House of Fraser (Fat Mike Ashley) now taking Pre-Orders for Castore Kits - Do not buy from there

Have you?
According to various sources the only way we got SD to not try and match the Castore deal was to give them this deal. Leaving us free to sell our shirts how and where we want at a deal that suits us.

Never remember reading that in Rangers statement. Im sure I heard we where well clear of Ashley.

Im also not passing opinion as fact.

I honestly don’t know what it is about this that people don’t get. Ultimately we’ll make good money, and crucially, people do have the capacity to decide not to buy their kit from either SD or House of Fraser.
Regardless, it sounds like we had no option. There is a great interview on 4lads where it is all laid out. The club didn’t say anything because it didn’t want to rock the boat in case it set the fat man off again. Which is understandable.

Never remember reading that in Rangers statement. Im sure I heard we where well clear of Ashley.
I don’t think we ever categorically said we were or weren’t? I can’t recall exactly.
I get what you mean. The club have maybe been economical with the truth, but ultimately we are clear of matching clauses and Ashley gets a period of selling where I would assume other retailers (outside us and Castore) can’t sell it.
On the face of it, that’s a good deal. But it should’ve been made clear

If it was part of a short term deal to get rid of the fat mess, then it’s completely worth it.

Nobody with a brain will buy from them anyway.
Gers store online crashed because people went there trying to buy the new kit.

Lots without brains it seems

That’s actually a good point mate.
I wouldn’t have knowing they were selling if it wasn’t for this thread.
That's the thing, some idiots were cancelling orders the other day because he was advertising the fact he was selling them.
He's bought an order off Castore, we benefit but you don't have to buy from him.
It just creates confusion amongst the support and the ill informed. Ignore him.

What price is Cashley getting these shirts for ?

If he has negotiated a discount, he will definitely undercut the Rangers Store.
Castore made a deal with the club that Ashley didn't want to match there's no legality or any reason for Castore to give him stock at a preferential discount to compared to any other supplier

Castore made a deal with the club that Ashley didn't want to match there's no legality or any reason for Castore to give him stock at a preferential discount to compared to any other supplier
The Castore guy cleared it up on his latest interview with 4lads. Ashley didn't match the Castore deal but demanded some stripe to sell.

It may be that it was part of the agreement to stopping court actions, we don't know.

Buy direct and the fat man doesn't earn a penny.

Unless he has agreed to shift them by huge volumes ?

If he undercuts the Rangers Store, plenty will buy from him.

Castore need to get the kits back on pre-order, especially the kids/mini kits because only having them on Frasers currently is a total fucking own goal and I don’t care how anyone tries to justify it.

The uneducated in our support will see this and think “Och I’ll just get it from Frasers” because there is nowhere else to get it from just now. A fucking shambles.

Castore need to get the kits back on pre-order, especially the kids/mini kits because only having them on Frasers currently is a total fucking own goal and I don’t care how anyone tries to justify it.

I nearly pre-ordered it myself there. Read on twitter mini kits were available then thought I'd check on here to see what the deal with Rangers not making the kids kits available yet as don't want to miss out on one. Completely forgot Ashley was involved with HOF.

Why was the Castore presale limited to 50,000 shirts? Why not 100,000 or 200,000 or whatever? Castore are saying they'll have another 200,000 in August so no real difference in time to the presale.

The uneducated in our support will see this and think “Och I’ll just get it from Frasers” because there is nowhere else to get it from just now. A fucking shambles.
100%

And if he undercuts the Rangers Store, there are plenty who will use SD to save a few bucks.

The club will still get a royalty, but this will do nothing to help permanently sever our links with the fat cnt.

This 100%

100%

And if he undercuts the Rangers Store, there are plenty who will use SD to save a few bucks.

The club will still get a royalty, but this will do nothing to help permanently sever our links with the fat cnt.

It’s a total cunts trick from Ashley doing this on House Of Frasers website and not Sports Direct because he’ll be counting on some people in our support not actually knowing that he owns there also. You still get folk in our support thinking it’s ok to shop in Cruise and Flannels.

