How do you feel Zungu played today?

He was fine I doubt if he has played on a pitch as bad as that since he was a boy. You can't judge football players on that crap surface.

He did okay, with good distribution of the ball.

Certainly take a good run in the side to see him up to speed.

I thought he looked really comfortable. He won a fair share of headers & he just needs more games. It’s fantastic when don’t have to rush him into X11 & he has time to settle in.

I think he could be a beast for us...always looking for the ball & can stop counter attacks.

Wasn't outstanding and wasnt shite, great first start in a much changed team and on shite plastic carpet. Never hid and always trying to be positive.

After a few more games he is going to be very good player.

Did well. A couple of players probably didn't enhance reputation, and a few did, but it was tough pitch and lower league opposition....hard to judge.

Bit of mixed bag for me, gave the ball away a few times, but also looked good on the ball at times. Early days tho, plus pretty sure it will take a while to get used to the hammer throwers in Scottish football.

I'm in a minority of one in this thread so far but first half I was unimpressed by the number of times he carelessly gave the ball away.
Second half was a training exercise and hard to judge.

Overall as things stand, not seen anything yet to suggest he will regularly dislodge the midfielders who we have relied on up to now. But very early days, and he probably wasn't fully match fit today so he will get better.
I think very similar, hard to tell so early with so many changes but looked better when Kamara came on.
It's great we could use this as a training game

First start, very good. Offers something different and will compliment several combinations in front of him and alongside him

I found him slightly sloppy in first part of the game but warmed up the longer it went on. He seems confident and hungry. Looking forward to seeing what he can achieve

Decent performance I thought and just like any player coming from abroad it's going to take a bit of time to become accustomed to the Scottish game.

Any new player is lucky in the sense that we're flying and they can seamlessly fit into the starting 11 without any disruption.

On a side note, the options we have available to us are quite incredible.

He will possibly need to quickly learn that you don’t get time on the ball in Scotland . I only managed the second half on BBC Scotland, where McCann was co commentator, and Zungus name was only mentioned a couple of times.

Decent enough considering it was in plastic and in a freezing cold Falkirk.

Surprised to see him start tonight given the gaffers comments pre Benfica match of him being out for “a week to 10days”

He was fine I doubt if he has played on a pitch as bad as that since he was a boy. You can't judge football players on that crap surface.
Mate I don't know if you caught any of his highlights from his recent International appearances but the pitches those games were played on were like old Sunday morning amateur pitches. I know these plastic pitches are hellish, but he's used to playing on much much worse.

Like that he looks long with his passing regularly. Something which out other midfielders don’t do so much.

Could be a real weapon for us as he builds familiarity with teammates.

Assured. Hardly put a foot wrong. He was fairly quiet, but did what he needed to with a minimum of fuss. Swept up in front of the back four really well, and obviously has an eye for the long pass.

Last edited:
Thought he looked confident and well placed in midfield today, kept hold of the ball and tried to create when he could. Onwards and upwards.
I think he showed some nice touches, good spacial awareness, moved the ball well and tried good forward thinking passes. I think he needs to get up to speed and matches will be required. It's down to him to try to get ahead of put current regular midfield.

Feeling positive about him

I think he showed some nice touches, good spacial awareness, moved the ball well and tried good forward thinking passes. I think he needs to get up to speed and matches will be required. It's down to him to try to get ahead of put current regular midfield.

Feeling positive about him

Is that PS4 or PS5?

Somebody in the match thread thought he was poor. Took a bit of stick for passing that opinion.

I thought he did fine. I particularly like that his first thought is ‘forward men’. Once he’s bedded in that is gonna pay dividends. He’s another good option for a something a bit different in midfield.

Definitely in the "grew into the game" category IMO. Started poorly, few loose passes and caught in possession a couple of times but second half I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. Clearly learned quickly that you don't get time on the ball here and adapted his game. Promising.

I thought he did OK, the odd wayward pass but I’m happy to see him looking to attempt the more direct pass.

Also thought that his general movement was good, he was quite often playing the ball and then moving into a position to offer the man an out ball.

He got caught a couple of times in the first half. Once on the ball and once waiting for the ball to come to him. He seemed to realise he won’t have that sort of time and settled into the game, played well in the second half.

Initially shaky but suspect that rotten pitch played a huge part. Absolutely grew in stature when Kamara came on. Tat helped him immensely.

Considering all the changes in team selection, the standard of the opposition and the plastic pitch it’s unfair to judge anyone. It was job done last night and he played his part.

Back