How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the gaffer learned from the last game at Ibrox and does not give them the chance to dominate early doors i have feeling we will win. We have no need to fear them at all.

When we played them at Ibrox we got it all wrong including the attitude. I right kick in the balls! We don’t fear them and they’re not as good as they think they are, attitude, fight and we win the game. %^*& them I’m sick of the cvnts! Get stuck in play our game and we win! Same goes for the piggery at the end of December!

I never get my hopes up for games against them. You end up too disappointed if we lose. I think this one is 50/50. The thought of losing it is making me feel sick.

The law of averages they must lose a cup tie at some point why not v us.

I keep thinking this but it just serves to remind me how disgusting and ludicrous it is that they have been allowed to go 30 cup ties in a row unbeaten . A quite sickening stat .

I’ll be able to tell after 20 minutes of the final if we are about to end their run or not . If not it will be a huge blow and a sickener mind you .

Kent and Morelos are two huge upgrades on what we fielded at Ibrox. If Kent can give us 90 minutes like his last ten minutes in their midden after we gifted them the lead we will score hundreds!

I do worry about their guy on loan from Southampton and Christie. They carry the threat from them.

Thumbheid and brown on the park at full time after we’ve pumped them please. If karma exists we are owed that.

Not caring about staunch points
I’m never confident ahead of these matches
55/45

Very confident.
We need to all believe we can do it. Coaching staff, players, fans, everyone.
Let’s lose the apprehension and negativity and approach it with total confidence.
It’s amazing the difference a positive mindset can make.

I don’t think there is much between the teams. The experience of finals and Hampden gives the filth that little edge imo.

If we have the mentality 100% spot on on the day, then it’s 50/50.

I’m very confident but it might go to extra time.

I think a few goals finishing 3-2 to Rangers with El Buffalo scoring in his first Old Firm game. This will be the day that the tide finally turns for us.
He’s played lots of Old Firm games.

It's a genuine 50/50 game. There's nothing between the two sides so the game itself will come down to fine margins.

By the time the morning of the game comes around though I will think we are going to win 5-0! :D :D
This for me. Absolutely nothing between the two sides.

But styles make fights, and the biggest single mismatch in any part of this game is our strength at attacking set pieces. We’ve been so, so good at that this season.

It’s not enough of a reason to make us clear favourites or anything, but just worth noting IMO.

We didn’t show up for the last one which still grates.

Can usually tell in first few minutes how it will go.

Hope we come out the traps.

50/50 but on the morning I’ll be fancying us heavily.

I hope we go for the jugular and play our way. No more mistakes like Ibrox this season please.

A win is huge, huge for us. The psychological benefit cannot be understated.

Hard to be over confident, and there's not much to base that on unfortunately. However, I do think we will win. The size of the pitch could help them though as on the counter they hit you hard with runners from everywhere.

Anyway, they have to lose a final at some point.

Its doable. If we are at it from the start. High tempo, play our football with no crazy unforced errors and with lady luck looking down us, God willing we will beat these Khunts.

I've always been pessimistic when we play them, I think it's just the fear of losing to them more than anything!

I think we can beat them if we play our game. The game at Ibrox earlier in the season The Manager changed our system when he didn't need to. Just play our game and don't fear them. I think it'll be close, we just need the rub of the green on the day.
I couldn’t have written that myself.

As you say, we play to the best of our abilities with a bit of luck added in we can do it.
8-0 Rangers :D

This for me. Absolutely nothing between the two sides.

But styles make fights, and the biggest single mismatch in any part of this game is our strength at attacking set pieces. We’ve been so, so good at that this season.

It’s not enough of a reason to make us clear favourites or anything, but just worth noting IMO.

Goldson or Helander anytime worth a bet? :p

Given the two teams are evenly matched, if you're looking at it objectively then Celtic with their experience are probably slight favourites but that's not to say we can't or aren't more than capable of winning. If we play at our maximum, we will be very hard to stop but they'll also be thinking the same. It's just going to come down to who plays better on the day and who makes less mistakes.

In Kent though, we probably have the biggest potential match winner on the park. He genuinely seems to revel in these games and terrifies them to the point they actually don't know how to stop him. If Kent is at his best and Alfie has his shooting boots on, then we have every right to be confident.

For us to win (and this isn’t just against the poets) we have to be on it from the first minute.

Jack controlling from minute one and we’re a very hard team to beat.

Shaky start and I’ll be concerned. I’m quietly confident but have to admit going forward they’re pretty dangerous.

