How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from one terrible individual blunder at the piggery , Tav consistently saw off whoever the mentally challengeds put up against him last season.

They've got nobody who they can play wide left that will get the better of Tav.
Elyanousi will play there and the good thing about that is he doesn't have much pace but he is a threat

I think its more worry on my part.
Living in Canada, I genuinely haven't seen them play since they played us. I've seen every minute of us though and think our right is our weakest side so maybe putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5

Think you are mate tbh.

We're top of our Eurpoa section and apart from one draw, we've won every domestic game since we played them.

They've drawn with Hibs and been gubbed by a Livingston team that haven't won a game since.

Don't get me wrong, we'll need to be at our best, but we've nothing to fear.

Elyanousi will play there and the good thing about that is he doesn't have much pace but he is a threat

How fit will he be too mate?
He's been out for a few weeks and is still doubtful for Wednesday.

I'm surprised as well. He's a good player but he is the other side of 30 now though so maybe his pace has diminished? Big part of his game.

Certainly not popular with the papish hordes.

His attitude and commitment is regularly questioned.

How fit will he be too mate?
He's been out for a few weeks and is still doubtful for Wednesday.
True he has been out but i think he will play and hopefully he wont be 100%, they might play Johnston there if he isnt fit or they have been playing Forrest on the left with Christie on the right at times

I have to say in all honesty, I’m not confident at all. So, with that in mind, I just lumped my Bet 365 balance onto The Gers to lift it and more than 2.5 goals! :eek:

What could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes::)

True he has been out but i think he will play and hopefully he wont be 100%, they might play Johnston there if he isnt fit or they have been playing Forrest on the left with Christie on the right at times

A lot will depend on Edouard's fitness too mate.

He's definitely still a doubt.

They are genuinely scared of Kent and to be honest, our midfield is well equipped to deal with any attrition. No matter what they say they are also shit scared of Morelos and he is so much more confident now than ever. They have two players I feel can’t hurt us, Rogic and Eduarde, neither might play. I cannot think of another player in their team that we should fear. I’m normally cautiously optimistic in OF games, but I feel we’ll have a wee bit of headroom in this one.

But Lewis Morgan scored the other night so on the back of that he is now brilliant for them :rolleyes:

As ever i expect to see these players in the starting 11 and if not then its an added bonus, if Eduoard is out its a huge bonus for us.

You weren't confident against Peterhead in 2016? :D

So confident that it didn't even come in to contention!

But more seriously, that was probably the old cup final I'll ever take in with my old man, with us both living in England! My thanks to the poster who sorted us with tickets!

Aberdeen game is a game we could have done without,they will make it a battle for us while thier game is a belly tickler,I think we can win but I think they can win too which should make it a good game here’s hoping

I'm never confident facing that lot so nothing changes there.

It's a huge game for us, doesn't bear thinking about losing it.

One thing that does give me some kind of comfort is we no longer look a side who will be rolled over.

I used to dread the days of losing 5-1 and think it's still effected my view of an old firm game lately.

However since Gerrard returned we've never conceded more than 2 goals in an old firm game.

Since Gerrard took over we've only conceded 3 goals in 2 games:

26th August 2018, Motherwell 3-3 Rangers
8th of November 2018, Spartak 4-3 Rangers.

This season we've only conceded 16 goals in 30 competitive games this season. 17 in 36 if you want to include friendlies.

We're a tough side to beat and I'm confident we can score twice.

need to be on our game to beat them tbh, we lose goals when we switch off , and that happens to often for my liking, teams like that lot will take advantage of us doing this unlike smaller weaker teams

When you have a striker like Alfie you can win any game, it’s his final and I’m sure of it.

I’ve a few doubts and think we will lose a cracking game by the odd goal. Morelos to score though which will set up a victory in the league game later this month.

I said i was concerned that we were scraping a win in a few games lately with several players playing nowhere near their best (Arfield, Tav and Aribo). The bheasts don’t appear to have anybody playing nowhere near their best just now. Its not a defeatist attitude, its recognising where the threats lie. But as i said, you keep burying your head in the sand.
What games have we scraped a win in?

