22 and 23 and worked my Sunday shift in Frasers as all my friends were there.

Great memories and great people, Andy who used to phone me up in Geordie Accent and ask for a large order of nonsense to be sent to metro store was reason internal transfers were cancelled....who before admin I go to Euro games with.

At wedding there were 40 women/old dears who were like family who were at the Brig o Doon in a mini bus after working the Saturday shift.

Met various people, All Saints (very first night), Jill Dando, Corrs, Jackie Bird (trollop), Shereen/Kirsty Young. Billy C, Rab C, women from Taggart Blyth (asked for long matches!), Fiona Phillips, Kay Adams, Stellios from Easy Jet Natalie Imbruglie/Emma Harrisons neihbours, Mark Philapousos, Tony Vidmar, Lionel Charbonnier, Numan, Gio, Walter, Ottmar Heitzfeld, Jimmy Nicholl (gave 20% off his order as McStay missed penalty), Gattuso, Ian Ferguson, Reyna, Alex Ferguson, Michael Ball, Amo (day he was stripped of captaincy with his mum and dad), Sergio P who bought 4 cups and saucers for £500 and not to forget Michael Mols who I got to know well.

Was a great place to work, though now it will be John Lewis for me.
Quite a list.

McCrorie once held the door open for me in there last year

89% of the company was sold 4 years ago for £480M, and he's got the lot, buildings and stock, everything a few years later for £90M. Whatever we think of Ashley, he is one of the most shrewd and successful businessmen around, and he hasn't done this out of the good of his heart. He won't give Rafa a dime for transfers but has just paid £90M CASH, CASH for a failing retail company.

He will 100% turn the company around and use his power to pressure the bigger brands into cowing down to him. It was only a couple of years ago he was selling Levi's jeans in Sports Direct for £20 a pair!

The Man is a balloon. It was his 10% holding that dragged down SD share price. He thinks he can turn around House Of Fraser by filling full of tat like USC Firetrap and all that pish.

Glasgow store is iconic part of Buchanan Street. Imagine having it turned into a jumble sale by that Fat tosser. Glasgow is famous for its shopping and it has just went massively downhill with that news.

Really depressing to think of The Fat Bastard's tat polluting the magnificent interior of that iconic Glasgow store. :(

Sickening, always make a visit when back in Glasgow & top up on stuff unavailable in Texas,
Will need to find an alternative, f*** that fat parasite.

Just hope he gets his fingers burnt like his holding in Debenhams, seems he’s lost the touch, Fat Slug!

The problem with that is that people will lose their jobs, as it is that the employees will find their T&Cs and their pensions attacked for no other reason than because he can.

Who is gonna buy a pair of sports socks in HoF for £20 when you can go to his other flea market shop and get the same 6 pair for £3

Pants,
I worked in HOF on Buchanan Street from 1996 to 2003, I went from a quiet 16 year old school boy from Airdrie, through University and I even flew home from working in Banking in Frankfurt when 22 and 23 and worked my Sunday shift in Frasers as all my friends were there.

Great memories and great people, Andy who used to phone me up in Geordie Accent and ask for a large order of nonsense to be sent to metro store was reason internal transfers were cancelled....who before admin I go to Euro games with.

At wedding there were 40 women/old dears who were like family who were at the Brig o Doon in a mini bus after working the Saturday shift.

Met various people, All Saints (very first night), Jill Dando, Corrs, Jackie Bird (trollop), Shereen/Kirsty Young. Billy C, Rab C, women from Taggart Blyth (asked for long matches!), Fiona Phillips, Kay Adams, Stellios from Easy Jet Natalie Imbruglie/Emma Harrisons neihbours, Mark Philapousos, Tony Vidmar, Lionel Charbonnier, Numan, Gio, Walter, Ottmar Heitzfeld, Jimmy Nicholl (gave 20% off his order as McStay missed penalty), Gattuso, Ian Ferguson, Reyna, Alex Ferguson, Michael Ball, Amo (day he was stripped of captaincy with his mum and dad), Sergio P who bought 4 cups and saucers for £500 and not to forget Michael Mols who I got to know well.

