How do we win the league next season?

The Huguenot

Having a much bigger squad will allow us to play different formations for different matches which will make us more potent.

Marstonbear

Agree with post 39.

If we can win the first 4, we’ll be at least 3 points ahead of them.

Maintain or better their points tally between game 5 and Xmas.

Win the Xmas game over there.

We’ll then be at least 6 points ahead of them. Happy New Year and hello 55.

BlueHaze

It's down to developing the right mentality now,We have brought in some really decent talent now they need to prove they are up for the fight,Every team in the league raise their game v us especially at their own middens and we need to react and out play and over power them.

Kimarcus

We really need to win the first 3 league games so go into the Ibrox game against them with a chance to be at least 3 points ahead.

Need to have a good start for sure and our December is tough so I think we need to be leading by 5+ points going into December.

After the winter break we have 8 home games out of 13 before the split. If we are level or not too far behind in Jan we have a chance to build a decent lead before the split.

tommyboozo

Improve the draws at Ibrox, turn them into wins against lower league opposition.

Utilise squad rotation when we are playing 2/3 games a week now we have deeper squad quality.

Drastically improve our discipline, we need as many fit players available for as many games as possible.

Be lucky with injuries to keep our squad depth.

Pray that somehow the refereeing standard has dramatically improved in Scotland.

Beat the tims twice at Ibrox again.

Do all the above and I truly believe we will be seeing 55 come may

Bobans27

Not panicking when we do drop points or lose a stupid goal.

The game after new year at Killie killed the season unfortunately. We started well, with a swagger, then boom one mistake and we went into our shells.

I think we’ll be close this year, probably 10-15 points better off than last season.....

DougieJones

We need to bury teams early doors, put the result to bed in the first half so the officials have little impact. Mindset - first goal’s almost an irrelevance, it’s the second and third we’re chasing.

Dotty_84

Our biggest threat for next season is refereeing. Constant stop and go football and unequal treatment of fouls resulting in us being punished with cards.

On the pitch, breaking down a stubborn defence is my only issue. Would love a silky CAM personally.

baystatebear

Build up a lead and keep piling the pressure on.

I'm certain that they'll crumble if we can win our first 6 or 7 games. They have Neil Lennon in charge ffs.

The first game against them in crucial, but we really need to go into that game with maximum points.

Come on Rangers!
I totally agree. if we arrive at the first game against the yahoos playing well and with something approaching maximum points, and should we then go on to beat them, it would represent a massive psychological hammer blow. It would completely unnerve TLB who would immediately find himself under tremendous pressure, their fans who would go into full meltdown mode as they face the prospect of a once again dominant Rangers winning things.

MrRangers

I totally agree. if we arrive at the first game against the yahoos playing well and with something approaching maximum points, and should we then go on to beat them, it would represent a massive psychological hammer blow. It would completely unnerve TLB who would immediately find himself under tremendous pressure, their fans who would go into full meltdown mode as they face the prospect of a once again dominant Rangers winning things.
being top after the first round of games would be massive, then we could possibly get away with a draw at their place at new year.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
1. Forget OF games...we are now a match for them and last season it ended up split, no advantages. Just play them as one off games.
2. Win crucial games as regards psychology...i.e. losing to Killie after winter break crushed us. On here it was like a death in the family. We knew....just knew. If we get a wee chance to take top spot etc we need to win those games.
3. Cannot experiment until a game is won...we dropped crucial points last season due to 3-5-2 and the like. Try these in training games and when a few goals up.

kclarkhall

We need to start the season strong, I can't be bothered digging facts out but I am positive the last few seasons we have dropped so many points at the beginning of the season, at least that is how I remember it.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
We need to start the season strong, I can't be bothered digging facts out but I am positive the last few seasons we have dropped so many points at the beginning of the season, at least that is how I remember it.
We have bad spells...autumn last year was shit. We kept going on about beating filth in December but were way behind by the time the game came around.

mike myers loyal

We need better discipline, more consistency and a fair deal from the refs, which is outwith our hands.

