How does cash at the gate work?

As stated you are given a paper ticket on entr, a normal match ticket otherwise if it would be free all in the see you could ending in someones seat - given the the area used today the away section it won't happen but they issues tickets

Make sure to get a seat at the front so as to make it easier to access the "macaroon and the spearmint chewing gum." If you're really lucky they might be selling rolls and 'meat.'

I never knew this. Thought you just gave your money then went in and sat anywhere.

I'd have thought that would cause carnage if they're selling tickets before the game too a folk would sit on already sold seats

I'd have thought that would cause carnage if they're selling tickets before the game too a folk would sit on already sold seats
Aye true. I just assumed the area that got opened for pay at the gate never had any pre sold tickets in it.

Tickets can be bought at the Copland ticket outlet or pay at the gate in the Govan West Corner. You are allocated a seat number at the gate so you don't just sit where ever you want.

F@cking hell, this makes me feel old.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. Reminds me when my son was a teenager attempting to play some of my old albums and asking for the remote control, followed by several attempts to find the starting groove of a song before giving up!

Eh? Most will not have a clue how payat the gate works? You can’t be serious?
When was the last time you paid at the gate. I haven't did it since the early eighties as most folk are season ticket holders. So have you paid at the gate lately? Is it a free for all seats or are you handed a seat number? Couple of options there so unless you have used it then I assume you are only guessing, no?

I think today they hadn't sold any for the GW corner so you didn't get a ticket in there and they'd always planned it PATG.

If they'd had to open another gate, they know what tickets they've sold and can print the remaining ones for a single area quickly

10,000 tokens will be fine, 15,000 for Bar 72.

s-l225.jpg

First time PATG & liked it. Makes for a better atmosphere rocking up with your pals/rsc & sitting together. Must have been class back in the day.

Some amount of arsey replies to the OP that look bull now as no tickets were given. Good old FF :))

Jumpers for goalposts. Many years before long coats were for flashers, my old man walked through with me under his coat, my uncle would distract the steward as me and my wee cousin got liffted over and sometimes we'd get through with strangers ffs. How times have changed lol...

I think today they hadn't sold any for the GW corner so you didn't get a ticket in there and they'd always planned it PATG.

If they'd had to open another gate, they know what tickets they've sold and can print the remaining ones for a single area quickly
First time PATG & liked it. Makes for a better atmosphere rocking up with your pals/rsc & sitting together. Must have been class back in the day.

Some amount of arsey replies to the OP that look bull now as no tickets were given. Good old FF :))

What @Laudrup1 states is the normal practice for PATG games

If they had used another area they you will get a paper ticket on entry since there are existing STH and in some cases the general public sales with that area .i.e Copland Front/Rear

Using away section which didn't have prior sales meant they didn't have to print tickets

What's worse is the use of the term "rock up".

I'd ban you from Ibrox on account of that. No pay at the gate for you.

i remember patg to get into the enclosure years ago . cannae mind of getting one of these seat things you mention though :);)

Amazing some of the responses this generates from the grumpy old types.

I thought it was a fair question. Not everybody is from the era where your dad paid at the gate, lifted you over and then you went a got a bovril.

As it was pay at the gate.

Does this mean you have to pay going in as well as going out ?

Or do they do a deal where you can get 2 for 1 ?
(Effectively getting out free of charge)

Back