How Can We Let BT Know We're Not Happy With Commentators?

How can I let you know I’m not happy with you unnecessarily capitalizing all the words in your thread title?

The lady's front bottom at the first game was worse. Rory Hamilton is it? Spooging himself because that lot scored
Was that the septic game? I never ever watch them and put the first half hour on hoping they would get a hiding, anyway, tge commentator went apoplectic when septic scored! I mean it was bizarre! I switched it over after that, Obviously one of them. Then I watch our game and when Alfredo scores the commentator reacts like we’ve won a corner! He was the same a roofes goal last week!

Noone is impartial - so you will always be disappointed. Its an abstract theory in itself.
They try and balance it by having Ally, for example, on as an analyst.

And Ally is good at his job and gets called all sorts for not being biased enough. lol

Rob McLean is as dull as dishwater, it comes across like that too in his commentary, I thought Rae and Craigan were particularly annoying last night, this constant over analysing things when play is raging on is ridiculous.

Pretty sure Craigan knows a thing or two about football as a former player, coach and players union rep.

Really? Is this the same Craigan who couldn't understand why we kept Aribo on the bench for an extra few minutes when we were pressing and penning Lech in? He literally questioned the thinking process and we scored like 10 seconds later, the guys a grade a prick, and a stupid bastard to boot.

Why are you so offended by what a commentator says? I honestly couldn’t care less.
If you want to send me a few quid every day I'll send you abusive messages if you want mate.

Why would you pay them to listen to arseholes talk down your team?
The reality is, you wouldn't if you weren't forced to to watch Rangers.

I dunno, it was fairly typical - journalists and commentators in the UK have shocking knowledge of European football.

I think they expected us to turn up and blow Lech away and were surprised when it was a tough game.

His title is correct though
OK, but it isn’t.

“Apart from the first letter of the first word, no words in the title are capitalised unless those words would normally bare a capital. Only the first letter of the first word in a sub title is capitalised.”

Therefore, the correct title should’ve been:

‘How can we let BT know that we’re not happy with the commentators?’

"It's fine, I don't see a problem"

"why you getting bothered about this, are you not an adult?"

"You know you can just not watch it, right?"

"Just press mute, not sure how people live every day complaining"

You're all missing the point entirely, it's not a free service and they make money from us.
what dafty is actually paying to watch football on the telly these days!?!? :))

Bet you the commentators weren't as bad as our fans on the match thread.

Have a look through the match thread and see how many should be kicked off that, if that's the route we're going down.

We even get posters on here moaning about how the english commentators are biased towards english clubs and during the wc, yet this is exactly what some want.

Rob mclean said the roofe goal was sheer magic, but that wasnt good enough for some. Go see a doctor or psychologist if things like a commentator are causing so much grief. Just to remind everyone, we won 1-0 and have 6 out of 6. Perfect start to the group.

Rob McLean shouldnt be anywhere near Rangers games no even 3 mins of highlights or radio coverage.

I also dont really understand why people think the op has no right
to start a thread and give his opinion on coverage hes probably paid for. Its perfectly fine to be delighted with the team/result but slightly annoyed by a commentator that clearly didnt enjoy it.

It makes no difference what we win this year, how we play, how far we go in europe, rob mclean will always be biased. Is it a dislike or a way to protect his job and career in Scotland ? i dont know but i have always hated him. I doubt anyone could remind us of a time working for bbc or setanta when he didnt behave like a supporter or seem gutted anytime Rangers win/Celtic dont.
Rob MacLean is an Aberdeen fan so by definition he is not sympathetic to Rangers and probably that’s what we’re picking up in his negativity or at least lack of enthusiasm.

Why are you so offended by what a commentator says? I honestly couldn’t care less.
I know, it's unbelievable mate. Fs.
Craigan is a wanker but the op said 'it's not possible to listen to them and remain calm'. I did.
Yes, they can ruin the game a bit but ffs, imagine letting it get to you like that.

I don’t usually get involved in these posts as a lot of the noise and gnashing of teeth is often far too much.

BUT last night McLean annoyed me a lot. Not at our goal which was fine to be honest but he really played down Poznan towards the end and seemed to be willing them to score.
You do realise mate that he can will them to score all he wants but it won't make a difference?
You do get that?
Jeezo.

