How do you get over it

I take heart from our run, from some amazing experiences along the way, from going toe to toe in the Final and only losing on the lottery of penalties.

I also reflect that our UEFA co-efficient has risen by 50% as an amazing run replaces our nadir. We have two winnable qualifying rounds to navigate for the CL, the first one will be against the likes of Sturm Graz rather than PSV Eindhoven thanks to our run this year. If we do get into the CL we have a good chance of being in pot 3, if drop down to the UEL we will be in Pot 1!

In Europe success breeds success, this season was a success despite the bitter end.

If anyone told me at the beginning of the season we'd be in a Europa Final and would take it to penalties and have a Cup Final days before you'd have taken it.

Losing in penalties was a killer but overall both teams were pretty even and had no recognised striker for most of the game.

Time will heal these things, also some tremendous support from the fans on Saturday for the team.

Scunnered, slightly hungover, didn’t drink as much last night as I went to bed at the back of eleven pissed off. Just hope we can win on Saturday to lift everyone but from the players perspective it’ll be hard with the disappointment of losing, the heat, the travelling etc, just hope they can get up for it. Proud of the team but It’ll take a bit of time to get over it.

hurts more as you know that there are no guarantees we ever get to a final in europe again. Domestic cups I get over fairly quickly but this will hurt for a long time

Maybe I'm just mellowing with age, but putting things into perspective there's a whole load of other shit that's gone on recently and going on now.

It will hurt for a while and always at the back of the mind but life very much goes on.

By pinching myself and remembering that we went all the way to the final, destroying Dortmund in the process and only lost to the luck that is penalties, scoring 4 against a German team in the process. I’ll never be prouder of my team than what we have achieved this season. It’s heartbreaking to lose like that but we should be holding our heads high.

Going to watch my new Rangers 72 DVD again. That's 5 European finals now for me in my lifetime and we have only won one. For some inexplicable reason the 1967 ECWC final against Bayern Munich seems the worst for me.

Just so glad to have had Barcelona 1972.

You just have to be philosophical about it.

As recent events in the world prove, there's worse things in life than losing a football match.

Hopefully most still have their health and their family.

You'll still wake up a Rangers fan, and we'll go again next year.
The rest of my life is a disaster at the moment so rangers winning would have cheered me up so much but hopefully Saturday gives us something to smile about

I just think about where we were 10 years ago when others tried to bury us. We got 55 last year and now had a run in Europe that most would never have dreamed off. Recently Supporting Rangers have been a rollercoaster ride but one i'll never want off as we support the best team in the world!

Still in bed, was hoping last night was a nightmare. Clearly not. For me forget about the whole thing, delete the game, never watch it again. Back on social media in a week or so when it's not being talked about. Still totally gutted. Can't believe it.

I wish we'd won with every fibre of my being, but I don't feel down.

I used to be a lot worse but I just refuse to let football affect me like it used to. The highs are just as good, but the lows no longer get to me. It hurts, of course it does, but honestly and genuinely I was just about over the result by the time I got home last night just after 11.

We have a good manager and a good side, the summer transfer window will hopefully be a productive one. Young players like King, Devine, McCann and Lowry look ready to start games next year. We have another cup final on Saturday.

This year proves that European finals do not and should not ever be seen as a "once in a generation" experience for Rangers Football Club.

The Champions league group stages and the League next season would go a long way to helping.

Although if you were to offer me nothing next season other than the chance to win the Europa League final again I'd snap your hand off for it. I'd take 3rd or 4th in the league if it meant winning the Europa, easy.

How do we get over it, easy last night, disappointing as it was is truely nothing compared to the way we were humiliated and treated when we were sent down to the very bottom of Scottish football.

Let me say this, during the years gone by I felt broken watching our glorious magnificent club being forced to play on pitches especially on the one that comes to mind, down the whole side of the playing field was a hedge and behind it was a road. The team bus could hardly turn in the tiny car parks that we went to.

So let's be realistic for one moment, last night was hard to take but considering where we have come from and on the brink of bankruptcy, I for one remain extremely proud having watched our rapid rise back to where we belong.

Yes of course we did not win last night but the bigger picture for me is that we have won a much bigger game, our enemies wanted us dead but look at where we were last night, let me tell you, them (ce@#ic) are full of jealousy and they can only dream of playing in a European Final.