If you consider how bad a position we were in with the retail deal then this is a very minor inconvenience. We can buy strips online or in the Rangers store without ashley getting a penny, any strips sold by ashley still make the club as much money.

The club should maybe have anticipated the fans reaction to this and addressed it in advance to avoid the mad panic on launch day.

Im also not passing opinion as fact.

4Lads interviewed the castore founder and asked him specifically.

What Sports Direct looked for in order not to exercise their legal right to match was an ability to sell a limited number of Rangers product, as occurs commonly with club kit partners and high street retailers, again that is not in any way strange of different and would be the case in other deals.

I dont see thehuge issue with this to be honest

The 4lads interview with castore cleared this all up. The strip is going to be on sale at many retailers including greaves, sports direct Frasers and others

We make money on ALL of these sales. Frasers and sports direct have obviously paid castore X to receive Y strips.

Obviously we make more if purchased direct from castore / rangers so we just need to ensure our fans play smart

How many people are honestly going to buy strips from House Of Frasers? It will be in the hundreds, if that

At the end of the day he is buying from Castore which means we are getting paid by him.
It’s not like he is paying us 50p a shirt or some ridiculous sum like that as he was before under the crooked deal.
We are getting the same amount from Castore per shirt no matter who end retails it.
I know that the vast majority of our support will go nowhere near the fat man’s retail outlets.

At the end of the day he is buying from Castore which means we are getting paid by him.
It’s not like he is paying us 50p a shirt or some ridiculous sum like that as he was before under the crooked deal.
We are getting the same amount from Castore per shirt no matter who end retails it.
I know that the vast majority of our support will go nowhere near the fat man’s retail outlets.

He will still make a profit. No Rangers should be fan lining that bastards pockets.

Why are we limiting pre orders? Can we not sell them and give an estimated arrival date if we won't have them for the 1st August?
Marketing

We will release the other strips similar to first kit think about three strips at 50k * 60 =3 mill =9 mill quid to castore

We get what 4 Mill up front plus percentage of any steps sold.

We have a good deal with them and we will make a lot from them

Other than it being Ashley, who the %^*& is going into house of frasers to buy a football kit? He has no concept of marketing.

Other than it being Ashley, who the %^*& is going into house of frasers to buy a football kit? He has no concept of marketing.

Exactly

It's really odd that fairly clued up posters on here are getting worked up at this, and actually slating castore

Mike Ashley could be personally selling these strips from a Barra for 30 quid. Only someone who's on the glue, and flew in from Saturn would buy anything off the guy. I don't get why some folk find this difficult. The boy from Castore explained the situation. Buy from anyone but Ashley's outlets. It's really that simple.

4Lads interviewed the castore founder and asked him specifically.

What Sports Direct looked for in order not to exercise their legal right to match was an ability to sell a limited number of Rangers product, as occurs commonly with club kit partners and high street retailers, again that is not in any way strange of different and would be the case in other deals.

There you have it.

The position the club is in now regarding Kit suppliers and retail partners is where it should be. It has been normalised. Excluding a high street retailer would not be normal and whilst we all hate Ashley it would clearly be detrimental to our young and growing retail partner to do so (we need them to succeed in order for us to benefit in the medium and perhaps long term).

If someone had told me we would be in this position a few months ago I'd have thought it a fantasy. Our best result this season as we go on to next.

What I don't quite understand is if this is such a "normal" deal why was it supposedly the main factor in Sports Direct not exercising their right to match Castore's deal?

I think you are right in what you are saying.

If some of our support have to wait for their kit from buying direct but they can get them from fatman straight away , they will buy from fatman.

It is not a normal deal as Castore are giving Rangers £3m minimum no matter what happens.
On top of that we get a cut of every sale made and it would appear that the money is distributed on receipt.
If you read the interview from Tom Beahon they are budgeting for sale 500,000 shirts this season which will produce about £30m in revenue.
Presuming RFC cut of these sales is nothing less than 30% we are looking at another £10 million.
As long as there is no difference in the amount returned to Rangers for any shirt sale carried out by any retailer supplied by Castore

Last edited:
Back