How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the result Wednesday, hearing about potential injuries and after watching Tav’s completely uninspiring press conference I am not confident at all.

Everything so far is pointing to a them win. Prove me wrong Rangers

Listen we aren’t playing bloody Barca guys seems to be a lot of people not that confident about a win.
Scum are good going forward but bang average in defence and IF our defence plays like it can(Porto,legia etc) then I have utter confidence our mid/attack will score.
We need to be on our game and press them as much as possible.
Time for our big players to step up

Hard one to call. Depends how we start, start like we did the last time and it’s all over - they will scud us. I’ve got a sneaky feeling that wed night was a wake up call and we will come out all guns blazing. 3-2 Rangers.

After the result Wednesday, hearing about potential injuries and after watching Tav’s completely uninspiring press conference I am not confident at all.

Everything so far is pointing to a them win. Prove me wrong Rangers
What you want tav to do like?baflfing you are gauging if we win on a bloody press conference.

If you think of it logically though we're only 2 points off top, top of our Europa group and in the final of the first domestic trophy of the season. We should be brimming with confidence but for one reason or another we're not.

Thankfully I don't think the management, the players and the Board react like those FF and social media. They have every reason to pleased with the season thus far.

Sunday, though, is a sharp indicator of our progress.

50/50 for me. Have worries about the defence after the midweek calamity at pittodrie

We will win. Yes a slip up midweek, but points are going to be dropped this season. We got a draw. It happens. Full focus on winning this weekend now. We can do it.

On a scale of...

5 = Dick Advocaat v John Barnes (LOL-fest)
4 = Walter Smith v Lou Macari (Should be us, but always possibility of an Ally Maxwell-esque f*ck-up)
3 = Jock Wallace Mk 1 v Pre-Crash Stein (So close that only Chris Sutton would put the house on it)
2 = Jock Wallace Mk 2 v Davie Hay (Should be them, but Bears could rise to the occasion)
1 = Mark Warburton v Brendan Rodgers (Get behind the couch)

I'd make it a 2.

So let's just hope that they have the battle fever on.

It's closer than it's been since Walter left. Would say that Rangers have a better manager but that mob have the stronger squad and if Rangers are to win it they have to do it in the 90. After the 90 chances of Rangers winning the game will be penalties only.

Our squad is still short. Not many injuries. Jordan Jones the main one unless Barisic is out. In the unlikely event that Alfie is replaced by Defoe, we lose a little but it's not a killer. Probably won't lose Kent but if we do it's bad. Arfield's a scary one. He rarely lasts the 90 and that's where my biggest fear comes in - Sheyi Ojo. Good enough against the dross, incapable against the best. One screamer doesn't count.

I hope we rise to the occasion and a few of theirs blunder or fail to turn up.

Fingers crossed.

Come on the Bears.

I'll say what I usually say with an addon- it's up to us, if we're on the front foot, impose our game on them and keep it up until the final whistle we'll win.
If not, hell mend us, because those bastards will.
Just hope that yet another brain fart only days before the final turns out to be a positive.

Rangers have had an amazing season so far, absolutely amazing. On the verge of our first trophy in years and the chance of topping our Europa cup group. Slap bang in the middle of a run league games that will see us play 7 away out of 9 come Dec 29 and only 2 points of the lead. NS, GSTQ, WATP, FTP

Finally over Wednesday night, battle fever starting to take a hold. It's not confidence, just adrenaline. If we turn up and are at them from the first whistle we can do it.

Honestly, not confident at all. We have been shaky but getting results, whereas they seem to be putting teams to the sword and never giving up. Throw in the injury concerns and the fact that Gerrard made an arse of the last game against them trying to over think the tactics, I think there's a high possibility of it happening again.

Just put my Apple Music on shuffle at work and the first song to come on out of over 3,000 songs?

Simply the best. It’s fucking happening bears.

I'm not very confident. I'm hoping Borna makes it. I would like to see us make more of dead ball situations, and I would like to see Tav take fewer, especially if they're on our left side.

Rangers have had an amazing season so far, absolutely amazing. On the verge of our first trophy in years and the chance of topping our Europa cup group. Slap bang in the middle of a run league games that will see us play 7 away out of 9 come Dec 29 and only 2 points of the lead. NS, GSTQ, WATP, FTP
this is the reality but Wednesday has left me glass half full for Sunday. That said we are so much better equipped this season so of course we can win it but we need to turn up for 94ish minutes

i think set pieces are huge for us Sunday, they can’t defend them. We need Borna hitting every corner and free kick if he’s fit

After watching that second half, I wouldn't be confident if we were playing St Mirren never mind Celtic in all honestly.
If Celtic come at us and go for.it...we will struggle.

I'm not confident- but I normally fall on the side of caution anyway

What complicates it for me is SG's previous record against them - when he's got the tactics all wrong

I don't see them as anything like as strong as their results or the biased media suggest though & just like on Wednesday- it's more down to us how we play that will determine the result - not that they are unbeatable - regrettably we can be good at beating ourselves

I really believe that we are more than capable of blowing them away if we are at our best & stay 'savvy' - I'm just not sure we'll do that

We are pumping them and lifting that silver.

Feel free to quote this on Monday.

not confident, 1-3
still see a quality gap, they are used to winning- a habit
our players need to pick up.
need to get in about them, press them high and knock them off their game
possible but.....