When you have a striker like Alfie you can win any game, it’s his final and I’m sure of it.
Praying everynight up until the game this is the case, they would explode if he wins it for us

If we believe in ourselves, we will do it. My main concern is how much respect we might afford them when we should be getting stuck in straight from the off showing nothing but contempt for them.
I would also hope our players will do their utmost to protect Alfie as the white monkey will no doubt try to provoke him into a reaction to get him sent off.

I wish two things.. that we weren’t playing the fucking sheep during the week, we could really do without their hammer throwing shit and we could do without the long journey there and back. Also wish this game wasn’t a 3pm kick off. Waiting around nervous as %^*& all day waiting for it.

I am soooo nervous already.

The sheep game is a valid concern, but it can also work in favour.

Come away from there with a resounding victory and clean bill of health, the players go into Sunday extremely high in confidence.

If Christie is on the right then that is massive.

Make no mistake about it. Edouard will be playing for them.

Can’t say I’m as confident as others on here but with Kent back and Alfie firing all cylinders we have a good chance.

Squad wise, I'm happy. They are likely to field an 18yo right wing back (hes a winger really) and that could go badly for him vs Barisic + Kent. Edouard and Elyounoussi, if they even play, will be less than 100%. Bolingoli is injured and Taylor is cup tied meaning that Hayes (just returned from injury) will play left back :D We are pretty much at full strength + pretty much full form.

Rangers have been playing some great stuff recently but what I'm concerned about is how the last game against them started and continued for most of the game. We did not have an answer for the relentless high press.

One positive that takes away some worry is that Gerrard rarely makes the same mistake twice. Sometimes its easy to forget he is still a novice manager who has lots to learn. This is no dig on him, I hope he stays with us for years and I'm absolutely delighted at what he has done so far.

Another positive is that we have Helander who can actually play from the back. No knock on big Katic but he cant (yet). Goldson has also improved his distribution a lot this season. I just wish Shaggers distribution was half as good as his shot stopping.

I don't want to end on a negative so my prediction is an early Morelos goal from a delicious Barisic cross. Then we play keep ball to chants of "ole" until TLB's head explodes.

For me it’s who wants it more.
I suspect we’re desperate for this win.
Another win for them can’t possibly mean more to them than us right now

A chance to win something...has to be a massive incentive but I've learned the hard way..never gonna be confident playing them. If we don't win, it makes the loss harder to take if I was expecting a win.

Squad wise, I'm happy. They are likely to field an 18yo right wing back (hes a winger really) and that could go badly for him vs Barisic + Kent. Edouard and Elyounoussi, if they even play, will be less than 100%. Bolingoli is injured and Taylor is cup tied meaning that Hayes (just returned from injury) will play left back :D We are pretty much at full strength + pretty much full form.

Rangers have been playing some great stuff recently but what I'm concerned about is how the last game against them started and continued for most of the game. We did not have an answer for the relentless high press.

One positive that takes away some worry is that Gerrard rarely makes the same mistake twice. Sometimes its easy to forget he is still a novice manager who has lots to learn. This is no dig on him, I hope he stays with us for years and I'm absolutely delighted at what he has done so far.

Another positive is that we have Helander who can actually play from the back. No knock on big Katic but he cant (yet). Goldson has also improved his distribution a lot this season. I just wish Shaggers distribution was half as good as his shot stopping.

I don't want to end on a negative so my prediction is an early Morelos goal from a delicious Barisic cross. Then we play keep ball to chants of "ole" until TLB's head explodes.
I think the young guy Frimpong looks a fairly good young player but would agree Kent will have him really up against it. Hickey did not know how to handle him in the league cup.

TLB has them playing the way he wants now which is obviously far more direct than under Rodgers. The positive in that for Rangers is they do leave themselves exposed (see livi game as prime example). Never been convinced by Ajer.

Gers all need to be playing at 100% and sharp but if the special talents Barisic, Jack, Kent and Morelos are all ticking then it’s well and truly up for grabs.

Come on the Rangers!!!

You are talking rubbish i will just leave it at that

Rubbish eh? Did ye take yer head out of the sand long enough to watch our surrender tonight? I told you that result has been coming. Hamilton nearly made it 2-2, sheep did.

On tonight's performance well for 50 mins tonight not confident but stranger things have happened the mentally challengeds have to lose one sometime .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back