How are the Tims you know dealing with this?

Winning on Wednesday will be glorious but the fallout that would follow will be even sweeter. How they have went on about their glory days back in 67, for me this would be eclipsed by winning a modern day tournament that is much harder to win.

Back in the day most teams were on a similar financial playing field and the competitions were a lot smaller. Today some of the clubs that we have played against have overtaken us on a grand scale financially.

To win the trophy for me would be one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time and don't they just know it, this is truely bigger than what they did in 67.

I am retired now so very fortunately I don't have to interact, engage or converse with any of them for work or any other purposes anymore.

If I had to my question to them would be,
(no matter what the score is turns out to be on Wednesday), "How's that Seville Suite doing at Parkhead these days?".

All of them in the work are surprisingly silent considering.

It’s like that scene in Starship Troopers when Neil Patrick Harris puts his hand on the brain bug B-D

MiserlyGlitteringHamster-size_restricted.gif

The mentally challenged across the road from me has had a tricolour out his top window since they won the league. Trying to antagonise me but u keep trying to not let it. Have kept my front blinds shut since then as it gives me the dry heave

A bloke at work has suddenly outed himself as a rhat, going on to me about the OF games.
I said to him, why do you support them as you don't have a Scottish or Irish name. He stated its because I am Catholic. I said if you support a team because of your religion why are you a palace fan then and not a Man utd or Everton fan.
Unable to answer that question he bumbled away about hoping we get beat and it is a second rate final.
He will be one for the watching.

Missus da is genuinely bealing. Kept winding him up saying we didn’t need the league because we would just win the Europa, this was back before we played Dortmund and he kept laughing it off. Now he’s starting to panic, especially because it’s in the fabled ‘Seville’.

All his grandwains will also be Rangers fans as well so he’s got that to look forward to.

A lot of my Celtic supporting mates haven’t said a thing since we got past Liepzig. Us getting to the final has seriously scunnered them.

A good mate of mine messaged earlier with:

'I can't believe I'm a few short days away from watching Rangers win the Europa League. What has life come to?' B-D:))

The only response I'm seeing on social media is the old I hope you don't wreck Seville line. I mentioned in another thread that if we win the cup and the best fans award they will be crying themselves to sleep for months

I don't associate with any off them. Hower normally I'd have been tagged on f/b with some shit about league, not a single thing this year its their worst title ever.

He seems ok , he says obviously I want ye to lose but ye will never get a better chance , so I think you will win it . I’d say that was fair on the surface ,
Our manager is a bear , reckons 2-0 Rangers but I’ll just go with the flow

They all had a blast at the weekend, a couple even goading bears on FB.

But now, in the cold, hard light of day, when the time is slowly creeping by, with the final edging closer, their fear is increasing by the second. One of my closest childhood pals is certain we're winning it and is dreading it.

We're nervous, but it's nothing close to how terrified they are.

The one I work with who I am happy to talk football with is pretty moderate with his views considering the dregs of society that support his team.

All along he has said "I hope you get to the final then lose" as it is the best result for the coefficient without us winning European trophy. He's been very complimentary about our European performances too.

One I know is actually a decent bloke, if we were playing them he’d want them to win, else he genuinely wants us to win it. Decent bloke but to be fair he’s not a big football fan even though his allegiances are to them.

Two other ***s I know are just that. Bhitter scumbag barstewards one I never talk to cause he’s a bitter rabid scumbag, he’s a keyboard warrior, he’s on here I’m sure but I don’t know his user name and the other a ST holder at Torbett Towers i am sure they are both consumed night and day with the pain of thinking “what if”.

If we win I won’t work it up any of them. I’ll just let my smug silence echo around their polluted skulls.

Guy I work with is a STH at the paedodome.

He says 'aye its great for Scottish football' and all that shite patter, but I can tell inside he's really hurting.

I'm a SUCH a bad winner. Screw all this 'be magnanimous in victory' pish. We've been taking bucketloads of their 1967 shite for years now.

I have no hesitation in saying I'll be ramming it down his throat every opportunity I get.

Over here the mutants are trying to pass themselves off as ordinary everyday people by hiding the green and grey monkey suits but somehow you can always tell them apart, smell/ cleanliness/ low IQ you know the usual give aways.

Guy in my work told me yesterday he’s convinced he’s starting to go off his food and isn’t sleeping great, openly admitted he’s terrified we win it :D

In fairness though did wish those of us a good trip and to enjoy ourselves and acknowledged we thoroughly deserve to be there.

Ones I know think this is every bit as fated as I do.

Also, I cant help but laugh at the posts saying 'I dont associate with any of them'. What ludicrous nonsense. If you live in the west of scotland, have family, a job and more than 10 friends or associates then yes you almost certainly do.

I know very few, I interact with even less. I’ve a Hibs supporter mate though who likes to wind me up if we even so much as drop two points , even he’s now fully on board with wanting us to win and has been quite complimentary with praise.

A bloke at work has suddenly outed himself as a rhat, going on to me about the OF games.
I said to him, why do you support them as you don't have a Scottish or Irish name. He stated its because I am Catholic. I said if you support a team because of your religion why are you a palace fan then and not a Man utd or Everton fan.
Unable to answer that question he bumbled away about hoping we get beat and it is a second rate final.
He will be one for the watching.

1888, they started a chain of Events that changed football in Scotland by signing Roman Catholics only because the Irish who came over mostly due to the famine were vulnerable to becoming influenced by Presbyterians.

YET, we are the Bigots. Since their inception they have played the sectarian hate card.

They stole the Hibs players due to that card, also with promises of being pub owners when they signed and when their career was done.

The penny has never sunk in with them but not one media or television company will tell the truth.

It's no them, it's us, they say. Fuukin Utter Bollocks.

My mate would usually be phoning drunk after winning the league, posting on the WhatsApp group but nothing just deadly silence... Its almost like he is scared or they are scared we might win this especially in their sacred place. That sacred place were they actually lost a final.

If win, it will genuinely break them. It will rip all of their enjoyment of winning the title right out of them. Which will be lovely to see if we do.

I’m with one here in Fuerteventura,he’s not mentioned it once,been in the Irish bar (Step Inn)with him,every time I bring it up they change the subject.
Loving it.

Over here the mutants are trying to pass themselves off as ordinary everyday people by hiding the green and grey monkey suits but somehow you can always tell them apart, smell/ cleanliness/ low IQ you know the usual give aways.
Surely you can easily spot them over there with the amount of toes poking out the flip flops :))

A few I know and ones from my extended family just don't talk about it ,a couple of them said congratulations but hope to phuck yous don't win it

Various Facebook posts and messages suggest they are not handling it well.

I think they are more nervous than us!

I only know one but he’s as bitter as they come. For years his social media has been Broony, Tricolours and the usual pish. There was one post this season when they won at Ibrox but not even a peep at winning the league. :shh:

They are terrified of tomorrow night and it will end them when we lift that trophy.

I've already told the one I know that this whole OF thing will be over if we win, they will be the new Aberdeen who think they are our rivals but they aren't really.

He doesn't like that :))

One guy I know constantly on about septic this and septic that, haven't heard a single word from him, nothing on social media, I'm not even sure he's still alive at this rate. if he's alive he is hiding better than Osama did.

In my work there's a good number of bead rattlers,and not a peep from any of them. Fckn shiting themselves. Bring it home Rangers.

All of them in the work are surprisingly silent considering.

It’s like that scene in Starship Troopers when Neil Patrick Harris puts his hand on the brain bug B-D

MiserlyGlitteringHamster-size_restricted.gif
I haven't heard a peep, seen a tweet/facebook post/ from any of them!

Back