How do the groundsmen improve pitch this week?

It will be playable and it will suit us.
They are a really good football team who play on surfaces like a carpet.
Ibrox will make it difficult for them to keep the ball on the ground.
We are the ones who will wants a pacey, physical game with sliding tackles.

I still don’t understand why you rip up a pitch in may that looks immaculate to throw down a new pitch that struggles to bed in before our euro qualifying games

Because it removes the built up thatch layer, removes the compaction layer developed through the season, The surface is designed to be lifted every year. the sand fibres need replaced yearly.

I can keep going on but this thread is driving me mental.

So many people talking shit about something they know nothing about.

Not you personally but its becoming laughable.
Not many seem to understand what it involves. Scarification and coring wouldn't have done, it needed replaced but timescales are a problem with the euro start date. They don't get the Ibrox Microclimate.

The "my fck gardens in better shape that that pitch" mob are alive and kicking. Hang on well get 23 folk to run around it for 90 minutes in all weathers 6 times in 3 weeks despite the pitch having a problem and see how it turns out for you.

As I've said elsewhere, I've a feel g I know what's wrong, I think you do too. I also think the groundsmen have been over ruled exacerbating the issue

Get a couple of hundred cans of this in green!
zPg40XT.jpg

Not many seem to understand what it involves. Scarification and coring wouldn't have done, it needed replaced but timescales are a problem with the euro start date. They don't get the Ibrox Microclimate.

The "my fck gardens in better shape that that pitch" mob are alive and kicking. Hang on well get 23 folk to run around it for 90 minutes in all weathers 6 times in 3 weeks despite the pitch having a problem and see how it turns out for you.

As I've said elsewhere, I've a feel g I know what's wrong, I think you do too. I also think the groundsmen have been over ruled exacerbating the issue
Is the issue a disease of some sort? Also, why would the grounds men be over ruled when it comes to maintaining the pitch? Is it cost?

Only so much they can do this time of year but it being so wet and miserable makes it worse,cant remember such a wet and windy start to the year.

I wish someone would tell the grass in my back garden that mate.Seriously though the Club use special lighting on the turf so time of year doesent matter.Agree with your point about drainage though.

This is the part others are talking about the water table and lowering the pitch even with drainage their is real page for the water to go in hot months or soaks deeper into the ground as its dryer etc s the water table is lower.

Cover it will help a little bit not hugely

Is the issue a disease of some sort? Also, why would the grounds men be over ruled when it comes to maintaining the pitch? Is it cost?
Turf disease brought on by other factors is a possibility. I don't think it's the main reason for the lack of grass coverage in areas. The quest for a flat surface could have caused this but its a number of things coming together.

This is the part others are talking about the water table and lowering the pitch even with drainage their is real page for the water to go in hot months or soaks deeper into the ground as its dryer etc s the water table is lower.

Cover it will help a little bit not hugely
Yeah I think that is part of the problem,with the pitch being so close to the water table,when you get a lot of rain there is nowhere for it to go.All you can do is try and drain it away,but it may need some clever engineering.

Because it removes the built up thatch layer, removes the compaction layer developed through the season, The surface is designed to be lifted every year. the sand fibres need replaced yearly.

I can keep going on but this thread is driving me mental.

So many people talking shit about something they know nothing about.

Not you personally but its becoming laughable.
I was meant to get the same job done at Dumbarton, I probably dodged a bullet as we couldn't afford it. It was a shit summer for new growth and that has been a massive reason the Ibrox pitch has struggled.

That doesnt stop the water being collected in a sump and pumped away. I'd imagine thats what they are doing.
So would the cost of running pumps all the time negate any benefit financially that lowering the pitch would bring in with the extra seats?

Didnt the tims have the same issue a few years ago - basically some disease was destroying the grass. Regards the water table, im sure there are pumps under the pitch that deal with this

If the weather in Glasgow is anything like it is where I am, the pitch is going to take a battering.

Rain/ heavy showers forecast for the next week or so.

If the weather in Glasgow is anything like it is where I am, the pitch is going to take a battering.

Rain/ heavy showers forecast for the next week or so.
Reverting to Stevie Gs comment last week, is this not what he wants for the Braga game - some good old fashioned Scottish weather :eek:

The level of the water in the river and the water table are two entirely different things. The water table is something below the ground so a pitch cannot be below a water table. 2nd year Geography right there.

Ah, problem for me was that my 2nd year geography teacher was also assistant head teacher and was never in :))

They've had lighting rigs that they move round the pitch so the grass can grow all year round. They've had them for about 10 years same time as the electronic advertising boards round the pitch went in.

Back