How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is genuinely the worst I’ve felt about a result since we lost to Hibs in the cup final.
I’m sitting at my desk broken today

I have to say I'm the same, I've tried telling myself that that coming back from 2-0 down to draw or throwing away a 2-0 lead both only give you one point and had the situation been reversed I'd feel a lot better but there's something about the way the team collectively shat the bed that really worries me.

Reactions: BWO
Apparently they were gash last night. I think it will all come down to who wants it more and I fancy us to win

Its a final anything can happen.

But after watching our defence last night im dreading it tbh. The thought of that lot winning yet another trophy makes me feel sick.

Please Rangers everyone turn up and win the game!

If the tims turn up and we have a off day it could be anything. We need them t have a off day to give us a chance. The 2 centre halfs up against eduard and Christie making runs in behind in giving me the fear! Never know tho final anything can happen!
What a load of pish

We have never been hammered by any team under Gerrard, twice we have been beat by 2 goals under his reign, every other game we have always been in.

After watching that surrender last night, not that confident now.
Can we match their passion and sheer hatred for the full 90 minutes ? That is what will decide it.

If the tims turn up and we have a off day it could be anything. We need them t have a off day to give us a chance. The 2 centre halfs up against eduard and Christie making runs in behind in giving me the fear! Never know tho final anything can happen!

Jesus Christ. We play like we did first half yesterday we win simple. If you want to dread it on last night's performance than fine we dropped 2 points, if we snatched a winner Tims would be dreading it, took them to last kick to beat a very poor Hamilton side at the Piggery, both teams had off nights we just happened to be punished.

I was pretty confident until about 9pm last night. Without going overboard, if we lose meekly on Sunday I can’t see Gerrard being here next season. One more big game failure and any chance of us winning the title is gone for another year.

Jesus Christ. We play like we did first half yesterday we win simple. If you want to dread it on last night's performance than fine we dropped 2 points, if we snatched a winner Tims would be dreading it, took them to last kick to beat a very poor Hamilton side at the Piggery, both teams had off nights we just happened to be punished.
A see your point but they had a few players out last night. What am getting at is, we know Eduardo Julian ellynousi boli will al start and if we play as sloppy as we did in the second half and Celtic okay as well as the can it will be a long day. Can’t say it wint

A see your point but they had a few players out last night. What am getting at is, we know Eduardo Julian ellynousi boli will al start and if we play as sloppy as we did in the second half and Celtic okay as well as the can it will be a long day. Can’t say it wint

Not fussed who they had out, they played Hamilton at home. If we are as sloppy as last night then yes we will get beat but the OP said we need Celtic to have an off night, that is utter bollocks.

Not confident especially after last night. Come Sunday, I will be 100% up for supporting the team. Just hope the team give 100% +

Not as confident after last night's game, but the players now know, if they didn't already, they need to step up and give 100%, for the full 90mins.

Reactions: VGM
It goes one of 2 ways.

1. Our confidence is shattered and we get penned in and lose by a couple

2. We use last night as a kick up the arse to maintain our best play instead of only for 1 half, we get a massive reaction and deliver us the LC trophy.

Im going for the latter

As confident as i was before last night. I still think the tims have the edge on us but on our day we can have them. Depends what sort of day we have a on Sunday.

The team never “turned up“ the other night against the sheep, I think if they turn up on Sunday and play the way we know they can play. I think we have a good chance of winning but we’ll need every man on that park to play with a 100% concentration and effort for 90 minute, no excuses this time, let’s get into them.

I am terrible at these games never been confident. Actually I shouldn’t even go because I sit and get uptight the whole game.

I’m naturally pessimistic and was never even confident when we clearly had the better squad and would win most of those fixtures, so I’m sure as hell not going to be confident about Sunday.

Not if we play both Goldson and Helander. Hard to believe we have four good CDs and will play the two that are off form. SG better hope these two do the business for him when he chooses them or we've no chance.

The nerves have just hit me like ana absolute tonne of bricks in the last half hour or so.

Can feel it in the knees and hands which is my sign for when I’m nervous as fuck.

I don’t know if I’m confident or not yet, I only really feel that within the first few minutes of the game.

With how I feel at the moment it’s as if I’ve never wanted us to win a game more in my entire life.

My concern would be the knock on effect a defeat would have on the rest of our season. First real challenge in a huge week and we stumbled spectacularly, really feel that the confidence of this squad would be obliterated if we lose.

Still have massive concerns about our mentality.

If we grow a pair of balls and take the game to them then we win.

We were meek when we lost 2-0 earlier this season. That cannot happen again.

If we keep running they'll keep chasing.

I’d be more confident if Katic and Edmunson we’re playing.
Nonsense.

they’ve never played a competitive game together to my knowledge and ifthey have it’ll have been to a team that weren’t even at our level

Legia,Feyenoord and Porto not matter?

Was there huge expectation on the team in those games though? I feel like in Europe we are almost underdogs in that arena and we operate better under those conditions.

This management team and squad still have to show they can consistently handle significant domestic challenges where there is a huge amount of expectation and pressure, there’s been far too many false dawns in the last two seasons.

We’ve had one or two flashes (the two OF games at Ibrox last season especially) but they are outnumbered by the times we’ve failed to deal with the situation which just adds to the ‘mentality’ debate.

It’s strange but I feel better now than if we had hammered Aberdeen 5 - 0 the other night. If we had I reckon the ‘experts’ would have had us down as favourites. Prefer to be the underdog.

Our results in Europe show that we shouldn’t be afraid of anyone. Gone are the days when if we had gone a goal down to the likes of Porto or Feyenoord I would have thought ‘that’s us fu***d’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back