how do we see our remaining fixtures going

greggakd

our last games are against the teams we've had the least joy against, but the way we are playing im feeling slightly optimistic. 12 points to gain, can't see why we can't take maximum points but realistically i think 10

Bar tims I see Comfortable wins, with at least 3 goals scored

Once the league title was away and the pressure is off we seem to be knocking the ball about no problem plus new found freedom of formation / player setup has also helped.

I’d suggest player mentality to overcome the pressure / demands of grinding out / winning at all costs each league game, especially at Ibrox in front of extremely hard to please support & the over reliance on 1 Morelos / one set of play has cost us a realistic title this term given how bad the tims were (specially 1st half of season)

Fans also have a huge role to play next season specifically at Ibrox, selling season tickets is one thing , but sadly we suffer from too many folk turning up, do nothing but scream abuse at the players / create hostile / repressive atmosphere and leave with 15 mins to go. (How many of those draws at home could’ve been wins if fans hadn’t been on players backs / didn’t give up leaving some areas in the stands near empty in closing stages? The highlights / clips you see on telly of the crowd from 80mins onwards are painful to watch)

We owe the sheep a pumping next week
We do indeed and I think we actually will this time around. All season their gameplan has been to get morelos sent off and shut off Kent and candeias on the wings. Do that we don't score, and it worked well for them.

With the formation and personnel we've been forced into I can't see them handling the movement of Defoe and arfield in particular as neither are looking for a fight with their centre backs or lining up right against them. Arfield, in this formation, is critical for this game. I genuinely think we will hammer them tbh.

I genuinely think 4 further wins, don't get me wrong it won't be anywhere near enough for the title. I actually think the Kilmarnock last game might be the one we struggle to win the most with Polster, Halliday and some youths maybe getting minutes, much like Hibs last year with an end of season atmosphere.

There is a bit of me wondering if this new found form is down to the pressure being lifted after the Old firm game?

Hard to tell for sure as we have made a few adjustments to the team since then too.
People are saying it’s because it’s over, I disagree.
Everyone still wants to beat us. They’d celebrate as if they’d won the champions league if they beat us.
We’ve changed tactics and it’s working, we’re less predictable now

The current team are half decent when they are under no pressure. If any pressure whatsoever is applied they will revert to type as happened on numerous occasions throughout the season.

We need to sign several players who have both the necessary mental strength and emotional maturity to enable us to make a proper challenge next season.

I’m convinced that had we won at Parkhead a few weeks back we’d have gone on to win the league. It was a 6 point game that ultimately ended the season.

Just hope that the mentally challengeds appoint Lennon and we go again next season.

I honestly think we'll win them all. Celtic will obviously be the toughest challenge but we've done it once and I think we'll do it again. Home form has been crucial to the Old Firm this season.

Aberdeen - Win
Hibs - Win
bheasts - Win
Killie - Win

12 points taken to finish on 81 points

Back