How can McLeish say Scotland started brightly?

It's the one's who put him in charge that are to blame. Would you have said "no thanks, I've been shite for years" if you were him?

I think the team picked should have beaten that lot but not the team I'd have picked. The worst one was not playing McTominay. He just ran the show in Paris ffs.

By no stretch of even the most vivid of imaginations did McTominay "run the show in Paris."

Its baffling why hes left so many decent players out that play down south out for spl jobbers is madness how Barry Douglas and Tom Cairney aren't in that squad I'll never know also fleck and mctominay are no the bench when both in great form is stupid

Unbelievable the amount of people that accepted this appointment on here.

Horrible appointment

Agree he doesn't look very well. He gave us as Rangers fans some of THE best memories we'll ever have, but football has moved on and he really should have stayed well away from the Scotland job. Why put yourself through all that inevitable grief? A poor poor squad of players, but he picked them at the end of the day. It's a shame for the big fella but he should walk away while his health is ok because that job will definitely have an affect on it.

Wish no harm to the guy but he should be nowhere near that job. He's going to be absolutely humiliated by certain scumbags in the media over the next few days.

He looked shell shocked and hardly could put a sentence together at both interviews after the game. The press will slaughter him tomorrow and it doesn't get any better even if he beats San Marino.

Should never have been given the job.
1. Yesterday's man
2. Not a great coach
3. Walked out on Scotland to join Birmingham.

McLeish should be put out of his misery. He is not a well man and has to go. Sad watching a man who is so far out of his depth , through no fault of his own , continue to make us an absolute laughing stock. It’s sinister as feck from the SFA.

He played a shit defence, attacking midfielder and attacking front line. But really none of the players were that good.

None of the midfield were really ball winners either.

They didn't know what they were doing so the buck stops with McLeish.

San Marino is the worst possible team to play after the result tonight. It’s a no win game.

He really should have been sacked on the spot after this. He should resign and retire in peace. He gave us some great days.
Resign and get no money? Would you?

San Marino is the worst possible team to play after the result tonight. It’s a no win game.

He really should have been sacked on the spot after this. He should resign and retire in peace. He gave us some great days.

Your 100% correct.

Win by five or six and it's expected, win by one or two and the team are useless.

For his own sake he has to go now.

It’s up there with the worst results in Scotland’s long list of totally embarrassing results.
Personally , turned my back on the national team in the early 90s so couldn’t care less now .

No interest in the Scotland national team, though hate to see AM going through this, albeit by his own choosing. He deserves to be remembered for the trophies he delivered for us and helicopter Sunday.

2 nil down in 10 minutes and he says that Scotland started brightly? As much as I like McLeish he shouldn't be the Scotland manager.

He's been hopeless for a long time and his choice of Grant and McFadden is a joke.

Sooner he leaves the better. It was clear the players didn't understand their instructions before the game. His choice of squad was terrible as well.
I think he's had too many bangs on the head as a player and it's starting to catch up with him now. He looks like a shadow of the guy who managed us.

I watched this earlier. Not sure why it’s McLeish’s fault Kazakhstan players bossed Scotland all over the park, maybe they are just better players that’s exactly how it looked.

It’s up there with the worst results in Scotland’s long list of totally embarrassing results.
Personally , turned my back on the national team in the early 90s so couldn’t care less now .

Don't blame you. Not been back since 2010.

I watched this earlier. Not sure why it’s McLeish’s fault Kazakhstan players bossed Scotland all over the park, maybe they are just better players that’s exactly how it looked.

Players have to take the blame as well but the tactics and team selection were rotten.

Players didn't look like they knew where they were playing or what their role was.

Shinnie who was rotten hasn't played full back for years. Look at that squad the bench has two killie players and Morgan who's on loan at Sunderland and has been rotten and not completed 90 mins yet.

He's clueless.

Don't blame you.

I st

Players have to take the blame as well but the tactics and team selection were rotten.

Players didn't look like they knew where they were playing or what their role was.

Shinnie who was rotten hasn't played full back for years. Look at that squad the bench has two killie players and Morgan who's on loan at Sunderland and has been rotten and not completed 90 mins yet.

