How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams are very evenly matched, it’s going to be down to who turns up and wants it more. Play like we did in September and we lose, they play like they did in 3 of the games last season, we should win.

My biggest worry is that we need to start the game well which we sometimes don’t do, first goal will be vital as always.

I’ll worry about it on the 5th Dec after playing the sheep away the night before.

More important games coming up before we play those c*nts

SG knows how big a game this is and has it permanently on the back burner, thinking about team selection and tactics. Rangers will be highly motivated big time for this game.

My only fear is that we lack focus and concentration in the first 10-15 minutes and let them dictate the flow of the game. However, we have the players, the pace and the firepower to cause serious damage to their defence. Hopefully, its the latter.
If anything we are more switched on in the first 10-15 mins. This year we have started the game at a fast tempo and tried to knick a early goal.

My concern is if we are 1-0 up with 15 mins to go that’s where we struggle to hold on imo.

Our best game is good enough to beat them, especially as they'll try and play football and leave gaps. That's when we're at our most dangerous......providing we set up to hurt them this time.

I'm 50/50. Very very little between the teams. The filth are very confident due to our shit show at Ibrox but I think we'll see a very different match this time, with both teams going for it.

Sit back, we will lose. Chase them and close them down then we will win. Don’t give them any respect on the park. Focus on the game, not the cup.

We must have a plan to win the game and the confidence to execute said plan on the day.

Hopefully the pain of the Ibrox non-performance will ensure there is no repeat

I’m putting a bet on of 3-1 to us with Alfie as the first scorer.

That lot of been banging on too much recently about Alfie not scoring against them.
I just feel Alfie is gonna ram that shit right down their throats

We know we can't"turn up", like we did last game against them, from the manager's,and the players point of view!, we won't let them play and dictate the game! it's about what WE do on the day, and l fancy us.

It’s going to be a classic. Two good teams fighting it out for trophies.
How I have missed such occasions. It’s good to be back and I’m proud to support this team and the gaffer.
Bring it on

We have a chance but only if we press and play at a much higher pace than we sometimes do. Also there is the mental barrier to overcome where our players have to show they are winners, so far it's all been bluster and talk from our players and supporters, ( regarding what we are going to do) the time has come to back it up on the park!

I'm not confident - but nor am I fearful.

For a short period there was a time when I went into these games fearing the worst. Fearing an 'embarrassment'. Last time I was at Hampden was the 4-0 SC semi-final defeat. A horrendous day.

These days we KNOW we can match them. We have nothing to be fearful of. On our day we can beat them, and beat them easily. On their day the reverse probably applies. It will all come down to who has it right on the day. As it should.

No 'experiments' Stevie G. Let's just go out and play the Rangers way.

Oh, and we have a few important games yet before we even get to thinking too much about the final. Lets deal with them with as little fuss as possible first.

Last edited:
If the manager, staff and team are confident then I think we should be too.

we set up to avoid defeat last time and it didn’t suit us and it cost us badly.

Depends how we approach the game.

Play like last season’s home performances and we’ll do them, this season and we’ll struggle again

The only thing they have over us is playing in finals and dealing with that pressure. They do have good attacking options. On the day it will come down to keeping christie quiet and us wanting it more than them. Every faith in this team to bring us our first major piece of silverware.

People think that mob have turned into a terrible team over night yes we have improved but they could punish us if we aren’t at the races. Let’s hope the defeat against them at Ibrox could be the best thing that happened to us this season.

60/40 for me. We need to bring our A game, not make any stupid mistakes and take our chances. If we do, we have enough to win

mentally challengeds played in 5th gear against us. And couldn't go up a level after that.

We never stepped out of 2nd, looked half ar*ed, and Gerrard got the tactics wrong.

They got a goal from a bad Tav mistake, and then a 2nd on the break that I could have scored.

If we play at 5th gear, I am confident.

mentally challengeds played in 5th gear against us. And couldn't go up a level after that.

We never stepped out of 2nd, looked half ar*ed, and Gerrard got the tactics wrong.

They got a goal from a bad Tav mistake, and then a 2nd on the break that I could have scored.

If we play at 5th gear, I am confident.
Was Goldson who made the mistake, mate.

Both teams can blow hot and cold, so it really depends on team selections and who turns up on the day.
Bookies are around 4/7 them 5/4 us, personally I would be 10/11 each of 2.

Firmly believe that if both teams are at their best then we're the better side. However there's not much in it. So we need to have our strongest team, have everyone up for it and ready to run through fucking walls, be aggressive, be clinical when we get chances, and be focused at the back. If we do that then we'll win. And I'm confident that Gerrard will have us ready. The previous failures he's experienced against them will have stung him. He's not the type of man who will settle for being second best to Neil Lennon FFS...

If we hadn’t done a no show at Ibrox earlier I’d be saying 100% confident.

That terrible display in the last OF fixture has me sitting 50/50 now, if truth be told.

If we hadn’t done a no show at Ibrox earlier I’d be saying 100% confident.

That terrible display in the last OF fixture has me sitting 50/50 now, if truth be told.

I get where you’re coming from, but the last OF game doesn’t worry me that much. We didn’t turn up and whilst it was a bit shit they still didn’t steamroller us the way some quarters would have you believe. We gifted a goal and then got caught trying to chase the game.
I’d have been more worries if we’d had our strongest team out, played well and took a doing. But we had selection %^*& ups and we simply didn’t show up. I don’t think either of those things will happen again.

Think I'm sitting at about 60/40 in favour of us right now. We've improved since we last played them for me. Barisic has found his form, we've brought Kent & Helander into the fold, other players have settled, and I believe the management team have been consistently finding solutions and learning from mistakes this season.

Only downside is they've also been getting good results. Can't argue with 2 wins over Lazio & qualifying from their Europa League group. One individual mistake could be the decider in a game like this, which is the area we've let ourselves down with in the past. Going to be a cracker I feel.
When I was a wee boy i was too wee to go to the 1986 skol cup final v the scum , same in 1990 . So this final I’ve been waiting for over 30 yrs . The winter dark game under the Lights , even 3pm ko . Through back to the good old days . So for me it has to be a 2-1 victory although it will go to ex time

I genuinely believe we’ll want this more.

Our manager has a fantastic record in Cup Finals and I think he’ll drum it into them just how much this means to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back