How crucial is it we shall play the same day as them?

The psychological blow for them not reaching the group stages could have big repercussions. Will Eduardo or ntcham be happy with only playing league games possibly they’d down tools and cause a dressing room split. If they’re not sold by then.

I don’t think they’ll qualify for the europa which would suit me perfectly, no European football for a club is extremely detrimental to a clubs finances, especially one with a £50 million wage bill plus it would de-value their players
60 million mate o_O

The league is everything this year so it baffles me why folk would want them pumped out of the europa if we are still in it as much as it would be hilarious initially That instantly hands them a massive advantage straightaway.

This season is all about us.

What is crucial is that we win our matches week after week. Everything else will look after itself.

'Them' are irrelevant.

One big thing, if I understand correctly, they will be away the Thursday before we get to scud them at home. We will be at home that Thursday. Roles reversed from last year albeit the trip to UFA was far more challenging.
But this time, I expect the media will use it as their excuse for losing

Get them pumped out please.

Them being in such turmoil so early in the season can only be a good thing. The financial hit to them would also be massive, the full 30 mill gone. Bloated squad not getting a game would cause havoc in the dressing room. 'Lenny' would go with what he knows leaving a lot of huffy foreigners / French feeling unwanted adding to the general reek.

We would get the complete money pot to ourselves so could strengthen in January if required.
Winning teams want games, they can't get enough of them. We need to be that team!

We would never be out the papers or off the TV, the average mutant would be pig sick with the exposure we would gain and will trail that gloom around with them like 'stinko', their old comfort blanket /wank rag.

You want to see them broken then we need to be gubbing them on and off the field and them out and us in Europe would be beyond their comprehension, it would shatter them.

Last edited:
“I think they’ll qualify for the group stages and can go on to win it”

Question is, who will be wheeled out to make this statement to appease the masses?

To all bears actually hoping they qualify, consider this: If they don’t qualify for EL, the pressure will mount tenfold, and then if we beat them at Ibrox and go top of the league, we will see a timplosion the likes of even god has never seen.
Right after the close of the transfer window as well.

If they fail the EL groups you can bet anything theyll have to offload players in january.

We want them out, Gerrard is smart enough to compete in europe and league and we now have a squad capable of both.

They have outgoings of 60million or there abouts, no europe would be a crisis for them.

Get them out
Unrest the players
Fans turn on team
Players sold

Whats not to like

I don’t think they’ll qualify for the europa which would suit me perfectly, no European football for a club is extremely detrimental to a clubs finances, especially one with a £50 million wage bill plus it would de-value their players
Yes. I want them out. The £10-15m they would miss out on by not qualifying is more of a factor than 6 extra games. They may have to sell a key player if they don’t make it.

Will be hilarious no matter what.

They go out, all the hilarity in the world as they implode.

They get through they have mid week which if you look at their previous seasons they have always struggled after.

As much as I could never want them to win, I won't be crying if they get through.

I just don't get that.

Anything that earns them money, is not something I'd want to encourage.

if they don't reach the EL groups and we do, is there a TV market share similar to the CL which we'd get 100% of? or is that a UK thing now which we'd have to share with English clubs

I am trying to keep my '55' hat on and hope they make the groups and suffer six demoralising losses in a row when they get there. My 'fk shellik' hat says that I hope they get pumped out next week, but I'd be annoyed later when they have more recovery time. I want this season to stretch their squad and their manager's sanity.

We need them to get in to the group stages of the Europa, especially if we end up making it.

I'd rather see them make about 10m from the group stages and see us lift 55 at the end of the season than see them papped out to AIK then win the league due to only having one game to focus on each week.

I can never understand this 'catch-up' thing.

Everyone assumes they`ll win to put us under pressure. They lose one game and we get a huge lift and it`s THEM who are under pressure.
But to be honest, this team will handle the Sat/Sun pressure anyway. We blew a great chance last year when they lost to Killie then we lost in the afternoon to Hibs. We`d have closed the gap to 1 point iirc. I don`t believe this team will pass that chance up this year.

