How can McLeish say Scotland started brightly?

looplou

Big Eck is done. Has been for years should never have been appointed.

The blind leading the blind

Has to go after a result like that, should be a clear out at the sfa too
I want him to stay and heap as much pain on the SFA and SNP supporting Tartan Arm as possible.

wee bud's pit boots

Management is a young man's game now. Eck should never have been appointed, he is old news. Having said that, the talent at his disposal is the worst it has ever been in my lifetime, that doesn't help matters...
No, an ex Rangers manager shouldn't have went near a job that is riddled with cancer, called anti- Rangers.

I will not pillory McLeish, but hell mend him for agreeing to a pension fund he actually doesn't need, whereby he is fcuked by whatever wind the Rangers haters blow.

GeeGee

Eck’s managerial career has been an absolute disaster since the admittedly very impressive feat of winning the League Cup with Birmingham in 2011.

I was amazed he was asked to take the national job tbh. Now I’m surprised he needs the hassle in his life to hang around.

Walk away ffs man.

Reactions: TQ3

Smkz23

Not 100 % here but there were reports the assistants were already picked before eck got the job and he said he was fine with it.
He had Grant as his assistant at Birmingham, Villa and Nottingham Forest so is assume that was his choice.

Oleg_McNoleg

Eck’s a decent man and shouldn’t have to put up with this sort of thing.
I still want to see Scotland do well but anyone who can get a tune out of squad like that isn’t going to be Scotland manager for long.

Ger572

Official Ticketer
Apparently McLeish has some health issues. He looks a shadow of himself. As much as I have zero interest in Scotland he's on a hiding to nothing in charge.

Amato Turn

It's the one's who put him in charge that are to blame. Would you have said "no thanks, I've been shite for years" if you were him?

I think the team picked should have beaten that lot but not the team I'd have picked. The worst one was not playing McTominay. He just ran the show in Paris ffs.
By no stretch of even the most vivid of imaginations did McTominay "run the show in Paris."

Forza_Napoli

Its baffling why hes left so many decent players out that play down south out for spl jobbers is madness how Barry Douglas and Tom Cairney aren't in that squad I'll never know also fleck and mctominay are no the bench when both in great form is stupid

Radish

Unbelievable the amount of people that accepted this appointment on here.

Horrible appointment

skyelander

Agree he doesn't look very well. He gave us as Rangers fans some of THE best memories we'll ever have, but football has moved on and he really should have stayed well away from the Scotland job. Why put yourself through all that inevitable grief? A poor poor squad of players, but he picked them at the end of the day. It's a shame for the big fella but he should walk away while his health is ok because that job will definitely have an affect on it.

Business_Bear

Wish no harm to the guy but he should be nowhere near that job. He's going to be absolutely humiliated by certain scumbags in the media over the next few days.

stonewall Jackson

He looked shell shocked and hardly could put a sentence together at both interviews after the game. The press will slaughter him tomorrow and it doesn't get any better even if he beats San Marino.

ANDYFORR59

Should never have been given the job.
1. Yesterday's man
2. Not a great coach
3. Walked out on Scotland to join Birmingham.

TheCatTheHat

McLeish should be put out of his misery. He is not a well man and has to go. Sad watching a man who is so far out of his depth , through no fault of his own , continue to make us an absolute laughing stock. It’s sinister as feck from the SFA.

jdm1873

He played a shit defence, attacking midfielder and attacking front line. But really none of the players were that good.

None of the midfield were really ball winners either.

They didn't know what they were doing so the buck stops with McLeish.

Mikey

San Marino is the worst possible team to play after the result tonight. It’s a no win game.

He really should have been sacked on the spot after this. He should resign and retire in peace. He gave us some great days.
Resign and get no money? Would you?

jdm1873

San Marino is the worst possible team to play after the result tonight. It’s a no win game.

He really should have been sacked on the spot after this. He should resign and retire in peace. He gave us some great days.
Your 100% correct.

Win by five or six and it's expected, win by one or two and the team are useless.

For his own sake he has to go now.

The Royal Standard

It’s up there with the worst results in Scotland’s long list of totally embarrassing results.
Personally , turned my back on the national team in the early 90s so couldn’t care less now .

True Blue

No interest in the Scotland national team, though hate to see AM going through this, albeit by his own choosing. He deserves to be remembered for the trophies he delivered for us and helicopter Sunday.

Johnny Fontane

2 nil down in 10 minutes and he says that Scotland started brightly? As much as I like McLeish he shouldn't be the Scotland manager.

He's been hopeless for a long time and his choice of Grant and McFadden is a joke.

Sooner he leaves the better. It was clear the players didn't understand their instructions before the game. His choice of squad was terrible as well.
I think he's had too many bangs on the head as a player and it's starting to catch up with him now. He looks like a shadow of the guy who managed us.

spirit_of_93

I watched this earlier. Not sure why it’s McLeish’s fault Kazakhstan players bossed Scotland all over the park, maybe they are just better players that’s exactly how it looked.

jdm1873

It’s up there with the worst results in Scotland’s long list of totally embarrassing results.
Personally , turned my back on the national team in the early 90s so couldn’t care less now .
Don't blame you. Not been back since 2010.

I watched this earlier. Not sure why it’s McLeish’s fault Kazakhstan players bossed Scotland all over the park, maybe they are just better players that’s exactly how it looked.
Players have to take the blame as well but the tactics and team selection were rotten.

Players didn't look like they knew where they were playing or what their role was.

Shinnie who was rotten hasn't played full back for years. Look at that squad the bench has two killie players and Morgan who's on loan at Sunderland and has been rotten and not completed 90 mins yet.

He's clueless.

spirit_of_93

Don't blame you.

I st

Players have to take the blame as well but the tactics and team selection were rotten.

Players didn't look like they knew where they were playing or what their role was.

Shinnie who was rotten hasn't played full back for years. Look at that squad the bench has two killie players and Morgan who's on loan at Sunderland and has been rotten and not completed 90 mins yet.

He's clueless.
What team would you have picked?

No great alternatives on the bench that I could see.

It really just looked to me like Kazakhstan had a better defence, better midfielders, and forwards who could bury a chance when it arrived.