He's clueless.

What team would you have picked?

No great alternatives on the bench that I could see.

It really just looked to me like Kazakhstan had a better defence, better midfielders, and forwards who could bury a chance when it arrived.

What team would you have picked?

No great alternatives on the bench that I could see.

Cooper of Leeds has been excellent overlooked. Current captain of Leeds and better than McKenna and Bates.

Douglas of Leeds now back fit and came on for Leeds. Surely better to have a proper left back involved?

Mctominay should have started.

Cairney of Fulham should be involved but there is an issue just now which needs sorted.

Matt Richie is another - issue needs resolved.

James Morrison is still good enough.

Fleck is in great form as well.

4-3-3 was a crazy formation with no defensive midfielders so they walked through us.

Some great debate on here , my opinion he should not be in the job now , shocking result, but more So if a few posts on here are to be believed Alex is not a well man , I for one hope the big mans ok

Some great debate on here , my opinion he should not be in the job now , shocking result, but more So if a few posts on here are to be believed Alex is not a well man , I for one hope the big mans ok

Is this not just the rumour that has flown about for years.

Getting beat off a half decent side then aye mcleish should be questioned, but the 11 players he put out, tactics or not btw, should have steamrollered a team of that quality 100%
And %^*& the SFA whilst I'm here typing lol

Maybe his comments regards starting brightly were deliberate to aid the SFA getting rid of him with a payoff rather than leave.

Cooper of Leeds has been excellent overlooked. Current captain of Leeds and better than McKenna and Bates.

Douglas of Leeds now back fit and came on for Leeds. Surely better to have a proper left back involved?

Mctominay should have started.

Cairney of Fulham should be involved but there is an issue just now which needs sorted.

Matt Richie is another - issue needs resolved.

James Morrison is still good enough.

Fleck is in great form as well.

4-3-3 was a crazy formation with no defensive midfielders so they walked through us.

Cooper made himself unavailable I'm sure a number of months back.

Shite celtc haddy goalkeeper

Some guy I've literally never heard of at right-back;
Aberdeen haddy McKenna;
Bates, second division of German football, can't pass the ball the length of himself, like his defensive partner;
A central midfielder who plays for Aberdeen and kicks things.

That was Eck's defense. I don't know what planet he's on.

I totally agree but the problem is who is there that’s any better lol

I actually thought McLeish would have done OK at Scotland even 2nd time around. However, he just hasn't. I think the Scottish team is utterly fucked. The SFA will never appoint a manager strong enough to make the changes and decisions needed to make the team better. The same piles of shite keep getting picked despite their constant and regular failure.

The need to appease the a mass portion of the thicker support has led us to constantly picking a bunch of no hopers.

Just give it up Eck. Wasting your time working alongside the piece of shit SFA and the Tartan Army.

Apparently McLeish has some health issues. He looks a shadow of himself. As much as I have zero interest in Scotland he's on a hiding to nothing in charge.

I've no inside knowledge but I actually thought he was ill too. A total shadow of the man he was. It's sad to see and for his own good I hope he gets to hell out of that poisoned chalice of a post. You don't need it Eck.

I've no inside knowledge but I actually thought he was ill too. A total shadow of the man he was. It's sad to see and for his own good I hope he gets to hell out of that poisoned chalice of a post. You don't need it Eck.

He’s maybe just older now than he was when he managed us. He’s 60 ffs it doesn’t mean he’s ill.

I’m just glad no Rangers players were involved in today’s disaster. Our game is a shambles from top to bottom. That’s what you get when the people running the game bow to one chairman and one team, and other chairmen are content with being in the top league and an occasional cup run. It’s not going to get better soon either, at least not until we get some balance at the top table, and the SFA and SPFL stop caving in to the wishes of one man

I don't think McLeish should have been given the job in the first place but the players need to take some flack here too. First of all, that team tonight should be beating fucking Kazakhstan. Secondly, the players who pulled out or let their club pull them out because of the pitch need to take a hard look at themselves. I guarantee that if this was the World Cup or Euro's they'd have been playing.

Latest posts

Back