I wonder when they are pumped out of the EL, they will have enough cash to buy green covers for the seats that will be empty at the glitter-dome.

I said this ages ago but had kinda forgotten I'd eve thought about it.

I understand it will never happen, but my hope for this season was that we would qualify for the groups and then basically just stick out a reserve team in the group games. This for me would give the perhaps not guaranteed starting 11 players a great opportunity to get some European experience, and also allow us to focus purely on the league title, as that for me is by a million miles our biggest priority at the moment. All of this whilst still bringing in the cash we need.
Regardless of what they do now, getting to the groups or not, if we can win the title, it denies them the CL money again next season. That would be 3 years in a row trying to sustain their massive wage bill by flogging their players, thereby worsening themselves and giving us less ground to make up(there's not really any squad wise IMO, but financially)
If we could then get into the CL groups ourselves, that again changes things significantly. After 3 x £30m+ years of loss for them, we gain the £30m+. You're talking a £120m plus swing in 3-4 years.
It's exactly what we need.
Not a bad idea to be ferr, out second 11 would be good enough to cope in the EL group stages. IMOP.

The difference in squad quality/depth would mean playing at the same time as us will hamper them.
If we both play Thursday/Sunday, given the title challenge we should put up this year, they cant afford to take the foot off the gas. For us Alfie comes out, Defoe come in etc (you could go through the squad with the like for like changes)
For them if Edouard, Christie, Forrest or McGregor come out of the team, who steps in? The quality drops massively. A busy schedule, and the need for squad rotation will see popcorn teeths crayon scribbled transfer list come back to bite them.

I just don't get that.

Anything that earns them money, is not something I'd want to encourage.
Its not about encouraging or even being the slightest bit happy if they get through.
Its just being pragmatic and consoling myself that if they get through it is much more likely to hinder them in the league. Which is of course the priority.

The league is everything this year so it baffles me why folk would want them pumped out of the europa if we are still in it as much as it would be hilarious initially That instantly hands them a massive advantage straightaway.
that's why I'd play our second team in Europe if get through,money in bank and keep our top team for the league.

Will definitely go against us if we are in the EL and they aren’t. I’d prefer they were but would obviously enjoy the fucking hilarity of them not qualifying.

a week on Sunday is going to be our first chance to win and go ahead of them this season making them play catch up for a change.

Im not ersed either way if they get into the EL or not. The main thing is they aint getting £30-40m in CL dough on top of Tierney fee.

The next League game being on a Sunday for both could be pivotal. We have the early KO v St Mirren & they play Hearts at Stade des Secrets. It could come crashing down for whoever blinks 1st before the Old Firm Clash on 2/9

I suppose the bottom line is do I think we could handle the pressure of playing a day later if we have a decent run (and hopefully they don't) - I'd day I think we can. I never want Celtic to win any game and I have confidence in our squad that we can compete on all fronts.

If they don’t make the Europa leagues. The pressure will be massive on TLB. He copes so well with that. So, regardless of 6 extra games i hope they get pumped in the qualifier

Imagine they get knocked out away on the Thurs and then come to Ibrox on the Sunday and we do them over? It would be catastrophic.

Initially I wanted them to stay in, but it is only 6 games in the EL groups. I dont think that's a huge amount extra. Looking at the 6 EL games we'd face St Johnstone, Hamilton, Motherwell x2, Livi and Hearts the following Sundays. Realistically 3 of those games we should have the ability to use the 'lesser' players in the squad and still get a result. None of those fixtures scare me, would just be wary of Motherwell and Livi away.

Them having free midweeks wouldn't be good but factor in no European football, no money coming in, and their high earners having next to no motivation. European football is what big players live for and if they don't have it expect a mild fire sale in January.
make no mistake, as it stands they are in big trouble.

19th Century Terrorist’s are not used to winning, it goes against everything in their psyche.

They are life’s losers, perpetual victims.

Normal service will be resuming very soon, they will be happy being unhappy and we will be over the bastarding moon.

%^*& them

Back