Personally I think the only thing there players have over us the now is most of there players have been there a done it won a few things. We only really have Davis and McGregor who’s won trophy’s with us.

If it’s last 15 mins 0-0 have we got it in us to dig deep and stop the rout? A bloody hope so!!

Tight game could even go al the way again

Goldson or Helander anytime worth a bet? :p

Given the two teams are evenly matched, if you're looking at it objectively then Celtic with their experience are probably slight favourites but that's not to say we can't or aren't more than capable of winning. If we play at our maximum, we will be very hard to stop but they'll also be thinking the same. It's just going to come down to who plays better on the day and who makes less mistakes.

In Kent though, we probably have the biggest potential match winner on the park. He genuinely seems to revel in these games and terrifies them to the point they actually don't know how to stop him. If Kent is at his best and Alfie has his shooting boots on, then we have every right to be confident.
Honestly, I would consider it. We're the best team in the league at corners and free kicks by a good bit over Motherwell, and then there's an absolutely enormous chasm down to the next best teams (Livi, Hearts, Celtic).

On top of that, defending set pieces is Celtic's one clearly defined weakness - 51.2% of their xG conceded comes from set pieces. Now that's an admittedly small sample size because neither us or them defend corners very often, but it's over twice the percentage we concede (20.2%) and it's the worst of any team in the league (second is Killie, 29.2%).

Like you say, the two teams are so very, very close that it's not decisive one way or the other. But if we do win the game, this is probably the way we do it.

All stats per Modern Fitba.

I think it’s as clear a 50/50 as there is.

Yep, this for me too. Too close to call this time given the form of both teams.

And anyway, even when we’re on top form, I’m never too confident against them. Always a tortuous, nervous experience until the final whistle blows and we’ve won.

Im not getting too carried away we were extremely confident going into game at Ibrox and we were shite however they didnt play us off the park they havent done in last 2 seasons so i just hope the players go in with the right attitude and if we play our game we have the players to hurt them

Kent and Morelos are two huge upgrades on what we fielded at Ibrox. If Kent can give us 90 minutes like his last ten minutes in their midden after we gifted them the lead we will score hundreds!

I do worry about their guy on loan from Southampton and Christie. They carry the threat from them.

Thumbheid and brown on the park at full time after we’ve pumped them please. If karma exists we are owed that.
Christie type player and wide right with Nae Neck I feel are the only areas where they maybe edge us just now.

Arfield/Aribo has potential to be a good number 10 though and hopefully Ojo/Jones can really step up and own that right hand side of the front 3.

I believe we can beat them in the final - but it’s the game up in sheepville that I’m more worried about!!!! ...... the impartial referee giving out straight red cards to Morelos and Kent all in the name of sporting integrity could potentially affect our team selection and chances of beating them... I will be monitoring this game with interest

Comparisons to the 1st game at Ibrox don’t really tell us much, we went narrow because Gerrard didn’t really trust his wide options at the time IMO. That made everything too congested for us, we couldn’t stretch them laterally as we had no natural width and couldn’t stretch them vertically as it’s not Defoe’s game.

That congestion in midfield led to Goldson’s mistake as there was no clear pass on and we try to play out from the back most of the time.

We now have Kent and Morelos will surely start so those two should create more space in midfield. Helander and Kent have improved us, Borna has kicked on. What we could be doing with is Aribo/Kamara making the 3rd midfield spot their own and Ojo/Arfield/Jones doing the same for the other attack position.

Any win for Rangers will be a huge confidence booster and help us with league campaign too

I’d love to pump them but I’d take a win on pens if necessary as it hurts them and stops the rot re them winning cups

Team needs to keep winning until we play them and get the job done on cup final day

They have a team who have won a lot of trophies and have the mentality but that run has to end sometime and I hope it’s on 8th Dec

Winning the LC will be a huge psychological boost for the whole club and could be the catalyst for 55 this season.

I really hope we do it and put these cuunts back a step or two

Sounds obvious but if we turn up like the game at Ibrox this season, we’ll get beaten.

However, just cannot see us having that attitude or the same mistakes being made in terms of line up.

Tight win in 90 mins for me but possibly need ET.

I'm feeling quietly confident about it, given how piss poor we were with the god awful tactics and selection it took a 90th minute error for them to seal the game at Ibrox.

The paedo scums grip on Scottish football will end this season and it will be Alfie that deals the damage.

That last performance against them has put an uneasy feeling over me to be honest that being said, If we turn up we will turn them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back