People were posting last night that they were deliberately saying things in the hope of jinxing us. :eek: :))
Crocker does that every time we play on Sky especially when are winning, despite apparently not having any interest in us or them he says

what I don't get about BT is why does it always have to be Rob? most people here would prefer somebody random and BT have plenty of them doing matches in the CL/EL. There must be somebody there who can go up to Ibrox or do one of our European away games?

Maybe don't point out other peoples grammar mistakes while seemingly being unable to form a proper sentence yourself, and stick to the topic at hand instead of going off on mad rants.

We pay BT, we should at least get an impartial view. RTV actually has a new commentator for most games so clearly the club have listened to feedback. Again, this is nothing to do with the OP. Feel free to reply to this but you're either drunk or confused so I'll be leaving it and sticking you on mute :))
Clive has nothing to do with fan feedback, it's purely down to us being allowed to televise our home games and so ramping the production up. Tom is also still doing RTV commentary.

KT and Alex Rae have also both been part of RTV and BT sports coverage.

OK, but it isn’t.

“Apart from the first letter of the first word, no words in the title are capitalised unless those words would normally bare a capital. Only the first letter of the first word in a sub title is capitalised.”

Therefore, the correct title should’ve been:

‘How can we let BT know that we’re not happy with the commentators?’

I'll keep that in mind the next time but regardless of my error surely the topic is relevant.

Stream I watched had some English commentator, don't know who, who continually referred to Clark when he meant Kent. Annoying? Mildly, yes. Infuriating? No.

Don't hear McLean very often except when watching Rangers. Not very enthusiastic-sounding, but I wonder is he the same if commenting on Scotland or celtc or the sheep.

Would love to have the guys who commented for ITV during the UEFA cup run back. "Manchester brace yourself - RANGERS ARE COMING!!!!!"

That's how a commentator should sound when given the privilege of commenting on The Rangers

I'll keep that in mind the next time but regardless of my error surely the topic is relevant.
Lol I was only joking when I posted it so this isn’t aimed at you.
It’s for the poster who claimed I was wrong :)

Some of the threads on here are mentally challenged like.

Offended by fuc**n everything.

Yeah some of them not all of them the threads or comments you agree with about the media are allowed thats ok thats fine... if its someone you enjoy listening to or dont have a problem with thats obviously tim behaviour.

Stream I watched had some English commentator, don't know who, who continually referred to Clark when he meant Kent. Annoying? Mildly, yes. Infuriating? No.

Don't hear McLean very often except when watching Rangers. Not very enthusiastic-sounding, but I wonder is he the same if commenting on Scotland or celtc or the sheep.

Would love to have the guys who commented for ITV during the UEFA cup run back. "Manchester brace yourself - Rangers ARE COMING!!!!!"

That's how a commentator should sound when given the privilege of commenting on The Rangers

He’s exactly the same for every game and has been for about 25 years.

"It's fine, I don't see a problem"

"why you getting bothered about this, are you not an adult?"

"You know you can just not watch it, right?"

"Just press mute, not sure how people live every day complaining"

You're all missing the point entirely, it's not a free service and they make money from us.
Well don’t subscribe to it and you will save money and your blood pressure it’s your choice. Personally I don’t have any issues.

Crocker does that every time we play on Sky especially when are winning, despite apparently
What? Crocker says things in the hope he jinx us?

He a complete tool, but surely people are not so superstitious to think Crocker is thinking if he says, Rangers have gone 5 games with losing a goal, it will mean some vodoo will jinx it and cause us to lose a goal.

I honestly don't see the issue with Rob McLean, he seems fair to us and praises us all the time!

He's constantly praising the team & SG on Go Radio too...

They actually played his commentary from the game about 6 times on their Friday show as they were taking the piss about how shocked & excited he was at Roofes goal.

He actually affects my mood watching the game. I am already mega anxious watching European games and his surge in excitement when opponents get into the final third is no good for my heart.

Spend a fortune on Virgin/ Sky / BT and I despise listening to Andy Walker commenting on Rangers on Sky. I did feel that last night was poor. They were a decent team and we won yet again. I don't want anything like Sutton telling us that every kick of the ball by Celtic is amazing and hard to do. But I'd like to see bit more from the commentators. Somewhat negative and generally rubbish last night. Disappointed that we did not get more from Alex Rae.

Back