How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team must play the way we know they can stop letting that lot bully them and if we can have a wee bit or big bit ( that's the option for me ) of " let's rip the pish out of brown " then the strangle hold these fcukers hold can be brought to a close

I thin we’ll win it 2-1.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barišić

Jack
Kamara
Davis

Arfield
Kent

Morelos

Arfield looked better dropped back into midfield today. Maybe Stewart up front instead. But it would be harsh on Kamara to drop him for Arfield.

Obviously we all have different opinions but Arfield up at that position doesn't cut it for me.

Not very. That's maybe a good sign though. Wasn't very confident the last two times we beat them, then was mega confident for the game at Ibrox this season when they beat us. I worry for our centre halfs with Edouard and Tavernier with the Norweigan fella Elyounoussi. I just hope we get on top of them and play high tempo. Do that we win.

Am actually pretty confident we'll beat them gonna be 90mins of torture watching the game though a hate watching old firms nerves rip me apart there horrible games to sit through

There is nothing between the sides, we could play each other 10 times and win 5 apiece.

Not confident, but also not worried, we can definitely beat them.

I've always been pessimistic when we play them, I think it's just the fear of losing to them more than anything!

I think we can beat them if we play our game. The game at Ibrox earlier in the season The Manager changed our system when he didn't need to. Just play our game and don't fear them. I think it'll be close, we just need the rub of the green on the day.
It's been the one blot on the season. We made them look good. However, I am very much of the mindset that you need to learn to fail or fail to learn and since I think SG has done well in terms of decision making. Heard a lot of their fans referring to that game and it's giving them false sense of security. I am happy to hear that. We will not be as passive again.

You mean we didn't get out of 1st gear ? they were at it right from the start yet we were still in the game even though we couldn't have played any worse and we didn't have Kent, Morelos or Barisic

Totally different this time

They had Bitton and Hatem elhamed playing in defence and were there for the taking but we didn’t lay a glove on them. We also had home advantage. Also, apart from today, we’ve scraped through in many games after awful performances and have some players woefully out of form.

They had Bitton and Hatem elhamed playing in defence and were there for the taking but we didn’t lay a glove on them. We also had home advantage. Also, apart from today, we’ve scraped through in many games after awful performances and have some players woefully out of form.

Really ? pretty sure we have smashed quite a lot of teams this season in the spl, you said apart from today as if every other game has been a struggle ?

I’ll wait to see how we survive the hammer throwers and ref at Pittodrie before I decide.
A fully fit and available squad, i’d Be confident.
I think it will be tight but probably quite a few goals. maybe 3-2.

There is nothing between the sides, we could play each other 10 times and win 5 apiece.

Not confident, but also not worried, we can definitely beat them.
I am the same I can’t split the teams in terms of quality.like I said earlier in this thread I just have this wee voice in my head that the run of victories in cup games for them is going to end and it’s going to be us that does it.

I thin we’ll win it 2-1.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barišić

Jack
Kamara
Davis

Arfield
Kent

Morelos
When you look at that side, I don’t think we can go with anything any stronger (although big Katic is still entitled to feel aggrieved).

Point being - if that XI isn’t good enough to beat them in a one off game at Hampden then we’re going to have to strengthen even further, which is a sobering thought.

However, as I’ve posted elsewhere in this thread, I don’t think Gerrard will make the selection mistakes he made last time, nor will he suffer the flat level of performance we had last time.

Chase them down all over the pitch. Smash a few of them when we get the chance. Keep it high tempo. Concentrate at the back (Tav!). Be clinical the way the best striker in the country can be. And it will be ours.

Comparisons to the 1st game at Ibrox don’t really tell us much, we went narrow because Gerrard didn’t really trust his wide options at the time IMO. That made everything too congested for us, we couldn’t stretch them laterally as we had no natural width and couldn’t stretch them vertically as it’s not Defoe’s game.

That congestion in midfield led to Goldson’s mistake as there was no clear pass on and we try to play out from the back most of the time.

We now have Kent and Morelos will surely start so those two should create more space in midfield. Helander and Kent have improved us, Borna has kicked on. What we could be doing with is Aribo/Kamara making the 3rd midfield spot their own and Ojo/Arfield/Jones doing the same for the other attack position.
100% agree we overloaded the midfield and choked ourselves Davis Kamara Jack...that'l do.