The tarrier games will take care of themselves.

Do the simple things correctly and we will be there or thereabouts when the trophies are handed out.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
We need better discipline, more consistency and a fair deal from the refs, which is outwith our hands.

The tarrier games will take care of themselves.

Do the simple things correctly and we will be there or thereabouts when the trophies are handed out.
We need to avoid cluster fucks like the sheep games in LC and SC....both shapeless messy disasters.

Bearsden Bear

Consistency and closing games out we had won.

Not being cheated by Officials is outwith our hands though.
Not sure I agree with that.

We should be pushing for VAR, and applying the same amount of pressure to referees which our rivals undoubtedly do, both directly and indirectly.

The whole agenda for last season was set before the opening game even kicked off, and was clearly evident after just 10 minutes had elapsed.

gerz1873

We need to win the games when we are far from our best form, Dundee away last season is a prime example. Games against the tarriers will then determine where the title ends up, in a strange way I'm less nervous of the games against them than games against hivs, Killie and dolly.

loyd_grossman

We need a good start from day 1 at Kilmarnock. If we can get ahead, win the first game vs the Tims and they don't qualify fot the CL group stages, the pressure on Lennon will be massive.

Barryhopez

I find a few well placed "No surrender" and saying "Stevie G man, Stevie G" repeatedly will see us clinch #55 I'm convinced of it. :p

Note: Seriously, we need to make Ibrox a fortress and stop dropping points against the 'lesser' teams to get up there and make a good fist of it against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Jimmy Jazz

Consitency, consitency and more consitency. Lack this and you can forget it.

If Rodgers was still their manager they'd be firm favourites for the title. The ginger alky with anger management issues leading them makes it 50/50.

We have had by far the better summer so far but it's important to remember they will still have a squad of players who know what it takes to win titles. I'm not banking on anything yet.

Laudrup11Cooper

Possibly seems like an obvious question but I would like to see what others thought going from our games last season?

The strength in depth we have now will help while
we play 2/3 games in a week and hopefully cut out the silly dropped points we had - Motherwell & Dundee (both away) instantly spring to mind.

Better discipline as Gerrard has mentioned - as again it cost us points - Aberdeen and possibly Celtic away.

And finally I think we NEED to take something at Celtic Park this season.
By not dropping needless points to lesser teams…and that includes the bogtrotters!

Rossrfc1989

We could lose all the old firm games, but will still win it if we beat everybody else.
No chance, if they beat us 4 times, and we beat everyone else, there is no chance they are dropping more than 12 points against everyone else,

We need to come through the 4 old firms with a better head to head than them

usbear

Get the first goal

Set a mental target that we need to score at least 3 goals a game so the refs can’t %^*& it up for us

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Piggery.

Possibly seems like an obvious question but I would like to see what others thought going from our games last season?

The strength in depth we have now will help while
we play 2/3 games in a week and hopefully cut out the silly dropped points we had - Motherwell & Dundee (both away) instantly spring to mind.

Better discipline as Gerrard has mentioned - as again it cost us points - Aberdeen and possibly Celtic away.

And finally I think we NEED to take something at Celtic Park this season.

The Lone Ranger

We will keep dropping points amd losing games if we dont know how to break teams down. What we did last time was just move further up the pitch and we got broke on and lost goals.
If still do not know how to break down a ten man defence then we are in the same boat. It may have been gerrards naivety or lack of experience even the players not being good enough, but its a new season and hopefully we know how to change mid game when we need to

kclarkhall

We have bad spells...autumn last year was shit. We kept going on about beating filth in December but were way behind by the time the game came around.
That bad spell after the winter break was horrific too. Seemed to lose momentum and start dropping points here and there.

trueblue77

Don’t fall into the trap of playing to the same pattern of play like we have done in recent seasons. Too predictable and easy to defend. We need to recognise, quickly, when we’re starting to do this and change it fast. I like when we use our midfield to attack through the middle and open things up rather than working the ball down the wings straight out of defence.