The last three or four rounds that we played in, those quality teams would have wiped the floor with that lot from the east, what a difference European Refs have made to the way we play our football. Don't be sad be proud, there will be more success to come and we all will be part of it again, this wonderful club of ours does not accept the meaning of defeat .

I’m a nightmare at the best of times, wake up during the night thinking of chances if we drop points to Motherwell etc. but last night was a sore one and it’ll hurt for a long time. Just a case of manning up and being proud of what we achieved? Cause that’s not working at the moment.

Cup final on Saturday is probably the best thing that could happen or it would be a long summer ahead. Still devastated, what a chance we had
Through time it will ease, but we will never get over it fully.
I'll see Goldson leave that ball for the rest of my life.

Saturday is crucial. We‘ve made losing finals a habit and it needs to be reversed on Saturday. Lift ourselves (staff, players, fans all) and get Hearts pumped, then on to a brighter future.

Feeling sorry for ourselves and failing on Saturday (1 trophy in twelve since we’ve been back in a position to compete is unacceptable) would make for a very long summer!

This one’s going to take a long time. Partly because it was there for us and we might never get this chance again but also feeds into the summer and next season with the impact on finances and affording players to replace those leaving.

absolutely gutted and depressed right now. Came so close. If Kent had just put it away we would still be partying. Absolutely proud of the team and fans though. Still a great achievement but feel deflated right now

I was absolutely gutted last night. Still am truth be told. Spent most of the night lying awake in bed thinking about how close we came to winning it.

Gave my two boys a wee hug at the end of the game and told them this was part of the gig of being a supporter - you can experience the highest of highs or the lowest of lows, you just have to crack on and go again.

And reassured them that they’ll see Rangers in a European final again one day. Hopefully for me, it’ll be third time lucky next time.

It’s pretty simple really, don’t torture yourself with what-ifs. Life is to be lived and you can’t go back and change a thing. I know it’s easier said than done, but genuinely just stamp out thinking about last night. Enjoy the memories of the journey and the rest of the trip, and look forward to Saturday, I’m already starting to get buzzing for it.

Fucking love Rangers.

Have to say I'm beyond heartbroken.. Doubt we will get a better chance than last night. Can't shake the replays of Goldson not clearing the ball and Kents miss out my head at all.

Reactions: TN8
This 100x worse than Manchester and I didn’t think I could feel any worse than I did that night.

Winning on Saturday will be a start. To go into the summer having lost back to back cup finals doesn't bare thinking about at this point

Like all of lifes kicks in the balls you have to get up and get on with it. Really sore one just like Manchester but nothing will ever compare to February 2012. If we as a club and support can get over that then we can overcome anything.
Remember the cry was is and always will be No Surrender.
This from me the glass half empty guy is as positive as I can be today.

Today is a struggle that's for sure. But, if we win the cup on Saturday I'll feel a tadge better

Day at a time for me, feel a bit better now than I did last night, tomorrow will be better again and hopefully Saturday I watch our side win a trophy

I take these things badly, last night was a heartbreaker, don’t think I actually uttered a word for about half hour after the game

Onwards and upwards I suppose though

Haven’t slept a wink three nights on the trot got iintoTorremolinos from Seville about 6 this morning slept about 2 hours John Lundstrum song going through my head all week so glad I was there and when we scored what a feeling was next to the Germans a few bears in there we just went mental big gap opened up around us I’m trying to keep that feeing and thinking of cup final and we’ll our youngsters are progressing Lowry Macausland and Cole Mackinnon and big Leo all look they’re going to make it future is bright .

I haven't taken it well at all. They were there for the taking- if we had turned up like we had in other games, against better opposition. Goldson's mistake at the goal was a sore one. If we had been beaten well by a much better team it would be easier to take, but we have beaten better teams on the way to the final.

Think it’ll be the summer/start of next season when I reset in all honesty.

I’m gutted, can’t lie. This is the most a result has bothered me in as long as I can remember. Really had a good feeling about it and the difference to the club between winning and not was so unbelievable in terms of cash and competition next season that it just feels pretty catastrophic.

We’ll bounce back next season, but this one is going to take some shifting for me.

Back