How can McLeish say Scotland started brightly?

jdm1873

2 nil down in 10 minutes and he says that Scotland started brightly? As much as I like McLeish he shouldn't be the Scotland manager.

He's been hopeless for a long time and his choice of Grant and McFadden is a joke.

Sooner he leaves the better. It was clear the players didn't understand their instructions before the game. His choice of squad was terrible as well.

2 nil down in 10 minutes and he says that Scotland started brightly? As much as I like McLeish he shouldn't be the Scotland manager.

He's been hopeless for a long time and his choice of Grant and McFadden is a joke.

Sooner he leaves the better. It was clear the players didn't understand their instructions before the game. His choice of squad was terrible as well.
It's the one's who put him in charge that are to blame. Would you have said "no thanks, I've been shite for years" if you were him?

I think the team picked should have beaten that lot but not the team I'd have picked. The worst one was not playing McTominay. He just ran the show in Paris ffs.

When Burke ballooned it over the bar in the second half, "peace process" comes out with "Olly looked like he could have been Scotland's match winner early on."
For the first two minutes then.

He can say what he likes but only loonies will believe what he is preaching

Shite celtc haddy goalkeeper

Some guy I've literally never heard of at right-back;
Aberdeen haddy McKenna;
Bates, second division of German football, can't pass the ball the length of himself, like his defensive partner;
A central midfielder who plays for Aberdeen and kicks things.

That was Eck's defense. I don't know what planet he's on.

Scandalous appointment , not mcliesh fault but for the love of god either resign or be terminated .

You are a rangers legend for first to 50 and helicopter Sunday you do not need this Scotland stuff in your life .

Naw, be terminated thus upsetting their financial plans !! :)

I hope he stays because he can at least make the point, if he has any balls at all, that his hands were tied behind his back having not had access to all potentially available players - AND WHY !

Big Eck is now resembling The Boxer that can’t let go.

Just one more fight then another then another.

Seen his interview pre match an he just looked like a man lost

If he's still in charge by the end of 2019 I'll be amazed.

Whatever managerial talent Eck had, it's gone. It's been gone for years. If anything he's getting increasingly worse.

He just does not have it.

Big Eck must be on borrowed time, a shame, he should never have been appointed in the first place, he's done.

Malky the Racist is still very firmly calling the shots at Hampden. Alex should tell them to ram it and go on his terms before the ignominy of being sacked.

Not 100 % here but there were reports the assistants were already picked before eck got the job and he said he was fine with it.

Management is a young man's game now. Eck should never have been appointed, he is old news. Having said that, the talent at his disposal is the worst it has ever been in my lifetime, that doesn't help matters...

Whatever the result against San Marino, he should call it a day as Scotland manager.
The whole set up needs changing, including the hierarchy.

Big Eck is done. Has been for years should never have been appointed.

The blind leading the blind

Has to go after a result like that, should be a clear out at the sfa too
I want him to stay and heap as much pain on the SFA and SNP supporting Tartan Arm as possible.

Management is a young man's game now. Eck should never have been appointed, he is old news. Having said that, the talent at his disposal is the worst it has ever been in my lifetime, that doesn't help matters...

No, an ex Rangers manager shouldn't have went near a job that is riddled with cancer, called anti- Rangers.

I will not pillory McLeish, but hell mend him for agreeing to a pension fund he actually doesn't need, whereby he is fcuked by whatever wind the Rangers haters blow.

Eck’s managerial career has been an absolute disaster since the admittedly very impressive feat of winning the League Cup with Birmingham in 2011.

I was amazed he was asked to take the national job tbh. Now I’m surprised he needs the hassle in his life to hang around.

Walk away ffs man.

Reactions: TQ3
Not 100 % here but there were reports the assistants were already picked before eck got the job and he said he was fine with it.

He had Grant as his assistant at Birmingham, Villa and Nottingham Forest so is assume that was his choice.

Eck’s a decent man and shouldn’t have to put up with this sort of thing.
I still want to see Scotland do well but anyone who can get a tune out of squad like that isn’t going to be Scotland manager for long.

Apparently McLeish has some health issues. He looks a shadow of himself. As much as I have zero interest in Scotland he's on a hiding to nothing in charge.

Back