How do you get over it

It’s going to be hard, but we have to try and focus on the incredible achievement of reaching the final and being on that stage once again.

Think about 10 years ago and where we were. If that doesn't make you feel better I don't know what will.

We don't need to name a suite or have a wall for that achievement because we'll be in another European Final sooner than you think.

I refuse to let a result affect my life, aye last night will be the biggest 'if only' imaginable but it's gone. Let's look forward to Saturday.

Hard one to take but have had a great few days away with my brothers,great memories.Leipzig game undoubtedly the best atmosphere at Ibrox ever

I’m a nightmare at the best of times, wake up during the night thinking of chances if we drop points to Motherwell etc. but last night was a sore one and it’ll hurt for a long time. Just a case of manning up and being proud of what we achieved? Cause that’s not working at the moment.

Cup final on Saturday is probably the best thing that could happen or it would be a long summer ahead. Still devastated, what a chance we had
Be proud brother,its hard to swallow,but it could have worked for us 2.sat is nearly here.

In time it'll pass.

The last couple of weeks I've ridden a high of adrenaline. Every waking minute, and even many whilst sleeping, have been consumed by thoughts of this final. I was convinced it was our time. It was a great time.

When that last penalty went in I just felt such a drop in energy. It was sucked out of me, and if been moping since. Going from looking at the positives one minute, to lamenting the result the next.

I tend to fixate on things. Always do. Positive or negative. But in time I'll fixate on something else, and when I look back, the overall feeling will be positive.

Times a healer but remember this, we were a Goldson outstretched foot or a Kent's differently angeled footed shot from winning the Europa League last night. That's how tight it was. It's buts and maybes but in all reality we really shouldn't have been there on paper, we have outpunched our weight yet again for another season in Europe which is outstanding. Not like the paedo harbourers who only really had the league to focus on as they are piss poor in Europe. We carry Scottish football.

... I'll never get over it. So close! It will be a scar in the corner of my mind for ever. Just have to try not to think about it too much.

Going to watch my new Rangers 72 DVD again. That's 5 European finals now for me in my lifetime and we have only won one. For some inexplicable reason the 1967 ECWC final against Bayern Munich seems the worst for me.

Just so glad to have had Barcelona 1972.
I’m the same 5 European finals in my lifetime I am totally gutted but 67 was worse they win the European cup 6 days later we lose in Nuremberg.

I'm not sure, I didn't get to sleep till 2am and I've been replaying it over and over again all day at work. I'm going to have to get myself up for Saturday but right now I'm just deflated.

It's football, there will be lows but there will be highs. Nothing will be as bad as 2012 and we have moved on.
Could be worse, could be one of them living in Europe vicariously through a mid table Bundesliga outfit.

It’s over, nothing I can do and it’s in the past.

I’m generally pretty good at moving on from these things, hurts at the time and sometimes do wonder ‘what if’ but it won’t bother me the day after per se.

I had a few tears last night, not ashamed to admit it. Am I on top form today, absolutely not.

However, in the real world I know of two young kids battling major illness in hospital so that’s the real life. Perspective.

Football can’t and shouldn’t govern your moods.

Maybe I'm just mellowing with age, but putting things into perspective there's a whole load of other shit that's gone on recently and going on now.

It will hurt for a while and always at the back of the mind but life very much goes on.

I’m the exact opposite, I am taking things far worse with age.

This 1 will hurt for a very very long time.

I’m a nightmare at the best of times, wake up during the night thinking of chances if we drop points to Motherwell etc. but last night was a sore one and it’ll hurt for a long time. Just a case of manning up and being proud of what we achieved? Cause that’s not working at the moment.

Cup final on Saturday is probably the best thing that could happen or it would be a long summer ahead. Still devastated, what a chance we had
Mixed emotions I had taken my best mate (not a football fan)up to Edinburgh, cancer clinic on Tuesday afternoon previously ,he had been clear of throat cancer after chemo and radiology treatment,but devastated to find out its reappeared on his lung,he may get 3 years maybe if lucky,fucking cried my eyes out Tuedsay Wednesday, watched the game with mixed emotions, sometimes things have to be put into pperspective,but still proud of our team first game when i was 8,and turned 70 in Februarythis year,lifes a bitch sometimes!

