How do we approach Leverkusen game?

Truthfully the Europa league qualifiers are probably far more important than the Leverkusen game we aren't winning by 3 clear goals over in Germany so it's about not picking up injuries and getting the team fully match fit.

Some of the replies on here, that's the spirit eh:rolleyes:

Aye the chances are we're out but fűck just throwing in the towel!

Their season doesn't start back til September so no better chance of catching them cold.

Reactions: VGM
Go out there and give it our all. Cannot fathom this defeatist attitude.

Keep in mind Leverkusen will have had over 4-weeks since their last competitive game.
What’s to say they won’t be rusty? What’s to say they won’t get nervous if we get the first goal?

Some of the replies on here, that's the spirit eh:rolleyes:

Aye the chances are we're out but fűck just throwing in the towel!

Their season doesn't start back til September so no better chance of catching them cold.
Think it's an educated guess rather than giving up, I watched them against Munich though they got beat 4-2 they were the better team in the second half, they were very fast and very very dangerous in attack, their counter attacks look lethal (not to mention that they are match fit and we ain't) if they had their shooting boots on they'd had beaten munich, plus they missed out on a champions league spot through their league placing so may give the eurpoa their best shot and win it out right to get in the champions league for next season. but I agree that our attitude for the game should be go for it as we've nothing to loose

To win the game and make it through to the semis. All potential monies earned is a bonus to the club.

So the suggestion is we rest players in the first few games of the campaign? I would really hope that's not necessary.

I've seen at least 3 posters on this thread state if we win we go through to the semis am I missing something? Braga was a last 32 tie, Leverkusn last 16 if we win we go thru to the quarters.

Kinda bewildering that some people dont even know the stage of the tournament we are at

It will be much needed game time for the players, the need the competitive minutes against quality opposition, the will have only played 90 minutes before this game!

The spirit of some of you really has been broken over the last decade hasn't it?

We approach it as Rangers should approach every match, to win.

No Surrender!

Why are folk so keen to write of this tie ?? Since the return Leverkusens form wasn’t great at all , the season is now finished and they won’t play again until playing us so we will have the sharpness advantage , Havertz will also be sold by then and possibly others we have got to give this our best try

Anyone who thinks Gerrard will send a weakened team to germany is away in the head,full strength and go for it

The league should take priority over this season's European campaign never mind last's.

Not that I'm suggesting we send the youths over etc, but if there is any doubt over a player's fitness or he needs a rest (not that he should at the start of the season) then he should be left for the league game

We done extremely well to get to this stage, let's not surrender that amazing effort by going out with a whimper. Smash these pricks!

If I’m not mistaken, the Leverkusen game falls bang in the middle of our first two league games?

With the tie essentially already being over, and with us simply having to get off to a winning start in the league, do we focus on Aberdeen then St Mirren and send a weaker side for the 2nd leg, or do we try and go full strength in all 3 and risk dropping early points in the league?

Personally, I’d be quite happy sending a weaker side for the return leg with some youngsters in there for experience of a European game. We just have to get off to a strong start in the league, there’s no two ways about it.
They'll be off the boil as their season is now finished. We will be ready to go. I think we go for it 3-1 in normal time with an extra time winner for us.

I think we need to go there and give it our best shot. Send out the most attacking line up we have and try to go for the three goals we need.

If you start picking and choosing what games you bother trying in then we’d be as well not entering any competition but the league

Go for it and see what happens.

If we get the first goal then who knows. But if we lose having had a go then fair do's.

Full strength team , give it a right go , if we go out we go out but you never know , who could’ve imagined us beating Lyon 0-3 not that long ago

Isn't there a named European squad that we need to stick to?

This is where the whole thing is a Minefield regarding your point and also things like we've played a 1st Leg yet Teams will have a chance of going through in a One-off game.

UEFA should just of Null & Voided everything from the CL, EL to Every single Championship due to Extraordinary circumstances not seen since WW2.

We go over and we beat them 3-0 and get through to the next round! Amazing how so many fans who were adament we could have turned around a 10 point deficit to the scum would just right off a one game fixture without fans! 5 minutes in, Alfie through on goals and the keeper takes him out straight red and penalty. Suddenly we are back in it!

Let’s be honest, our form was shite then, like theirs is just now.

Anything can happen

I’m not really bothered to be honest, we have nothing to lose. Let’s get tore in if we get beat we get beat. However 2 nil up at half time could make for an interesting finale

We go over and we beat them 3-0 and get through to the next round! Amazing how so many fans who were adament we could have turned around a 10 point deficit to the scum would just right off a one game fixture without fans! 5 minutes in, Alfie through on goals and the keeper takes him out straight red and penalty. Suddenly we are back in it!
That's a very specific scenario.
I'd have gone with, Leverkusen fan dressed as a hot dog, gets into the stadium, jumps on the park and bursts all the balls with the trident he's carrying. Bayer forfeit 0-3 and Gers go through.

Seems as likely.

Full strength team , give it a right go , if we go out we go out but you never know , who could’ve imagined us beating Lyon 0-3 not that long ago
Your right mate, they were better than us and it’s a long shot but you never know.

The levels of shitebaggerry on this thread is unreal.

If I’m not mistaken, the Leverkusen game falls bang in the middle of our first two league games?

With the tie essentially already being over, and with us simply having to get off to a winning start in the league, do we focus on Aberdeen then St Mirren and send a weaker side for the 2nd leg, or do we try and go full strength in all 3 and risk dropping early points in the league?

Personally, I’d be quite happy sending a weaker side for the return leg with some youngsters in there for experience of a European game. We just have to get off to a strong start in the league, there’s no two ways about it.
I'd play experimental squad.

Go with our best back four and goalie and work off the ball for a clean sheet. Defence needs game time and tested at a high level, higher opposition in Europe has helped us beat the scum recently in my opinion. Gung ho in attack

What kind of message does it send to the players for the qualifiers if we chuck if/don’t take it seriously. We’ve just had 3 months off. Strongest possible team go for the win.

Leverkusen have months of games on us.

We are already out and a drubbing could destroy confidence right at the start of the league season and Euro qualifiers, it's not worth it.

Leverkusen’s season finished on Saturday. No idea how they’ll prepare but they won’t have any competitive games until they play us

Bounce match after all that’s happened.

3 1 down from home leg to a team who passed us off the park. Not worth the risk as we will have to put in a dangerous amount of running for our players to match them in their first game back.
Any new signings should be eligible to bed them in.
League and qualifiers now more important.

Jesus Wept. There is people actual suggesting we go into this tie knowing we are out and not having a go.

No surrender eh?

No matter the opposition no matter the task we should be going into ANY game to win and give it 100%.

Admitting defeat before a ball is kicked is NOT the Glasgow Rangers way!

All out attack. Best team. Go in at worst 1-0 up or score drawing at half time and anything can happen.

Can't believe the views on here. We cannot risk injury in this game. We need full squad for EL qualifiers and league. Six points that week is 1,000,000 times more important than Leverkusen game.

Back