Thats an impressive list of celebs mate.....expect a call from bbc asking you to be a contestant on Strictly come dancing

Gutted, I do all my shopping in House of Fraser! :rolleyes:
I will just need to use John Lewis from now on. Deleted my Frasers app and opted out of their marketing emails. That fat man has had some impact on my retail habits. I look forward to the demise of his business and his health as well. Not necessarily in that order and I don’t post that lightly.

The Glasgow store would be a prime property for flats or an upmarket hotel.No need to keep the properties in the retail sector.
Unlikely to get planning as it has been one of the main shopping offers in Glasgow for decades.

If you think Ashley put up £90m to make a loss,then think again.
No matter what we think of him,he won't be going anywhere fast in the near future.
What he's doing to us is a personal fight against King and to be honest,any boycott from us won't even pierce his business model.

Our best chance is that the fat cvnt drops from a heart attack.

I’ll smile that day

Glasgow store is iconic part of Buchanan Street. Imagine having it turned into a jumble sale by that Fat tosser. Glasgow is famous for its shopping and it has just went massively downhill with that news.

SD and HOF, what a contradiction in terms that is. A barrow boy will never operate HOF to,its current standards,

89% of the company was sold 4 years ago for £480M, and he's got the lot, buildings and stock, everything a few years later for £90M. Whatever we think of Ashley, he is one of the most shrewd and successful businessmen around, and he hasn't done this out of the good of his heart. He won't give Rafa a dime for transfers but has just paid £90M CASH, CASH for a failing retail company.

He will 100% turn the company around and use his power to pressure the bigger brands into cowing down to him. It was only a couple of years ago he was selling Levi's jeans in Sports Direct for £20 a pair!

He'll be able to sell the stock for more than £90m and have all the rest for free.

I remember talking to my friend who was ranting in town about his SD jumbo sales and how he would never walk in one again.. Goes next door to tesco metro and buys a drink.

You'd be easier telling people which shops are safe to shop in, the list would be less

I can't believe that Jenners, which is IMO the most iconic shop on Princes Street, will be turned into one of the biggest jumble sale venues in the UK. As a child I always thought Jenners was for the posh folk, my nana informed me our money was as good as theirs. It'll now become a haven for the tramps and spoonburners.

There are flats across the road above the HSBC bank with an entrance on Buchanan St.
Yes however that HOF store is seen as one of the key retail units that’s extremely important to tying the city centre offering together.

I hate this man, he is like the richest chav in the world who just buys what he wants and ruins it. Let’s hope someone finds him out and he goes to jail one day.

I know the novelty will wear off, but wouldnt it be strange nipping into Frasers on Buchanan Street for a £3 golf umbrella, a down market pair of trainers and shin guards. (won't be me by the way, I will never step foot in there again).

Gutted about this because I've bought a lot of gear out of there over the decades.

I'd rather walk down Buchanan street wearing a bin bag than anything purchased out of one of his shops.

Pants,

Absolutely brilliant, you must be the name dropping champion of Britain.

Buchanan Street was the last of the grand old shopping streets in the town. This could kill it, certainly the bottom end.

I used to shop there once upon a time but haven’t done so in 14/15 years. A boycott should be easy enough, for me.

Can you give me a full list of the businesses he has shares in?
Not off the drop off my head but it’s not difficult to find it with a bit of research. I avoid Frasers, Debenhams and Tesco, as well as his Tat Emporium because I do know off the top of my head. I don’t have to worry about Flannels or Cruise (2 stores I used to frequent long before he got involved) because I live in London but there are ample other stores to starve the parasite across a number of his enterprises.

That's bad news, HoF was a shop i used when back home in Glasgow, enjoyed both shopping for myself and xmas shopping for family. Now the horrible parasite will turn it into the largest jumble sale or charity shop in UK. Replace Ralph Lauren Polo's on the shelf's with Lonsdale sweatshirts.
This horrible man who seems to enjoy doing his best to cripple Rangers, will get zilch from me.
I want shot of everything Spivs Direct, Ashley, the SD signage around Ibrox and the embarrassing excuse for clothing in our Megastore.

With the obnoxious fat slob in charge, this once proud establishment faces extinction.
Used to go in there to see the Xmas tree. Imagine it this year. Entire families resplendent in their trackies running up and down the stairs.

Back