How do we win the league next season?

being top after the first round of games would be massive, then we could possibly get away with a draw at their place at new year.

We need to beat them at the crime scene. Their ridiculous winning streaks at that place tends to be what sees them through. We need to break that assuming they haven’t dropped points at home before then.

A very real target for us is to go through the league unbeaten with max of 3 draws! Aim high time!

We need to be relentless, start well and don't let up. Even when the eventual setback comes along we need a winning mentality

Cut out so many International breaks

Okay, I know we can’t, but somehow deal with them better. We always seemed to be on a good run of form only to have it interrupted by an international, then struggle to regain that form when regular play resumed again. Now our squad is getting stronger maybe we can afford to rest players coming off an international appearance, particularly if it involves considerable travel or time away

Were always going to drop points at some point in the season but not beating killie once last year cost us big time.

A chance to put things right on the first game of the season.

One win v Hibs.

Look at the last title winning season for proof of the results required

Possibly seems like an obvious question but I would like to see what others thought going from our games last season?

The strength in depth we have now will help while
we play 2/3 games in a week and hopefully cut out the silly dropped points we had - Motherwell & Dundee (both away) instantly spring to mind.

Better discipline as Gerrard has mentioned - as again it cost us points - Aberdeen and possibly Celtic away.

And finally I think we NEED to take something at Celtic Park this season.

Steam roller every team we play into conceding oh and a last minute winner at the sty to clinch the title will do me !

It's imperative that we start the season strongly and that's going to be no mean feat against our two bogey teams. Killie Away and Hibs at home have been thorns in our side.

Champions are able to grind out 1 - 0 wins. Last season in particular we threw away 1 goal leads late on to Hibs twice if I remember correctly.
We gave away quite a lot of late goals in fact (Aberdeen & Motherwell away spring to mind) whereas Celtic won 3 or 4 games in the last minute.

That's a massive swing in points and it made the difference in the end.

Back