Last edited:
This will be a 2-1 or a 1-0. Maybe ET and penalties required. I think it'll be a very tight game

It's down to the manager, there's such a lot resting on this game.

At Ibrox he made the wrong choices, it played right into their hands and he has to make sure that doesn't happen again.That was huge and I hope he's learned his lesson. These games you stick with your best 11 and make sure they are motivated and believe in the game plan. Trust the players to do themselves justice then manage the game as it unfolds. A win for us would give us a big phycological lift for the title so it's more than just a cup final for me.

If I'm being honest I'm not confident. We are slow starters at times in big games and they blitz opposition early. If we can sort ourselves out in the first 30minutes then I think we can get a result. We need EVERYONE to be on their A game though. No passengers, no shockers and no bottle merchants. This could be our springboard for a great season.

Last edited:
It's our time. Kent to score first half and cause whoevers marking him to go off with a hamstring/despair. Bheggars score with a penalty after one of them throws themselves on the ground. Alfie to score number 2 and the winner right at the death.

Tears of joy and many people going into work the following day with glorious hangovers.

Keep believing.

I think the outcome of the cup-final - as far as the larger picture goes - is very significant in terms of morale. If Rangers win the team's confidence will increase massively, which will bode well for the remainder of the league campaign. Conversely, a Rangers victory in the final would have a huge negative impact on the yahoos,

Always confident. Buzzing for it already.

Hopefully this week goes in quick.

2-0 us, Tav and Morelos.

Need an Andy Halliday tackle right on one of their players in the first 2 minutes to set the stall out !!!!!

We play like we can we are more than capable. All the pressure is on them, we're deid remember.
They cant fathom the possibility of getting beaten of us - and Lennon knows it.

Going to be a long week full of Celtics 'injury' concerns.

We must be at it right from the off, we will have no time to settle into this game. Unless we start well I am afraid that the smellys will steamroller over us and by the time we start it will be too late, we must score first and put them under pressure, do that and we will win.

think we'll win on penalties , don't think there has ever been a final won on them between the 2 sides at this level

50/50 right now. Nerves already kicking in. Worrying about the pace of our cbs while our full backs push up the park. We could be exploited with their pace up front. I just want Morelos to utterly destroy them on Sunday.

think we'll win on penalties , don't think there has ever been a final won on them between the 2 sides at this level

I hope for my nerves sake it doesn’t go to penalties.

I was an absolute wreck during the semi final penalty shootout with them.

Kent is the key. Arfield has to be on Brown winding him up. Gerrard has to also keep things simple. Kent and Morelos will win us the match. No stupid tactics and keep Aribo and Ojo miles away from this match.
We need this win.

I'm still completely burned from the last OF game where we all thought we would win it so I'm not that confident.

Need to be careful we don’t underestimate them again, as a support and team. Be confident but not arrogant. Too many of us were arrogant before the last game.

They are shit scared of Kent and they never had to face himn last time, they also never had to worry about any threat on their right due to Flanagan playing and Barisic will change that, they also never had Morelos from the start to contend with and a misfiring Kamara.

It will be tough and i feel sick thinking about it.

You know how every team we beat are pish, if we do win does that mean we can say they are pish aswell ?

Last edited:
My concern is our right hand side. Tavernier has history of being caught out in big games. Then we have the problem of who plays ahead of him.

They have 3 up top who perform regularly. We only have 2 of 3 who perform.

We have the better midfield though and shown we can dominate the game against them.

Blue tinted glasses off, I'm not very confident at all.

I feel their players are too cute and sleekit for us in this fixture.

Ability wise I think we are about even but they have the knack of scoring at the right times and managing the game much better than us.

However, INTAE THEM RANGERS!

If Gerrard makes the same tactical error and selection errors he made in the first game, then we will lose again.

If he gets the selection right, Morelos and Kent are on fire and we play with the same intensity we did against them in previous games then its our to be won.

My main concern is the right side the pitch for us, we leave way too many gaps and Celtic have players that will punish us if we do that.

I am 50/50 with this still. That will change on the day once I see who we are starting with.

We haven’t lost a game to them at Hampden whilst I’ve been in the West Stand.

Been in the South and North for the previous drubbings the last few years but back in the West Stand on Sunday.

Got to be a Gers win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back