My daughters help massively.
Almost right after the last kick my oldest came down because she needed the toilet, distracted me straight away, took her back to bed, kissed her goodnight and thanked god I’m so lucky to have 2 amazing little girls.
Mate nail on head xxxx

I've deleted all my social media accounts but still struggling today. Massive missed opportunity which I don't think we can realistically expect to get again.

This will take a long time.

I remember sitting in the stadium at Manchester at full time in 2008 utterly devastated.

This to me feels a lot worse even than that.

A combination of regret due to I think we didn’t play at all like we can, and the fear we won’t reach another in my lifetime has left me sick.

I’ll be playing Goldson not cutting out that cross, Kent’s missed chance and Ramsey’s missed penalty in my head for a long time.

Going on Saturday, but right now it’s hard to lift the spirits for that. Albeit we have to win to salvage something from this season.

Stuff upper lip.

Last night is gone, I’m heartbroken but it’s not coming back - nothing we can do to change that.

Hopefully we get another crack at it one day but for now it’s on to Saturday at Hampden to give these players the backing they deserve in another cup final.

Time.

I’m taking it hard. Like real hard. Just wanted to win one with my dad beside me, who won’t see us in a final again. We probably won’t as the governing bodies only run the sport for the big clubs and don’t want a backwater club in a tinpot league to win a trophy now.

I am of the mindset, like former McLaren F1 Team Principal, you finish 2nd, that’s first of the losers. I’m hyper competitive that way. I don’t look it, but I do compete. I don’t mind using a little of the grey areas of the laws of the sport, I won’t use the dark/black arts.

I’ll get over it, some time. I just wanted Rangers to win it to have that father/son thing. Ill take the Semi Final as that moment. The numbness another loss isn’t great. We probably have seen our last ever final appearance. I am defeated now, if we ever get to a Conference League final, we will loose it. We may have to go the Timmy road and just be content with a 3rd in group in CL then go out in next round in EUL year on year.

Haven't processed it properly, but do know I'm extremely proud of the team and our support over the course of this journey. I've played sport in that heat and its unimaginable if you haven't tried it before. So yeah, for me last night was a stretch too far, but I know in time this will be a wonderful memory.

Now been to two euro finals in my lifetime and some have witnessed three.

We will get there again, sooner than some of us think.

Life goes on. It's the most devastated I've ever been after a game. Was just paralysed by the pain and sadness this morning, couldn't even get out of bed til nearly noon. But as the day goes on I'm starting to accept it and look ahead to Saturday.

I tend to contextualise it.

How many clubs even get to compete at this level? Winning quarter finals, semi finals etc? How many clubs ever win a league title or a cup?

Of course I could easily just choose to support Real Madrid or Bayern Munich and watch every match and maybe go once or twice a season, frequent opportunity to go to the host city for finals etc, but that's not going to happen. We are basically born into this so what are you going to do?

Look at Atletico Madrid. 2014 CL final, 1-0 up going into injury time. End up losing to Real after extra time. 2015, knocked out in the quarter final by Real with a 1-0 aggregate. 2016, lost the final on penalties to Real. 2017, knocked out in the semi finals by Real.

Yet, wild celebrations at Old Trafford this season when they knocked out Man United.

Haha. Look at our neighbours across the city. They spent four or five seasons singing about "ten in a row" only to fall flat on their faces at the final hurdle.

This is what football is. You get up and you go again or you walk away.

There's always going to be another match and another season.

It’s a bitter disappointment to lose in that manner but we move on as the future seems very bright under GVB. That’s the 3rd Euro final I’ve seen us lose and the worst was in 67 when we basically gave Bayern a doing and ended up losing a sucker goal in extra time.

The disappointment that we were so poor on the night won’t ever leave me, but neither will the pride in our performances to get there.

Kent's miss or great save whichever way you look at it will haunt me to my dying days.
This hurts more than Manchester for me, we never fired a shot in 08 but we were so close last night.

Travelled to Glasgow yesterday to meet some good mates to share the experience and from trudging back the hotel last night through to a very subdued lorne sausage roll breakfast this morning.
However a wee stroll in the sun and a couple beers at George Sq (it’s not ruined) has got most of the hurt out and ready for summer, new signings and go again next season.

Ps oh Saturday!

Woke up this morning with a headache and I wasn't even drinking. Wrote a couple of comments which were said through frustation and emotion and regret it. Still feel terrible, like a heavy hearted feeling.
Just need to get up for it for Saturday.

Back