We've clearly got a chance with the right desire and application. The pressure may to some extent be all on us but by the same token they have several players this will be new to-the pressure can flip when you are staring at a cup final defeat.

Wednesday doesn't change anything for me at all but seeing the teams will let us know the true scale of the challenge on the day.

Bringing players back who've been out can work against you and they have more than us who have been out for a few games.

I think we can do it.

The mentally challengeds have far more problems than Lennon is making out.

They're starting with a 3rd choice left back who won't be match fit and a 2nd choice right back.

Even if Edouard starts, he'll be well short of match fitness too.

Don't forget, we gubbed them last December without Davis, Kamara,Aribo and Barisic.

Brown, McGregor, Christie (their midfield on Sunday) all played that day.

We win this game down the flanks.

3-1 Rangers.

I already feel ill about Sunday. The build up is brutal, wish I could just skip to 5 minutes before kick off.

I genuinely can’t make my mind up whether I’m confident or not. I feel like there’s not much between the teams. It’s a bit of a cliche, but it could genuinely be as simple as who turns up on the day and fancies it more.

One thing is for sure, this Rangers team will not roll over and wilt. Yes, we made a royal arse of it on Wednesday, but the gaffer will have us well up for this and I have no doubt we will be chomping at the bit come kick off.

We finally hate those fucking rats as much as they hate us and as long as we go out, show no respect and get tore in we will be fine. Win the battle first and we have the players there to give us the quality in front of goal to win us the game.

Fucking bring these cunts on.

If we start the same defence as Wednesday then I fear the worst as Goldson, Helander and Flanagan (whilst all individually decent enough defenders) play the game at walking football pace. They are slow as a week in jail and all 3 together could get ripped apart. We need Borna to be fit as I think he assists Helander and vice versa.

They're starting with a 3rd choice left back who won't be match fit and a 2nd choice right back.

Don't forget, we gubbed them last December without Davis, Kamara,Aribo and Barisic.

3-1 Rangers.

You make valid points.

In saying that, you’ve never had us down to lose or even draw in my lifetime :D

3-1 Rangers.
Can debate this all day , will likely depend on whose players want it most on the day.

You make valid points.

In saying that, you’ve never had us down to lose or even draw in my lifetime :D

Only since Gerrard @Crouchy. :))

I wasn't so bold before that.

On a serious note, they are valid points mate.

How would we feel going into this game without Tav and Borna, with Halliday and Flanagan not fully fit?

Not to mention Fredo having been out for 3 weeks and completed 1 full training session?

Only since Gerrard @Crouchy. :))

I wasn't so bold before that.

On a serious note, they are valid points mate.

How would we feel going into this game without Tav and Borna, with Halliday and Flanagan not fully fit?

Not to mention Fredo having been out for 3 weeks and completed 1 full training session?

I think adrenaline takes you through an OF.

They have weaknesses, for sure.

For me, it’s more about what we do. If we press high and fast, with a lot of energy and bite, then we stand a good chance. Both defences aren’t fantastic. Neither look great with the ball.

If we are tepid, like Ibrox, we’ll struggle. It allows them to move the ball easily to their danger players.

Need Buff, Kent, Arfield, then the middle of the park to really work hard. It will change the shape of the game.

I’d go Arfield and just pray we seen last seasons version. Fight and desire are hee-haw to do with form. All I want from him is to burst a gut. Kent will do the rest.

First 15 minutes will tell us all, imo.

I think adrenaline takes you through an OF.

They have weaknesses, for sure.

For me, it’s more about what we do. If we press high and fast, with a lot of energy and bite, then we stand a good chance. Both defences aren’t fantastic. Neither look great with the ball.

If we are tepid, like Ibrox, we’ll struggle. It allows them to move the ball easily to their danger players.

Need Buff, Kent, Arfield, then the middle of the park to really work hard. It will change the shape of the game.

I’d go Arfield and just pray we seen last seasons version. Fight and desire are hee-haw to do with form. All I want from him is to burst a gut. Kent will do the rest.

First 15 minutes will tell us all, imo.

I agree mate.

We can definitely expose them down the flanks though and get at Frimpong or Bauer and especially Hayes

If we believe in ourselves, we will do it. My main concern is how much respect we might afford them when we should be getting stuck in straight from the off showing nothing but contempt for them.
I would also hope our players will do their utmost to protect Alfie as the white monkey will no doubt try to provoke him into a reaction to get him sent off.
We will know in the first ten minutes,if we are in their faces, I think we'll turn them over,but if we sit off them,well struggle,just hope there is a sense of revenge from us after Wednesday and I expect a reaction from us.

The tim's scraped by Hamilton tonight at their own midden.

We played a team in their own cup final tonight.

And already we have folk on here running scared.
It is FF,mate,the Jekyll and Hyde syndrome. What happened to the battle fever.

IMO its all down to us, play like we did in the 1st half against Aberdeen and how we played against Porto & Feyenoord in 2nd half's then we will win the game. Play like we did 1st OF game of the season or the 2nd half against Aberdeen then we will get beat very comfortably. That's my issue with this team, we don't know what we are going to get but hopefully the other nights dropped points was a kick up the arse because that was not acceptable how we crumbled.

Not as confident as I was a week ago but it’s not necessarily a bad thing to go into the match on the rebound of dropping points. Players need to react from the get go. I’m just hoping we got some of the brain farts out of the way on Wednesday.

Jackstar

I take it you missed Mr Motivator at the press conference

It wasn't exactly Every Given Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back