How do you see the remainder of 2019 going?

giphy.gif

I think the OF game at the piggery is hugely important not just for the league but for our mentality. We need to go there and win - we know we can beat them at home but to get 3 points at their ground would be massive.

Win the next 2 and I'll be over the moon. The league will take care of itself. The league will not be decided in December. We are heaping unnecessary pressure on ourselves by acting like every dropped point is the end of the universe.

It can be lost in December.

Motherwell, Hibs and bheggars away.

I won’t say what my current prediction is because last night is still fresh in the mind it might influence my predictions more than it should.

What I will say is this, the rest of the month is a colossal test of our mental steel and will to win. IF we fall further behind and lose the cup final, then I think we’ll have to be honest with ourselves and acknowledge that some of these guys aren’t cut out to be Rangers players and simply aren’t winners.

8/12 v Celtic
12/12 v YBB
15/12 v M’well
20/12 v Hibs
26/12 v Killie
29/12 v Celtic

I reckon to still have any chance of league glory we need to take a point on 29th and win all the other league games. It’s not impossible by any means, given how we played in the first 30 odd minutes last night.
FWIW I actually think we will get 4 wins and 2 draws (YBB & Celtic) which would suit me.
Ironically I made a thread with my thoughts on the results and it got shut down :))

Hopefully Gerrard uses the lessons from last night to spark a tremendous run through to New Year.

I’ve never felt the league to be realistic this season and I fully expect to be around 8 points behind going into the winter break , albeit we will have a game in hand . We will lose at the piggery and probably draw at hibs .

Despite that if we can somehow win on Sunday then go through against young boys with a win or draw , I reckon the vast majority of us will be ecstatic at our progress since Gerrard arrived .

I can’t begin to describe how crucial Sunday is . If we don’t win , the pressure cranks up as our impatience for silverware grows . That’s just how it is at our club and I wouldn’t want it any different .

8/12 v Celtic - Win
12/12 v YBB - Draw
15/12 v M’well - Win
20/12 v Hibs - Draw
26/12 v Killie - Win
29/12 v Celtic - Lose

Id bite your hand off for the above . I’m a realist .

Think we will get through in Europe and we simple have to win on Sunday to get some momentum back.

We are also now in a position where we can’t afford to lose in the second OF game

I think the OF game at the piggery is hugely important not just for the league but for our mentality. We need to go there and win - we know we can beat them at home but to get 3 points at their ground would be massive.

Yeah we need to go there and win to balance out that disaster at the start of the season.

I can't imagine that we will win the league if we can't go there and pick up the win.
Dropping 3 points at home to us will hurt them.

If they manage to beat us at their place then I think regardless of the points difference you have to question if we are really good enough to challenge.

It always feels like maybe we are just a little bit short but we don't seem to get enough credit for the things we do get right.
We've had big results but Sunday and the the 29th are opportunities for truly massive, era defining, results.

I’ve never felt the league to be realistic this season and I fully expect to be around 8 points behind going into the winter break , albeit we will have a game in hand . We will lose at the piggery and probably draw at hibs .

Despite that if we can somehow win on Sunday then go through against young boys with a win or draw , I reckon the vast majority of us will be ecstatic at our progress since Gerrard arrived .

I can’t begin to describe how crucial Sunday is . If we don’t win , the pressure cranks up as our impatience for silverware grows . That’s just how it is at our club and I wouldn’t want it any different .

8/12 v Celtic - Win
12/12 v YBB - Draw
15/12 v M’well - Win
20/12 v Hibs - Draw
26/12 v Killie - Win
29/12 v Celtic - Lose

Id bite your hand off for the above . I’m a realist .
That would probably see us 10 points behind going into the winter break. That’s not realist. It’s pissing the bed.

Start of the season: We are going to win the league by a distance
Celtic home: they will win it by 15 points
Young Boys away: doubt we pick up more than 5 points in the group
Go top: we are going to win it
Porto Away: we are the best team in the league
Last night: a thread saying we will be 9 points behind
That’s FF for you, a real embarrassment at times.
Whatever happens happens, I was pissed off at last night but don’t write us off yet

Back