How can SG pick Flanagan over Patterson on Sunday???

It is absolutely a myth mate.

Because he is so, so poor with the ball/attacking then folk seem to pretend he is some solid defender. Tav is a better defender but you won’t hear that truth because he doesn’t do “brexit tackles”.

Never seen a solid defender make so many mistakes and get caught out so much when defending is his only job.

Brexit tackles :D :D :D

Patterson has not been tested defensively yet. Looks ok going forward, but I expect SG put him in v Stranraer because they would have no attacking threat. Hearts will be different, there will be times when they come forward and will pinpoint the rookie as they attack.

Flanagan is not ideal but I think we have no other alternative for Sunday.

Patterson’s time will come but not just yet.

It's a pity we don't have a Candeias-type to play on the right. I don't think Aribo offers much in the way of protection to an attacking full-back.

Patterson’s development career so far is very impressive - but throwing an 18 year old (with zero top flight experience) into an away game at one of the “physical” teams is the league is wreckless at very least. Any potential issue involving him could be damaging to both the player and our title hopes. Not the time to be experimenting.

Lets get real about this, Patterson has shown promise but he has played against Lokomotiv Tashkent, who lets be honest, are shite, plus it was a bounce game and then he played well against Stranraer, again be honest, a part time team.

Big, BIG difference at Premier League level.

Lets get real about this, Patterson has shown promise but he has played against Lokomotiv Tashkent, who lets be honest, are shite, plus it was a bounce game and then he played well against Stranraer, again be honest, a part time team.

Big, BIG difference at Premier League level.

St Mirren are hardly world beaters...

experiance I would presume ....

Patterson will eventually fall into character though

Tynie is the narrowest pitch in Scotland. This will be more like rugby league. Ideal for robust no nonsense experience eg Flanagan.

Today’s shambles puts an end to the not the time to play a youngster garbage we keep hearing on here. I’d sooner okay Patterson over someone who has proved time and again that they aren’t good enough.

Today’s shambles puts an end to the not the time to play a youngster garbage we keep hearing on here. I’d sooner okay Patterson over someone who has proved time and again that they aren’t good enough.
They played 3 boys who Patterson plays at youth level and wipes the floor with.

Back